No announcement yet.

Poll: Are you scared of the Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everyone should be sacred of NE. Those of you who say you aren't are not being very realistic. Yes, I think we could beat them. However, they have proven that they are the class of the AFC year in and year out for a long time now. Like it or not, they THE team to beat in the AFC.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
      im not scared of them but if they beat up the 49ers ill be very concerned w/ them...if or when we play them again itll have to be almost perfect esp. on offense...
      I think we could beat up on the 49ers, so that won't be a as huge of a benchmark as Houston, and Houston has been overrated anyways, coming from a Houstonian.

We handled San Fran's first team in the preseason. Not that it means that much, but we're on another level as a team compared to then. Also, Houston's defense is playing like they did back in 07 minus JJ Watt, who has been good.
      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I have watched these boards for years and this is my first post. I live in Boston now but am a tried and true Broncos fan. Just heard on the radio that the only team the announcers said they are afraid of is the Denver Broncos...they think we are the only team that can beat the Pats. I was very excited to hear that.
        There's so much truth in this it isn't funny. Truth be told, I don't think another team is on our level besides New England, and Charlie Casserly agreed, saying we're tier one and Baltimore/Houston are tier two. He then said we are ahead of New England because our defense has formed nicely to compliment the offense.

No team scares me besides New England, AFC or NFC.
        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
          I don't see how one player made that big of a difference. I'm not buying that they aren't good, they are just high risk, high reward, like the Broncos D under Coyer.

I dont think we are stout enough upfront to either apply pressure or stop the Pats running game. If we can't do that we will get beaten with play action. I would give the Ravens a better shot, since they actually beat the Pats and they have the tools needed on both sides.

Offensively I don't see an answer for Wilfork. Plus, we are the anti-Patriots. We don't have a run game and we dont have the playmakers they do.
          Agree with just about everything you have stated in this threat. People who think NE runs a gimmick offense that is easy to stop are as high as a kite. NE has been a playoff/ superbowl contender for the last 10 years and winning 3 and going to 5 is a heck of an achievement. I think this is there best team next to the 07' team. I actually think this team might be better, they have a very good running game and they are still putting up gaudy numbers and that has been without arguably their best weapon in Gronk.

Does anyone remember that BB game plans to take away your best weapon on each side. Von does not have a great history against NE bc they will run at him and throw the quick pass therefore negating his pass rushing ability. The only way to beat NE is to get pressure rushing 4 and hope that the rest of the defense doesn't bust the coverage. Until I see our backers play consistently strong against te's then I will have doubts. We will be relying on Von, Brooking, and Woody to cover two of the best te's in the game, not to mention Welker. It isnt as simple as putting Champ on Gronk, Harris on Welker and Carter on Lloyd. Their offense will dictate match ups and Brady is as good as any qb in history as beating blitzes and man coverage. This is all without mentioning how well their defense has been coming together as of late. How are we going to stop Wilfork with our interior. Chandler Jones and Ninkovich have also been very good at applying pressure to the qb.

Do I think we can beat them? Yes. Do I think they will be the toughest match up including the Super Bowl? Yes. As a fan it is hard to say bc I have been a Bronco fan since the day I was born but I think they beat us 6,7 out of 10. It is blind NE hate and jealousy to think they are easily beatable.
          Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
          Supporting this staff!
          Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Not scared of NE. The Patriots deserve a lot of respect for what they have accomplished but they are not unbeatable.

If I were the Broncos staff I would start dissecting the NE/Hou game. There is a lot to learn from that. For significant portions of the game the Houston defense was generating 3 and outs. Brady is going to get his points but with a good game plan on defense we can stay in the game. I'd like to see more gambling from the corners jumping routes if it appears NE is employing a lot of short timing pass plays to avoid pressure from VonDoom.

We saw the best of the NE defense against Houston. That is how they will try to stop the Broncos. Peyton will sleep with those game tapes and be ready to take them apart. Develop a bunch of plays to take advantage of those defensive packages. Hide them away until we meet in the playoffs.

