X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all.

Come at me bro.

Comment

I think we're capable of beating anyone in the league, including the Patriots, if we play to our full potential on Sundays. So no, I'm not scared. But I certainly wouldn't look forward to the matchup and I wouldn't place money on the outcome.
      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Nope.

1.Our defense is playing way better than we played them last time.
        2. Mcgahee dropped a pass and fumbled in red zone. 2 costly turnovers.
        3. Inspite of that, the game was close.

Error free, no turnover game, we are winning. I actually want to go to NE and beat them. No better way to get to SB than that.

Its actually the other way around. They are scared of us.

Comment

Can't believe how many people voted yes!!! If anything be scared that McGahee may be back and Fox will be compelled to play him and he fumbles the game away again. Or that Decker takes a knee, lol!! Buth there is nothing to be afraid of the Pats about.

Is the fear about the silly scores they put up on suspect defenses? How'd they do against Hags?

Last edited by flosstein; 12-14-2012, 09:11 AM.
          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
            Nope.

1.Our defence is playing way better than we played them last time.
            2. Mcgahee dropped a pass and fumbled in red zone. 2 costly turnovers.
            3. Inspite of that, the game was close.

Error free, no turnover game, we are winning. I actually want to go to NE and beat them. No better way to get to SB than that.

Its actually the other way around. They are scared of us.
            1. We haven't played an offense as good as the Pats. Hard to do since that is as good as there is in the league.
            2. There are two sides to every turnover. The Pats dont lead the league in TO differential by accident.
            3. 10 points is not close
            Last edited by Lomax; 12-14-2012, 09:51 AM.
            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
              1. We haven't played an offense as good as the Pats. Hard to do since that is as good as there is in the league.
              2. There are two sides to every turnover. The Pats dont lead the league in TO differential by accident.
              3. 10 points is not close
              The turnovers weren't exactly forced in feel, and the tendency of McGahee to goof has been confirmed throughout the season.

10 points is close, when it came down to a very few, hand-selected plays that made such a difference. Especially given that Manning has scored 17-21 points with less than 5 minutes remaining on 3 separate occasions.

The defense has gotten decidedly better, as they were playing bad even before they played the Patriots. Do you really think the Patriots will rush for 250 yards again and get 35 first downs? Seeing as how they haven't done that in any other game this year, I doubt they do it to what has become one of the league's best defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                The turnovers weren't exactly forced in feel, and the tendency of McGahee to goof has been confirmed throughout the season.

10 points is close, when it came down to a very few, hand-selected plays that made such a difference. Especially given that Manning has scored 17-21 points with less than 5 minutes remaining on 3 separate occasions.

The defense has gotten decidedly better, as they were playing bad even before they played the Patriots. Do you really think the Patriots will rush for 250 yards again and get 35 first downs? Seeing as how they haven't done that in any other game this year, I doubt they do it to what has become one of the league's best defenses.
                What do you mean, they weren't forced "in feel"? Either they were or they weren't. McGahee has been careless with the ball but it takes good defense to take advantage of that. It's not like he just dropped the ball without being touched, like DT.

A two-score game is just that. Its not a 3-point game. It's not a close game because you've come back in the past. We came back from 24 down. Does that mean a 20 point loss to some other team would be close? No. You get beat by 10, it's not close.

And whether they do it exactly the same way is not the point. The point is, if they can dominate our line and keep us from subbing, they will own us with the run, or with play-action, and that will completely neutralize the pass rush.
                Last edited by Lomax; 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I'm only afraid of them in NE. Brady won't be able to run his hurry-up in Denver... will be too loud. We beat them handily in Denver.
                  Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                    What do you mean, they weren't forced "in feel"? Either they were or they weren't. McGahee has been careless with the ball but it takes good defense to take advantage of that. It's not like he just dropped the ball without being touched, like DT.

A two-score game is just that. Its not a 3-point game. It's not a close game because you've come back in the past. We came back from 24 down. Does that mean a 20 point loss to some other team would be close? No. You get beat by 10, it's not close.

