Cool if I chill here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your even a fan of a team or your not.

You pick a team, liked you picked Indy, and you should support them for life. You can root for Manning to do well but if Indy play Denver you should hope they stomp us and hit Manning numerous times.

Now, your a Manning fan, which is cool. Someone who doesn't support a team, but a player.

Denver fans will follow the team for life, regardless of who comes and goes, regardless of the W-L record.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
      I believe I can understand what the OP is saying. Peyton basically built the Colts as there were cellar dwellers before Peyton arrived. The Colts owe their good fortune to Peyton Manning, and should have shown a little more loyalty towards their saver. In the end it is just business and business never show any loyalty. I know fans don't generally look at the business side of football, but had the Colts kept Manning they would have owed him like 14 mil and they had no guarantee that Peyton would have been able to come back like he did. They had the chance to get Luck and he was simply to good of a prospect to pass up and he would have never sat behind Peyton Manning. So it comes down to simple math; with a healthy Manning they would have been contenders for maybe 5 years, with Luck they figure to be contenders for 12+ years. Of Course by having neck suguries and being out of football for a year, Peyton bought the Colts an additional 12 years of a future. The Colts should have shown a little more appreciation for what Manning did for them.
      That is relatively close to the discussion Irsay had with Manning. Irsay knew he couldn't supply the supporting cast to bring the Colts to the Super Bowl and get Manning another ring--and it sucks because Manning didn't want to be a financial burden but because of the NFLPA it was out of Manning's control. What made the situation worse was that aside from when Bob Sanders actually played a full season, the team was so mismanaged that they leaned more and more on Manning only to culminate in Polian and idiot Caldwell's destroying Peyton's last stand in 2009. They started drafting like idiots for players that didn't fit in their system, and in 2010 even the Colt's conditioning coach started giving up. Peyton deserved better. And again, it wasn't the fact that they dropped Manning; it was the 2009 season and everything else leading up to Manning's release.

Like honestly what happened in Indy these last several years is so messed up, you could write a book about it.
      fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
        lol So it's "you're not one of us, but you're cool to hang here for a bit?"
        That's not exactly what I meant.

You're cool to hang here for as long as you want to hang here. There's no way I can know whether you'll stick around after Peyton Manning retires, but you'll understand the scepticism. We very recently went though an influx of new "fans", and it's fair to say that most of them were only really supporting the Broncos insofar as it was a by-product of them supporting their favourite player. They now live on the Jets forum (I guess). I hope that isn't the case with some of the new transplants from Indy, because there's no reason not to welcome new Broncos fans. Sorry if my post came across as dismissive.

Regarding the rest of your post... I prefer cats. CBA for walkies.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Your even a fan of a team or your not.

You pick a team, liked you picked Indy, and you should support them for life. You can root for Manning to do well but if Indy play Denver you should hope they stomp us and hit Manning numerous times.

Now, your a Manning fan, which is cool. Someone who doesn't support a team, but a player.

Denver fans will follow the team for life, regardless of who comes and goes, regardless of the W-L record.
          Ok first off, I didn't 'pick' a team; I was born in Indy. Next, as far as "you should root for them for your entire life," I think you are taking your team--it's history and it's accomplishments--for granted. Try seeing things from a Colts fan's perspective born around the same time they moved to Indianapolis. Not only that but how could you expect someone to compromise their own honor and integrity for the sake of some silly sport? "Who comes and goes"??? I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with you on that one. If I were a Steelers fan, when Ben was accused of nightclub rape TWICE (once I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but TWICE... no), I would not root for my team until Ben was gone--they would still be my team however. In this case, would you agree with me or would you turn into one of those "innocent until proven guilty" yahoos for the sake of sports comradery? Or when the Patriots cheated, to be like "oh every body does it, you're just jealous because we're better than you?" No.

And I didn't say I'm done with the Colts; I said I'm angry at them. They cleaned house and are in a rebuilding stage--it's a step in the right direction, but for now I have Peyton and the Broncos. I already told you why I like the Broncos, and you are basically telling me that I am incapable of team loyalty and implying that I'll disappear as soon as the Colts are 'good' again. It's kind of insulting man. Peyton signed a five year deal with the Broncos. I'm a Broncos fan now dude; not just a Broncos-with-Peyton-Manning fan. Sorry if that weirds you out.
          fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
            That's not exactly what I meant.

