Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Are you scared of the Patriots?

This was posted on the Mane...

I'm not scared, but i'm not sure we could beat them at NE...

Just pose so many matchup problems on defense.
    Yes
    43.48%
    No
    56.52%

No sir, I am not!
    sigpic

Comment

Nope. Easy W. We are the best team in the league and won't lose again until august in some meaningless preseason game.

Comment

Yes. (Don't hate me! o_o)
        sigpic

Comment

One thing I think will help us come playoff time is that we have faced nearly every playoff team in the AFC. Peyton has seen these teams before and he has had success against them all at least somewhat. By the time the playoffs are here we will have faced Houston, New England, Baltimore, Cincy, and Pittsburgh who all could be playoff teams. The only playoff team we haven't seen is the Colts. Not to mention we have also already seen the Falcons if we happen to meet in the Super Bowl by any chance. I think this really helps us with Peyton knowing how to study and exploit defenses. New England does look good now though but I'm not worried I believe the Patriots are worrying about us just as much as we have to worry about them. You always worry about the team other than yours that looks the best which to us is the Patriots and to them is probably us right now. No reason to worry though.

Comment

I'm not scared of the Patriots, but I respect them.

We have a much better defense, but they do have a better offense, especially, they run the ball much better.

Anyhow, either team is about equally likely to win in a game between us and them. With teams who are evenly matched, it's a coin flip who will win in any given game.

Their improved play in the secondary is going to make things tougher, though.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              Nope. Easy W. We are the best team in the league and won't lose again until august in some meaningless preseason game.
              lol...................

Comment

I know we have a great team and all, but yes I'm afraid of meeting NE in the playoffs. If their ridiculous offense wasn't scary enough, their defense is playing out of this world right now. Did someone give Vince Wilfork HGH?? He's playing like he's 25 again. I think Houston tried to block him with 3 guys and he ate them all. Not to mention their secondary for the first time in years is actually good with Mccourty and Talib. I mean, they made Houston look like the Jets.

But most of all, and most importantly, the only way to beat Brady is to get to him with 4 guys, and that's something I just don't think we can do.

Didn't want to be a downer, I even depressed myself. It's the truth though.

Comment

Never been "scared" of the Pats.

Heck, take away fumbles by WM and DT in the 1st game and it'd have been a Broncos win back when the team was not firing on all cylinders. The team's doing a lot better now and while it wouldn't be a cake walk, there's no reason to believe Denver couldn't beat them.

The main issue would be playing @ NE and overcoming that infamous home-field advantage. *cough*malfunctioning communication equipment*cough*

Comment

the issue with playing New England is teams have a tendency to play tight and beat themselves. New England is doing the same thing they've done the last few years, blowing teams away in December making everyone gush about them, and what happened? They should have lost to Baltimore in the AFCCG, lost to the Giants, got beat by the Jets and the Ravens in the first round....they're following this same pattern. We can absolutely beat them, and if they slip up and the game ends up being played in Denver, forget it. We got them.

Comment

Not scared of them, but I pray they slip up in the next few weeks and we can get them at home. However to be the best, you have to be able to beat the best in any condition on any field!
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't want to vote in this poll, because it's a misleading question. If the question is whether they are a better team, I think it's obvious what the answer is. Whether we have a better D statistically against other opponents is meaningless in a one game series. The Texans have one of the top defenses in the league. That didn't stop Brady & Co. from putting 42 on them. They also have a very good offense that didn't manage to score more than a touchdown during meaningful play.

I think right now if we played them 10 times on a neutral field, with how slow we start games and how quickly they can put the game away, plus the turnover differential in our games, we maybe win 2. Does that mean I'm scared? Or just realistic?
                        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

No doubt......Right now they are hands down the best team in the league. They have one of the best coaches ever, same for QB. We will be playing them in NE. They have owned us of late, and PM traditionally has little success in NE in the cold. Yeah I think that is a very uphill battle.
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

After last night....I don't think they lose again until the playoffs...I hope we give them that loss but to be honest I think we'll be facing them in foxburo and I don't like them odds...
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, as much as it pains me to say it I believe we are the second best team in the AFC. That being said if we play mistake-free smashmouth football we CAN beat them home or away. I predict however that Elway will spend the next 4 years trying to build a team that can beat the Patriots, and Brady will spend his waning years as a Bronco. Elway will then try to build a team that can beat Luck and the Colts!

Comment

Working...
                              X