And whether they do it exactly the same way is not the point. The point is, if they can dominate our line and keep us from subbing, they will own us with the run, or with play-action, and that will completely neutralize the pass rush.
                    McGahee showed a tendency to fumble out of nowhere. Carolina forced 2, and their D is middle of the pack. New Orleans forced one and their defense is on par with most college teams. 3 of McGahee's 4 fumbles lost have come in games the Broncos have won, but they were still costly, and required barely a poke. The Patriots player almost accidentally touched the ball and it came out. That's what I meant by "feel".

It is close. 10 points is nothing in the NFL. 10 points is really nothing for an average QB, let alone the best. 20 points is different, because that's two more scores than 10 in most cases. I cited the examples of Peyton scoring in a hurry to show that 10 points is an extremely close margin in the NFL. Even Terrible Tim lead comebacks. Manning's done it more than anyone in history. I don't worry about a deficit for Manning unless it's 20+ with 5 minutes or less. New England's defense wasn't exactly stopping Peyton by that point either. Drops and fumbles by players who weren't sure-handed made the entire difference despite what the Pats offense was doing.

Other than the way they did it, there's no way for New England to dominate the line. Especially since Denver has gone from 26th against the run to 6th. From 19th against the pass to 7th. They've improved in all areas - most importantly Special Teams where they almost always dominate the field position game. New England tries to neutralize the Giants pass rush the same way and what happens every time? They get dominated by the front 4. It comes down to coaching and execution. Denver's front 4 is good enough to generate pressure now that they get JDR's system. Brady won't have Gronk to play safety valve over the middle, and Denver will be able to pressure those targets just enough to buy an extra second and get to the QB.

The Patriots are playing great right now, but they barely beat the Broncos before, and haven't improved leaps and bounds in any category. Denver is playing better now, and is playing leaps and bounds better.

There's no reason as a fan to fear a team. If they do fear a team, they need to stop watching because it's just entertainment and it will be bad for their health.

What's more, even if the Patriots do defeat the Broncos in the post-season, that STILL doesn't justify fear. Fear by fans isn't going to change the outcome of the game, and thus it serves no purpose. It only affects a person's heart rate.

You're basically trying to argue that we should fear them for some reason. Though "reason" clearly has nothing to do with it. If you haven't noticed, "No" is dominating this poll. If you polled all 53 guys in that Broncos locker room, you'd get 53 "no" answers.
                    Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Sure.

High and tight and cover up is the way to ball security.

Ten points is two sores and a game plagued by three turnovers was very winnable.

The only thing I've seen requiring an answer is New England's quick line up/quck snap.

IMO the Patriots' players and coaches are more concerned about a possible rematch than are the Broncos'.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        lol...................
                        Sorry I don't believe in being weak. Fear is a choice, and I reject it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FooserX View Post
                          I'm so sick of reading this.

The Pats thoroughly dominated the Broncos. The final score wasn't nearly indicative of how the game actually went.

They've dominated us, an every team just about...so they will certianly be a test of how good this team really is.

They just have so many more weapons...

X

PS - Oh yeah, and we don't have McGahee.
                          You're sick of facts? Don't read them then. McGahee lost us the Pats game. Wiout his two turnovers inside the Patriots 20, we win that game easily.

Of course we don't have McGahee, we have someone who has been playing than he. So, good.

Comment

• I voted yes. Belichek seems to have something up his sleeve every time we face them almost. The last time it was that super fast paced no huddle offense. Brady is great, but this year they've even added a running game that complements and takes away the pressure from the passing game. They've actually won several ballgames this year by primarily running the football. (I should know because I had Tom as my starter in FF and he really has been just average with the exception of one or two games. Oh, and don't cuss me over that, my son got to pick before me and he took Peyton).

Their defense isn't spectacular, but they do have a way of generating turnovers, so that is worrisome as well.

I "believe" we can beat them. Without question though, we would need to bring our "A" game, and hope they weren't playing theirs as well. I think we are better in all three phases of the game overall than they are, and special teams may very well be the difference maker! Go Broncos

Comment

• This is a different team that what Peyton had in Indy. I think the Bronco D is much better. I had much more confidence in Marvin and reggie but DT has really stepped up. I didn't like him dropping all those balls but he's really improved. His size makes him dangerous. I think the Bronco's have a legitimate chance to go all the way.

Comment

• I'm terrified. I've watched them all year. They want that SB badly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X