No announcement yet.

Poll: Are you scared of the Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not scared of New England.Houston had a lot of players not in the game monday.With getting DJ, Porter,Green, and Kuper back we have the depth needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
      I'm not scared of New England.Houston had a lot of players not in the game monday.With getting DJ, Porter,Green, and Kuper back we have the depth needed.
      The depth this season has been remarkable. A number of guys have really stepped up. I love the way Del Rio uses all defenders available during a game.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

im not scared of them but if they beat up the 49ers ill be very concerned w/ them...if or when we play them again itll have to be almost perfect esp. on offense...

Comment

I think this is the most dangerous the Patriots have looked since the '07 season. They'd be about the toughest postseason matchup there is, but this is also the best Bronco team in a long time. I truly believe this team with Manning at quarterback is 100% capable of winning the Super Bowl this year, but the road through the AFC is gone be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Since losing Brian Cushing for the season, the Texans have given up games of 42, 37, 31, and 42. That is not a good defense. Not anymore.

There is only one team in the AFC that can stop the Pats and that is the Broncos. They are a complete package. They can stop potent offenses. They can hold on to the ball in crucial drives. They can switch the field position with a big play on special teams.
            I don't see how one player made that big of a difference. I'm not buying that they aren't good, they are just high risk, high reward, like the Broncos D under Coyer.

I dont think we are stout enough upfront to either apply pressure or stop the Pats running game. If we can't do that we will get beaten with play action. I would give the Ravens a better shot, since they actually beat the Pats and they have the tools needed on both sides.

Offensively I don't see an answer for Wilfork. Plus, we are the anti-Patriots. We don't have a run game and we dont have the playmakers they do.
            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
              I think this is the most dangerous the Patriots have looked since the '07 season. They'd be about the toughest postseason matchup there is, but this is also the best Bronco team in a long time. I truly believe this team with Manning at quarterback is 100% capable of winning the Super Bowl this year, but the road through the AFC is gone be tough.

I agree, their secondary is much better now than it was when we played them with the addition of Talib. Their pass rush appears to be improved as well. I would say their the biggest threat to our title chances, by far.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                I'm not scared of New England.
                Speak for yourself.

Maybe not scared, i'm chicken, but it's a respect fear with the Pats. They are an exceptional team.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  I agree, their secondary is much better now than it was when we played them with the addition of Talib. Their pass rush appears to be improved as well. I would say their the biggest threat to our title chances, by far.
                  I think we are better too.We have Harris and Carter playing well and getting Kuper,DJ, Green,Brooking,and adding other players in the mix made us a lot stronger.As the season goes on we have a higher ceiling for success as our young players get better.Once we reach the playoffs,we should hit are mark.

Remember,one reason Manning chose Denver,we had the best chance to win a superbowl in his opinion,and that speaks volumes.We have the coaching to win it all.

Elway-Manning-Fox-Del Rio

Brady-Belichiek-McDaniels

We have the edge imo.Two Hall of Fame QBs putting their minds together to win a superbowl is awesome.

Comment

That is the reason why most teams lose to them. They are exactly like the NY Yankees. Teams go out there believing that they have to play a perfect game and run their game plan at 1000 times the speed in order to outscore them 40-0. This makes their opponents make more mistakes than anything. All you have to do is go after Tom brady all day long, you have to frustrate him. Just keep him off the field and make it a slow scoring game. Beat up the defence with a mean running game and later attack with the pass. I think we have a big advantage and that is Peyton Manning's experience. He certainly is not scared of the Pats and he will transmit this same thing to the other players. it wont be easy but all we have to do is play our game and not make MISTAKES, we can`t play how NE dictates it.
                    If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong...

Comment

Was, but we are just as solid at this point. To be honest, i was scared of most good teams the previous decade, but now I fear no one.
                      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

We were one McGahee fumble away from taking the lead on the Pats, don't forget that. And we are a far better team as a whole since that time.
                        2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                          Fear isn't really the word I'd use to describe my feelings toward the Patriots. Lets see... What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes, hate, pure unfiltered, unadulterated hate. I can't stand the lot if 'em. Now that Joshy is there, it maks me hate them even more.

Why do I hate them so? Because they are a perennial contender. They are a great team every flipping year. That means I have to look at Brady's smelly face every time I open a Sports Illustrated or turn on espn. I'm sick of the slobber fest with them.

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect, but I just want to puke every time an announcer or analyst starts waxing poetic about BB and TB. I would love nothing more than punching them in the mouth come playoff time.

Go Broncos!
                          Yeah I'm with you all the way. They are seemingly immune to playing poorly, they take crappy players from other teams and make them into world beaters. Their world beater players and coaches, even their GM go to other teams and are crappy.

Then of course they are from New England. There is nothing more annoying than Bostonians. Brady is just your classic villain it's almost too perfect. I don't know if its just me bit he always seems so smug. Like I'd rather him just come out and say "you all suck. THE NFL IS MY _____" Because you know he's thinking it.

That said I love to hate them. They make the league more interesting for sure.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gsus17 View Post
                            The reason why most teams lose to them. They are exactly like the NY Yankees. Teams go out there believing that they have to play a perfect game and run their game plan at 1000 times the speed in order to outscore them 40-0. This makes their opponents make more mistakes than anything. All you have to do is go after Tom brady all day long, you have to frustrate him. Just keep him off the field and make it a slow scoring game. Beat up the defence with a mean running game and later attack with the pass. I think we have a big advantage and that is Peyton Manning's experience. He certainly is not scared of the Pats and he will transmit this same thing to the other players. it wont be easy but all we have to do is play our game and not make MISTAKES, we can`t play how NE dictates it.
                            Wait, if all we have to do is beat Brady how did they run for 251 against us? If all we have to do is run, how do we do that with the 20th ranked running offense? If all we have to do is limit mistakes, how do we do that against a team with the best TO differential in football?

Sounds like all we have to do to beat the Patriots is to BE the Patriots. Easy peazzy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                              We were one McGahee fumble away from taking the lead on the Pats, don't forget that. And we are a far better team as a whole since that time.

I'm so sick of reading this.

The Pats thoroughly dominated the Broncos. The final score wasn't nearly indicative of how the game actually went.

They've dominated us, an every team just about...so they will certianly be a test of how good this team really is.

They just have so many more weapons...

X

PS - Oh yeah, and we don't have McGahee.

Comment

I have watched these boards for years and this is my first post. I live in Boston now but am a tried and true Broncos fan. Just heard on the radio that the only team the announcers said they are afraid of is the Denver Broncos...they think we are the only team that can beat the Pats. I was very excited to hear that.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X