No announcement yet.

Poll: Are you scared of the Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A better question might be do the Patriots fear the Broncos?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
      I don't want to vote in this poll, because it's a misleading question. If the question is whether they are a better team, I think it's obvious what the answer is. Whether we have a better D statistically against other opponents is meaningless in a one game series. The Texans have one of the top defenses in the league. That didn't stop Brady & Co. from putting 42 on them. They also have a very good offense that didn't manage to score more than a touchdown during meaningful play.

I think right now if we played them 10 times on a neutral field, with how slow we start games and how quickly they can put the game away, plus the turnover differential in our games, we maybe win 2. Does that mean I'm scared? Or just realistic?
      Perhaps think of the question this way, "Are you scared the Patriots will beat us in the playoffs?"

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
        Well, as much as it pains me to say it I believe we are the second best team in the AFC. That being said if we play mistake-free smashmouth football we CAN beat them home or away. I predict however that Elway will spend the next 4 years trying to build a team that can beat the Patriots, and Brady will spend his waning years as a Bronco. Elway will then try to build a team that can beat Luck and the Colts!
        That's an interesting scenario you paint....
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Scared, no. I respect them and believe they are a great team this and will be a challenging game if we meet again. I also think if we are firing on all cylinders, we can beat anyone.

Comment

Even in the last game, Bob Belichick (Oh Donald, really?) went for it on 4th because he was terrified of Peyton coming back.

That was back when this team was gelling and not really firing on all cylinders. Now we're all in and our defence is playing great I think we have a shot. Which is why I'm not afraid.

As long as we don't mess up and we play good fundamental football we can win.
            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Yeah definitely. We don't match up well with them on offense and that defense is actually improved quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Yes NE scares the hell out of me. They are almost unstoppable.
                Unstoppable, no, but it would take a crazy effort to beat them.

They very well could be unbeaten right now.

Comment

YES....any team that you will need to play mistake free football to beat is scary

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                    I don't want to vote in this poll, because it's a misleading question. If the question is whether they are a better team, I think it's obvious what the answer is. Whether we have a better D statistically against other opponents is meaningless in a one game series. The Texans have one of the top defenses in the league. That didn't stop Brady & Co. from putting 42 on them. They also have a very good offense that didn't manage to score more than a touchdown during meaningful play.

I think right now if we played them 10 times on a neutral field, with how slow we start games and how quickly they can put the game away, plus the turnover differential in our games, we maybe win 2. Does that mean I'm scared? Or just realistic?
                    Since losing Brian Cushing for the season, the Texans have given up games of 42, 37, 31, and 42. That is not a good defense. Not anymore.

There is only one team in the AFC that can stop the Pats and that is the Broncos. They are a complete package. They can stop potent offenses. They can hold on to the ball in crucial drives. They can switch the field position with a big play on special teams.

Comment

Not gonna lie. When I think about the possibility of playing the Patriots in the post-season I do get a little scared. I don't think it's a certainty that we'd lose by any means, but it's much more of a toss up than some of the other matchups and that gives me pause. This could be the year the Broncos win the SB, and the Pats are a big time threat to that, so yeah they scare me a little bit.

Comment

That was such a lopsided game. Texans are a much better team than they showed last night, the Pats are a very good team plus they know how to put the evil eye on you. Are the Pats beatable? oh hell yes, just ask Eli & Co. The Broncos looked a lot better against the Pats in our last meet than the Texans did last night. Me thinks.

Comment

What has hurt us is slow starts and fumbles. We've gotten the fumble issues fixed (knock on wood) but keep sleepwalking through the first halves of games. If we can just get some early points I think we can beat anyone.
                          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

The Broncos are quarterbacked by a guy who runs a no huddle O, believes in balance and uses the PAP.

The D has playmakers at each position and can score.

STs provide excellent FP and can score.

Other teams probably fear the Broncos who are making plays in all three phases of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              The Broncos are quarterbacked by a guy who runs a no huddle O, believes in balance and uses the PAP.

The D has playmakers at each position and can score.

STs provide excellent FP and can score.

Other teams probably fear the Broncos who are making plays in all three phases of the game.
                              I bolded the key there. Whoever we play they are going to be a solid team. And we'll need out "A" game with each and every one.
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                                I bolded the key there. Whoever we play they are going to be a solid team. And we'll need out "A" game with each and every one.
                                Right, Bro. Winning isn't peaking. Win in December, peak in January.

The third quarter of the last game at Oakland was a classic example of offense/defense/special teams comlementary football.

Comment

Working...
                                X