Should be an epic game.

Comment

Very scared, I'll be devastated if they stop our Super Bowl run. I hate the patriots so much
              KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                everyone should be sacred of NE. Those of you who say you aren't are not being very realistic. Yes, I think we could beat them. However, they have proven that they are the class of the AFC year in and year out for a long time now. Like it or not, they THE team to beat in the AFC.
                Even if they are the best team right now...why be scared of a football game? Why be scared of a group of entertainers made up of men - players and coaches - no different than any other?

I sincerely doubt the Broncos are afraid of them. No reason to be scared as fans. It's bad for your health.

It's "realistic" to analyze the match ups, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Being scared adds nothing to the realism.

Comment

Very scared of NE because we have trouble with covering tight ends and the Patriots have some of the best in the business. Also the Patriots defense has vastly improved since the last time we played them. If our defense plays lights out I think we have a chance but the Patriots are never a easy win.

Comment

No way...I ain't scurred of nobody!
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

I'm not scared of New England. I know what their record is at home and really it only takes that one game. Any game is winnable, and what better way to win in the playoffs than by knocking out the Patriots?

That's a win for Manning, a win for the Broncos, a win for the fans, and a win for all those sport fans that just hate New England.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

You have to beat the best to be the best. I would rather face them to advance in our Super Bowl mission to know who the better team truly is. Plus, I don't think that the Patriots or their fans have much respect for us as of late. There would be no better feeling than going into Foxborough and beating them in their own house.
                        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

The Patriots are a very well coached, and extremely well discliplined football team. There's no question.

But before we jump the gun, the Baltimore game will answer a lot of questions on how well we play the Patriots, IF it comes to that in the post season.

But from what I saw the other night? Wade Phillips was the same 'ol Wade. He had a hard time making adjustments, and I thought at times the DB's were playing way too soft of coverage. Wade is knowledgable, but he's not a coach that gets FIRED up!

Hernandez and Gronkowski are only human. And the key to beating those two is get aggressive and physical with them off the line. Disrupt their timing and recieving routes.

Also, it will be interesting to see how SF plays against NE on Sunday night. Not to mention that the Indy/Houston game has some major play-off implications...

Comment

i voted "yes". although, i wouldn't say "scared" but it just seems that they are so in tune at the right time, gotta hand it to them.

if i recall correctly, we haven't beaten them (in a meaningful game) since the magical champ int/return. it was special that year. we really dug deep.

no one will expect us to beat them this year if they keep their play up like against houston. but if we do meet, and we can stick around, which we will, i have that same vibe this year as the season has progressed as that celebrated night. man, what a game.

Comment

The one thing I think we need to do is Jam all the receivers and Te's at the LOS. You cannot allow Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and Lloyd to have a free release and go right into their route. We have the best tandem of corners we have had in a long time and Moore has been very solid this year at FS. Jamming at the line allows for just a split second of hesitation from Brady and disrupts the routes. It also buys the Dline just a bit more time to make a move at Brady. I really hope we don't play 7 yards off and in a soft shell, we will get picked apart and killed.
                              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                              Supporting this staff!
                              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by swess93 View Post
                                One thing I think will help us come playoff time is that we have faced nearly every playoff team in the AFC. Peyton has seen these teams before and he has had success against them all at least somewhat. By the time the playoffs are here we will have faced Houston, New England, Baltimore, Cincy, and Pittsburgh who all could be playoff teams. The only playoff team we haven't seen is the Colts. Not to mention we have also already seen the Falcons if we happen to meet in the Super Bowl by any chance. I think this really helps us with Peyton knowing how to study and exploit defenses. New England does look good now though but I'm not worried I believe the Patriots are worrying about us just as much as we have to worry about them. You always worry about the team other than yours that looks the best which to us is the Patriots and to them is probably us right now. No reason to worry though.
                                I'll tell you what. we lost to the pATS AND texans. I think for our psyche we need to beat the ravens this week. we need to beat one of the better teams in the AFC going into the playoffs from a confidence standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X