You're cool to hang here for as long as you want to hang here. There's no way I can know whether you'll stick around after Peyton Manning retires, but you'll understand the scepticism. We very recently went though an influx of new "fans", and it's fair to say that most of them were only really supporting the Broncos insofar as it was a by-product of them supporting their favourite player. They now live on the Jets forum (I guess). I hope that isn't the case with some of the new transplants from Indy, because there's no reason not to welcome new Broncos fans. Sorry if my post came across as dismissive.

Regarding the rest of your post... I prefer cats. CBA for walkies.
            No, it's not dismissive at all. This isn't like a washed up Favre playing a season here, a season there... Peyton signed a 5 year contract with you guys. I'm basically bound to the Broncos for life. Now are there some Peyton/Colts fairweatherers out there? Sure. But there are also principled FOOTBALL fans out there as well. I'm hoping this thread champions the later.

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
            I'm glad you do, because it sounds more like drunken posting than anything. Sorry, no offense to the OP. but that last post is all over the place.
            lol None taken. Little sleep deprived--maybe a tad outlandish at this point.

On an interesting side note, one of my good friends from high school has been trying to get me to move to Colorado Springs for the last several years. I've been meaning to fly out there, but haven't had the time.
            fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

All are welcomed here...we even have a few very active Chargers and Raiders fans here, so you know we don't kick anyone out.

You'll have to forgive people for being skeptical, like someone said, last year we were overrun with an influx of new "fans" who claimed the Broncos were the team they always wanted to root for, but since we had the QB who shall not be named, now we were totally their team forever and ever and ever.

All sorts of different fans make up message boards like this; fans of players, fans of the team, rival fans, etc. Peyton should hopefully be around here for a while (and hopefully with success!) so I would expect to see you around here for a while as well. Hopefully you feel something special when rooting for this team that you didn't feel with the Colts. Many of us are fans from outside the Denver area, but have been fans for quite some time. Whatever path you ultimately take, you're still welcome here

Just expect a few more "well you're not really a fan if..." posts. People like to pretend sometimes that the only true fans are the ones exactly like them. The real true fans are the ones who are rooting for the orange and blue on Sunday, and it sounds like that's you.

Welcome!
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

You pick a team, liked you picked Indy, and you should support them for life.
                I guess I missed this rule in the handbook somewhere.
                Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  John Elway is widely known as one of the biggest butt holes in Denver, by the way.
                  He's famous for that in northern Idaho as well.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                    All are welcomed here...we even have a few very active Chargers and Raiders fans here, so you know we don't kick anyone out.

You'll have to forgive people for being skeptical, like someone said, last year we were overrun with an influx of new "fans" who claimed the Broncos were the team they always wanted to root for, but since we had the QB who shall not be named, now we were totally their team forever and ever and ever.

All sorts of different fans make up message boards like this; fans of players, fans of the team, rival fans, etc. Peyton should hopefully be around here for a while (and hopefully with success!) so I would expect to see you around here for a while as well. Hopefully you feel something special when rooting for this team that you didn't feel with the Colts. Many of us are fans from outside the Denver area, but have been fans for quite some time. Whatever path you ultimately take, you're still welcome here

Just expect a few more "well you're not really a fan if..." posts. People like to pretend sometimes that the only true fans are the ones exactly like them. The real true fans are the ones who are rooting for the orange and blue on Sunday, and it sounds like that's you.

Welcome!
                    lol They were forgiven before I made this thread; I'm trying to convert them!
                    Really though, I've never felt unwelcome here. Football forums are generally good people--Broncos forum is no different

I've got thick skin, just trying to draw out contentious obstinance so I can diffuse it before it ever becomes an issue.
                    + I'm bored.

