Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Are you scared of the Patriots?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
    The one thing I think we need to do is Jam all the receivers and Te's at the LOS. You cannot allow Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and Lloyd to have a free release and go right into their route. We have the best tandem of corners we have had in a long time and Moore has been very solid this year at FS. Jamming at the line allows for just a split second of hesitation from Brady and disrupts the routes. It also buys the Dline just a bit more time to make a move at Brady. I really hope we don't play 7 yards off and in a soft shell, we will get picked apart and killed.
    What about the run? You have to close the gaps up front and win with the front 7. Plus we absolutely don't want LBs covering deep passes to Gronk on PA passes.

    I would consider 2-gap up front, cover 3 to bring up a box safety or robber zone and rely on the line to disrupt the short pass. Sprinkle in pressure right up the middle. Straight man across the board is asking for trouble, especially with the talent they have at the skill positions.
    Last edited by Lomax; 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
      If we want to be the best team we have to beat the best teams. We could end up a 13-3 record with what many thought was the hardest schedule in the league. The Patriots had the easiest (like the do ALL THE TIME).
      You think the Broncos had the hardest schedule? You think the Patriots had the easiest schedule?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by cityofchamps View Post
        You think the Broncos had the hardest schedule? You think the Patriots had the easiest schedule?
        Have you compared the two? If so, which do you think is easier/harder?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #79
          Am I scared of NE?

          Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          This was posted on the Mane...

          I'm not scared, but i'm not sure we could beat them at NE...

          Just pose so many matchup problems on defense.
          I think I could take Woodhead on, the rest I'd be scared of probably. Should the Broncos be scared? Hell no..

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Skylan View Post
            I think I could take Woodhead on, the rest I'd be scared of probably. Should the Broncos be scared? Hell no..
            Maybe they should sub you in on 3rd and 17?
            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Have you compared the two? If so, which do you think is easier/harder?
              I would say the Patriots is bit harder because of the Texans and 49ers back to back, the Seahawks, the Colts, Ravens when they were healthy. Both the Pats and Broncos play in crappy divisions. Rest of the AFC East is 16-23, AFC West 10-29. The Broncos did have to play the Texans, Falcons, and Steelers. To say the Patriots is easy and the Broncos is hard doesn't seem fair if anything they're close to the same.

              Comment


              • #82
                Our broncos are the best team besides the 49ers to beat the patriots. We played them early in the year, out of sync, and in new england. Turnovers cost us the game. I think the game would be close and down to the wire but the broncos would win 28-24 with Tom Brady throwing an Int at the Broncos 33 yard line in the AFC Championship Game.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Pretty sure the Patriots lost to the Arizona Cardinals....In Foxboro...this year and The Seahawks and the Ravens.....on the road.

                  LOL....the Cardinals!!!

                  Not Afraid. Not in the least. And since the Broncos have Peyton Manning, you should not beeither.....Enjoy the ride.

                  BTW.....I work with some of the biggest Pats Fans ever....and they do NOT want to play ANY Manning....ever.....in playoffs or SB.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Yes.. If we face them in the playoffs the broncos will lose even if its in denver.

                    All the blowouts in recent years won't help me think differently
                    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I didn't vote in this poll either, a la Lomax. It really isn't that simple of an answer, yes or no. Scared? No. Justifiably respectful? Yes.

                      The Patriots pretty much proved to the entire NFL that they are serious contenders for another championship, and unless something miraculous happens, the road to the Super Bowl goes through New England.

                      That being said, do the Broncos have a chance? OF COURSE!!! Any Given Sunday! When we meet the Patriots, it'll be the Cold War all over again.... U.S. vs. THEM.
                      sigpic
                      2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I would look forward to a rematch of the Broncos with the Patriots in the playoffs because there is a lot of motivation among the players and the coaches to beat them regardless of the venue. I think they would welcome a rematch.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by cityofchamps View Post
                          I would say the Patriots is bit harder because of the Texans and 49ers back to back, the Seahawks, the Colts, Ravens when they were healthy. Both the Pats and Broncos play in crappy divisions. Rest of the AFC East is 16-23, AFC West 10-29. The Broncos did have to play the Texans, Falcons, and Steelers. To say the Patriots is easy and the Broncos is hard doesn't seem fair if anything they're close to the same.
                          The Broncos had the #2 hardest schedule this year behind the Giants....for whatever reason,the Patriots somehow gets one of the easiest schedule in the league.....

                          Next year schedule is going to brutal also because we gotta play the AFC South and NFC East,along with playing New England and the winner of the AFC North ...That's atleast 5 playoff teams this season,we have to play next season...
                          I support Kaepernick 100%

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                            The Broncos had the #2 hardest schedule this year behind the Giants....for whatever reason,the Patriots somehow gets one of the easiest schedule in the league.....
                            Uhhh are you talking about pre-season predictions? Because going by opponents records now the Patriots definitely isn't the easiest and the Broncos definitely isn't the hardest. Patriots played Broncos, Texans, 49ers, Colts, Ravens, and Seahawks. Broncos played Texans, Falcons, Ravens, and Patriots.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by cityofchamps View Post
                              Uhhh are you talking about pre-season predictions? Because going by opponents records now the Patriots definitely isn't the easiest and the Broncos definitely isn't the hardest. Patriots played Broncos, Texans, 49ers, Colts, Ravens, and Seahawks. Broncos played Texans, Falcons, Ravens, and Patriots.
                              Plus 6 games in the AFCW. Like taking candy from a baby.
                              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                                Plus 6 games in the AFCW. Like taking candy from a baby.
                                It was this year.

                                Not scared of the Patriots. Maybe I should be. I do respect them. Certainly would be nice to get them at home. Doesn't look real probable.
                                sigpic

                                Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X