Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else want to see more green?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Rod-
    replied
    We already know Virgil Green can play. At least he can block and make a few catches. He should have caught a TD pass against the Raiders, but the defender grabbed/tackled him while the pass was in the air. The big question mark is Julius Thomas. Maybe he just can't play pro football. I see TE and WR as some of the best options for the Broncos in the 2013 draft. These are positions that can be upgraded and they would provide more ammo for Peyton Manning.

I think the Broncos should pull the trigger if the scouts identify a special TE that can catch 10 TD passes during a season, and another playmaker at WR would open possibilities with the defensive focus going more and more to Demaryius Thomas.

EDIT: If there is a TE at least as good as Kyle Rudolph in the draft, It would not be a bad idea to get him at the bottom of the 1st round.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    sproles? he has had a pretty effective career thus far
    Ronnie Hillman. He's already on the team.

Leave a comment:

• Tarheel23
    replied
    I like Green a lot. That being said I have Totorlio mocked to us. It would be nice to carry 4 TEs again.

Holliday should get more touches on offense. Give him a little space and we already know what he can do.

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    It's not that Holliday would get injured because he's small, it's that he's such a small target in the passing game. And we already have a guy playing his role at RB that is better than him in Hillman.
    sproles? he has had a pretty effective career thus far

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    Two things...

That is a big edge with wrapping up the AFCW fast. We are playing for seeding which everyone knows.

I'm not so sure we are going to see a completely different O, some wrinkles, I would hope, but if it ain't broke....

We just need to start better. That has been the biggest issue. KM has done a great job so far and really, I can't wait, now that we have confidence in him, when WM comes back who can turn those -1 yard runs in to +4 and punch it in the endzone as well.
    JDR has been playing all his game day defenders in order to develop the young players and have them ready.

Offense is different in formations and which personnel line up in them. Some of those new looks may be currently practiced.

I drifted off to sleep last night thinking of how to block Wing GTO Counter against split front and odd front with Holliday as the Wingback. He could also run it from Slot and he could motion to Wing or Slot from Pro or Twins. Need to chalk that up to see which side would be better for him, split or tight.

Would love to see that play. It would be best going to the right to have Beadles and Clady pulling. Do it from I formation with Unrein and Hester in the backfield and have them fill for the pullers. :thumb:

PS Run it from the left hash.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    What you're seeing right now for the Broncos offensively is probably what you're going to see for the remainder of the season. Dressen was on the radio today and basically said their philosophy on offense is to be the best at things you do well. He said they may or may not be working on different things in practice but if they were you probably wouldn't see them until the playoffs.

Translation: The Broncos offense intends to change in the playoffs.
    Two things...

That is a big edge with wrapping up the AFCW fast. We are playing for seeding which everyone knows.

I'm not so sure we are going to see a completely different O, some wrinkles, I would hope, but if it ain't broke....

We just need to start better. That has been the biggest issue. KM has done a great job so far and really, I can't wait, now that we have confidence in him, when WM comes back who can turn those -1 yard runs in to +4 and punch it in the endzone as well.

Leave a comment:

• TheJeffSloan
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of Virgil in the playoffs. It is impossible for me to believe that the coaches don't have plans to utilize such a freak athlete.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
    It's even more ironic now that we have Peyton because back then Broncos would get trounced by Indy. Indy would get killed by the Pats and Denver would smoke the Pats. A weird little triangle going on there LOL.
    Manning straightened that out though. He went like 5-2 against NE in his last 7 with the Colts. The 2 losses were incredibly tight too.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Regarding Green: As was already said he was suspended earlier this year. We have other TE's that have a rapport with Manning and have had time on the field to learn their blocking assignments. I would imagine that he'll see more playing time as he progresses and they should already have a few plays drawn up for him.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    It's not that Holliday would get injured because he's small, it's that he's such a small target in the passing game. And we already have a guy playing his role at RB that is better than him in Hillman.

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    Me and a few other Broncos fan I know been thinking that way for awhile....Think about it,we're the only franchise in the AFC and one of two franchises(The other being the Giants)in the league to have a winning record against him...
    It's even more ironic now that we have Peyton because back then Broncos would get trounced by Indy. Indy would get killed by the Pats and Denver would smoke the Pats. A weird little triangle going on there LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Fivehead Fan
    replied
    According to IAOFM, Jacob Tamme has the most pass blocks in the league, at any position, without allowing a pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by Springs View Post
    Holliday's too small to play offense IMO. He's gonna get injured and we'll lose our best punt returner. Agree with you about Green, though.
    He's too small to play on offense where he'll get the ball in space because of injury risk, yet he plays on Special Teams which statistically averages the highest injury ratio in football?

I think we don't see more of the names mentioned here because they aren't doing enough on offense. The coaches know more than we do. They are at all the practices, workouts, and warm ups. They are calling the games. We as fans know practically nothing by comparison. We pretend to be experts, but we're not. Just because they make a decent play once in a while doesn't mean they deserve to be out there. Perhaps there's a conflict with the coaches, or maybe they miss a lot of assignments; maybe the playbook is still confusing them and they only understand a few plays.

Trust that the coaches know what they are doing and with whom.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-13-2012, 01:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire Riggz
    replied
    Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
    Agree 100%. Notice how many touches Moreno is getting. We are trying to kill the clock as soon as we get a lead so we can show as little of our offense as possible. I highly doubt Moreno will get 30 carries in any playoff game. Ball will be in Manning's hands as much as possible. That being said, Manning knows Bellicheat is watching and doesnt want to tip his hand so soon.
    YOU'VE ALREADY SAID TOO MUCH! Mod lock this up asap!!

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
    LOL- my friends thought I was crazy when I joked that Bellichick sent McD over to sabotage our franchise.... Who's crazy now?

CONSPIRACY!!!
    Me and a few other Broncos fan I know been thinking that way for awhile....Think about it,we're the only franchise in the AFC and one of two franchises(The other being the Giants)in the league to have a winning record against him...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X