Some good dialog though, right? lol Bet you had no idea how 'principled' Colts fans were so enigmatic!
                    fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      He's famous for that in northern Idaho as well.
                      When he flipped off my 13 year old sister at Cherry Creek Mall and told her "get the frankfurter outta my way kid", lol....
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

When he flipped off my 13 year old sister at Cherry Creek Mall and told her "get the frankfurter outta my way kid", lol....
                        lol I don't see that. I could, however, see him getting upset when being cut-off after only 3 glasses of wine over the span of three hours--I'd be mad too.
                        fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Always good to have a new fan whether you are a fan of Manning and Manning only or the Broncos in general. As someone said earlier there are Chargers and Raiders fans on here as well. If we can accept them no one should have a problem with you. Most of us can relate to some degree. We just now are really getting over the McDaniels era which is imo a lot worse than what the Colts have went through but maybe i'm biased. The Colts have won a Super Bowl since we last have though. Your situation kind of reminds me of when McDaniels first got here and Cutler left and McDaniels basically "spat in our faces" as fans lol. Anyway though, glad to have you here and welcome to Bronco Nation

Comment

I've met Elway twice. He was always really nice and willing to talk a bit to me anyways...
                            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

John Elway is widely known as one of the biggest butt holes in Denver, by the way.
                              Hahaha, Yup.
                              Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
                                Elephant in the room:

Sorry, but you guys have my quarterback.

After watching Polian ravage my team and Peyton's chance at a dynasty, Caldwell throwing a playoff game against the Jets and a Super Bowl against the Saints due to his incompetence, and then Caldwell and Polian (and Irsay?) pulling their starters in 2009 essentially spitting in the faces of their fans and players... I owe the Colts nothing. Then to drop Manning for Luck was the icing on the cake--though I don't fault them entirely for this... after everything else leading up to it it makes me even more bitter. That team would be playing in LA right now if it weren't for Peyton Manning. In short, while the Colts front office has angered most Colts fans for the better part of a decade, I will never forgive them for 2009. It means my fandom priority list changed from 1) Colts, 2) Peyton Manning 3) underdog teams, to 1) Peyton Manning, 2) Broncos, 3) Colts (born in Indy), 4) underdog teams.

Really though, I couldn't be happier that Peyton landed with the Broncos under Elway. I've always liked the Broncos. a), I've always been a fan of Elway (second to Marino of course), not just as a football player but as a person--no joke, I've met more than one person who's met John and said he is one of if not the most polite, friendly, and down to earth celebrities they've ever met. b), I admired John Elway for giving Tebow a chance in spite of sports media tearing into the poor kid day in day out--speaks to his character. c), I LOVED how the Broncos dealt with McDaniels when he tried to bring that spygate crap to Denver.

I think you guys have a good organization and a good team, in talent and in character, honor, and integrity. I think Manning came to this team for a reason! Dude, he's PFM.
                                Hello there and welcome to Mania.

I'm sorry I was a little late, as I was busy in the tub....rolling around naked and crying...where I'd placed the ashes of my Clarke, Saturday, and Vinnie jerseys.

Your post is word for word how I feel. I've been a member here on the boards for several years now. I met my husband here as well as several close friendships. One could say things got a little out of hand. Originally, I was just coming here to troll a bit. Now. I've screwed up my whole team in Indy, the mojo shifted and Manning is in Denver. Oh, the irony. I had no idea the kind of witchcraft I was truly capable of.

When Indy is playing, my husband looks over to me with a hopeful look on his face. Perhaps I'll find that passion I once had for the blue & white. No, I'm compelled to wear blue and orange now. I want to glue Irsay's phone to his privates, set him on fire and Tweet about it.

Okay, maybe that's going a little too far.

I'll never forgive or forget 2009, or the fact that I see Saturday in Green and Yellow, Dallas is a Buck, and how Addia walked off Gillette field after a week and hasn't been seen since. Not even going into all the others who deserved better both on the field as well as in the offices.

SMH

Broncos fans are like nothing you will ever see in the NFL. They're quite amazing, and I'm very lucky a few of my favorites ended up here.

I used to make jokes about Elvis taking over in Indy someday. I look over and see Del Rio and Manning smiling on the sidelines. Del Rio. My God. I see people altering their jerseys into half breed blue, orange and whites. Colts fans showing up at Broncos games and cheering just as loudly as they proudly wear Indy's colors. I'm mad as hell. I'll never forgive Irsay.

Denver deserves Manning, Stokely, and as many rings as they can wear. They have my mojo now.

I'm grateful to be a Denver fan. I never in a million years thought I would ever type those words.
                                But here I am.

COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Working...
                                X