Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVP: Peyton Manning Vs Tom Brady? How about no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Manning vs. AP:

Put AP on this Broncos squad instead of Manning and we're still 8-8.

"Value" in the NFL is defined as the ability to make plays, raise the play of others, but also--and most importantly--winning. The Vikings still won't make the playoffs despite his, granted, incredible efforts.

Comment

• Has anyone ever won mvp for different teams? Has anyone ever won mvp and cpoy in same year? This mvp would be truly historic and I would love to see manning get it !!

Comment

• I see a lot of bring up injuries while talking about MVP. Which is irrelevant. Those stories are for comeback of the year. I honestly think AP gets overhyped FOR MVP because he runs on that same knee. But Mannings neck has nothing to do with MVP either.

To win the dance, teams have 1 great QB.
        Giants 3 man rotation.
        Pats don't rotate Brady.
        GB, who was their rb again?

I'm taking nothing away from how great AP has ran. Its potentially the best season rver by a RB, but this is truly between Manning and Brady. Its a QB game.

--- Paired with a HoF QB in Brett Farve the Vikings got the closest they have been to a SB. So a elite QB is even the Vikings MVP if they can get one, not AP.

Comment

• Why don't we just have MVQB and MVnQB awards then? Seems silly to call it MVP and by virtue of the fact that QBs touch the ball on every play, they are the only ones who can win it.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
            Why don't we just have MVQB and MVnQB awards then? Seems silly to call it MVP and by virtue of the fact that QBs touch the ball on every play, they are the only ones who can win it.
            Honestly I think you just answered your own question about value of QBs. AP IS the offense and almost touches the ball every play. He can't carry a team to win it ALL and he is close to the best there ever was. Its position value. Clearly, getting QB talent trumps Rb. Records are bice but I bet he would say the ring would be better.

Comment

Why don't we just have MVQB and MVnQB awards then? Seems silly to call it MVP and by virtue of the fact that QBs touch the ball on every play, they are the only ones who can win it.
              Nobody with any sense is going to argue that Christian Ponder is the MVP of the Vikings. We all know it's Peterson.

The question becomes, " is Peterson more valuable to the Vikings than Manning is to the Broncos?", if that's the criteria a voter uses to select an MVP. Otherwise, the question becomes, " is what Peterson is doing for the Vikings more impressive than what Manning is doing for the Broncos?".

I think it's a hard thing to decide because neither team would be where it is without it's respective player in question. The Vikings would be cellar dwellers instead of in the playoff hunt and the Broncos, at best, would be a mediocre team still trying to scratch and claw its way to winning a bad division.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

You have to have a defense, though. They can win it, too.

Also, remember that Elway didn't win a SB until he had a team around him. And, for as great as he has been, Manning only has ONE RING!!! He didn't have a good D around him until now.

Comment

• I've said this a couple of times now in various threads, but it all depends on whether you're going to approach the MVP award with some perspective on what position these guys play and how "valuable" they've managed to be within their oft-limited sphere of influence. Peterson, as a running back, has elevated his team from (presumably) the basement of their division to playoff contention. Peyton has, as a quarterback, elevated his team from (presumably) barely-playoff standard to Super Bowl hopefuls. Both have taken their team up a level; I'm just impressed AP has done it from the RB position.
                  sigpic
                  - ★ -
                  2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• Originally posted by Sync View Post
                    I've said this a couple of times now in various threads, but it all depends on whether you're going to approach the MVP award with some perspective on what position these guys play and how "valuable" they've managed to be within their oft-limited sphere of influence. Peterson, as a running back, has elevated his team from (presumably) the basement of their division to playoff contention. Peyton has, as a quarterback, elevated his team from (presumably) barely-playoff standard to Super Bowl hopefuls. Both have taken their team up a level; I'm just impressed AP has done it from the RB position.
                    If you take AP out of the Vikings, insert Manning or Brady. What happens? At least playoffs, possibly div championship? I keep seeing team but its league MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
                      If you take AP out of the Vikings, insert Manning or Brady. What happens? At least playoffs, possibly div championship?
                      I'm not sure you understood what I was getting at in my post.

sigpic
                      - ★ -
                      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                      X