Cool if I chill here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
    Great post - but as far as that last part, that is not at all what I wanted. We're all Broncos fans and the last thing I want is to instigate petty back-and-forth fandom contests between any of us.

I made this thread for two reasons: 1), I'm scared that a Colts/Broncos post-season match-up is looming around the corner and wanted to get some stuff out in the air beforehand, rather than when we're raging these forums at half-time and emotions are running high. And 2), we are (or "were," I guess) extremely passionate fans over in Indy--like not in an Eagles-fan kind of way, but in the way you'll discover through the narrative of my posts in this thread. Wanted to make this clear so nobody gets rubbed the wrong way when we go PFM-crazy all over these boards (...because of the whole Tebow thing).

I wanted to make most of my points in the original post, but a lot of them I couldn't address because they required feedback for me to respond to. - and reading through them to fully grasp where I'm coming from is probably tedious to say the least. Sorry for that.

Good stuff though. Couldn't be happier with the feedback and I'm glad we're all on the same page for the most part.

Broncos are where it's at :thumb:

-Case closed-
    I guess all I, and some others meant, is a fan is not someone who just stays for the good times then leaves when it gets difficult.

but I never meant any harm, great to have you here :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      I guess all I, and some others meant, is a fan is not someone who just stays for the good times then leaves when it gets difficult.

but I never meant any harm, great to have you here :thumb:
      No man, you guys are great!

Peyton leaving Indy was like a kids parents getting divorced. Sucks, but now I have two Christmas's. (lol k, terrible analogy - sorry bout that)

Broncos fan for life, bro.

+ now I have an excuse to get NFL Sunday Ticket. Luv it
      fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
        No man, you guys are great!

Peyton leaving Indy was like a kids parents getting divorced. Sucks, but now I have two Christmas's. (lol k, terrible analogy - sorry bout that)

Broncos fan for life, bro.

+ now I have an excuse to get NFL Sunday Ticket. Luv it
        I know how you feel... My new favorite team is the Broncos. # 2 is the Giants, and then # is whoever is playing the Colts. Yes i pulled for New England to destroy the Colts. The last time I pulled for New England in a game was in their first Super Bowl against the Rams because I was tired of hearing about Kurt Warner knowing any decent QB could put up #'s in that system.

Whether the Broncos & Colts cross paths in the Playoffs or next year in Indy, the Broncos will not be able to score enough points to satisfy my distaste of Jim Irsay and his franchise.
        Last edited by allthings18; 12-12-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
          I know how you feel... My new favorite team is the Broncos. # 2 is the Giants, and then # is whoever is playing the Colts. Yes i pulled for New England to destroy the Colts. The last time I pulled for New England in a game was in their first Super Bowl against the Rams because I was tired of hearing about Kurt Warner knowing any decent QB could put up #'s in that system.

Whether the Broncos & Colts cross paths in the Super Bowl or next year in Indy, the Broncos will not be able to score enough points to satisfy my distaste of Jim Irsay and his franchise.
          I think I love you...
          OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            When he flipped off my 13 year old sister at Cherry Creek Mall and told her "get the frankfurter outta my way kid", lol....
            That really sucks. Dude's been my idle since I was a kid, and seeing stuff like this disappoints me.

This certainly isn't the only story like this that I've heard about him...
            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
              That really sucks. Dude's been my idle since I was a kid, and seeing stuff like this disappoints me.

This certainly isn't the only story like this that I've heard about him...
              Eh, I was given the opportunity to get to know John on a personal level and there are numerous stories on the other side of the spectrum. Everyone has their flaws and handles situations poorly if they are having a rough day or provoked but he is only human, at least off the football field.
              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                I couldn't agree with you more re Tebow, LoserSlick, although I say that figuring I'll get flamed, lol.

One thing I'm noticing about this thread you started is that it contains a bunch of thoughtful, well-reasoned and polite posts. I'm enjoying that. I'm also noticing there appear to be a few women coming out of the woodwork to contribute. Sometimes I think us girls get lost in the testosterone.

And Can, to answer your question about college players, yep, the guys I follow in college, I continue to follow them in the pros. I like to see them do well. It makes me *interested* in their pro teams, and that doesn't affect my Broncos "fandom" one bit. Actually when I'm paying attention to what other teams are doing, it makes me a more knowledgeable fan.... more aware of what's happening outside of Dove Valley and Mile High.
                I get ya.

My point behind asking the question wasn't to suggest that folks would go 100% behind their favs from college, rather than the fact they may actually follow another team more closely.....which is absolutely fine by me. The issue I have is when folks say they are dedicated to The Borncos (or whichever team they follow) and take little interest in anyone else. That's dullsville for me, especially when your fav is out of the playoffs. For me, it's cool to have a 2nd fav and a 3rd fav, and so on. That has nothing to do with lack of commitment to one team.

And though slightly off topic, I enjoy sports and any type of contest when I like one team / player more than another. It makes for good entertainment for me. Therefore it's cool to like other teams, even if designated as high as "2nd favourite". If I didn't like other teams, it would greatly reduce my interest in watching all the games I do. Neutrality sucks in my books!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Manning4life View Post
                  I think I love you...
                  Well now

Comment

Are there any Gators/Tebow fans from last year that have stuck around?
                    IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

Originally posted by nierika View Post
                      Are there any Gators/Tebow fans from last year that have stuck around?
                      More important, where are all the Orton fans, lol
                      A Classic.... :thumb:
                      sigpic

Comment

Kansas City #neckbeard #nation
                        IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

Working...
                        X