Bad year overall for the AFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad year overall for the AFC

The Patriots are great, the Texans are good, the Broncos are decent and the Ravens aren't quite decent. What happened to the Steelers, the Jets, the Titans, the Chargers, the Chiefs, the Bengals? No holdout, rookie salary cap... what is it? Replacement refs?

I don't know, but I think the top 3 teams in the AFC are better than the top 3 teams in the NFC right now even if the NFC is deeper than the AFC

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
      The Patriots are great, the Texans are good, the Broncos are decent and the Ravens aren't quite decent. What happened to the Steelers, the Jets, the Titans, the Chargers, the Chiefs, the Bengals? No holdout, rookie salary cap... what is it? Replacement refs?
      we are only decent? o_O we are fan freakin' tastic.

Comment

Serious, are you waiting until after sunday to bump us up from only decent? We are up there with the Pats. Will be proven come playoffs...oooohhh i cant wait.
        Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

AFC is miles ahead of the NFC. What teams are there in the NFC that have been consistently good this season?

Comment

The NFL has a lot of parity this year - there really aren't any super dominating teams, just a lot of solid ones. The Patriots and Broncos look the best right now, but Houston, Atlanta, Green Bay, and San Francisco are also really good. Teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, New York (the Giants, of course), and Chicago have a lot of potential, but seem to be under-performing of late. Whereas teams like Seattle, Minnesota, Dallas, Washington, and Indianapolis have over-performed. All in all I'd say the entire league it pretty well balanced.

If you look at the conference-to-conference breakdown I'd say it's pretty equal, but the NFC has better depth down in the 8/9/10/11 range with Dallas, Washington, Tampa Bay, and New Orleans (compared to the Jets, Bills, Chargers, and Dolphins):

NE - GB
            HOU - ATL
            DEN - SF
            BAL - NYG
            IND - SEA
            PIT - CHI
            CIN - MIN
            Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 12-11-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
              The NFL has a lot of parody this year ...
              I was thinking it had a lot of satire.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Haha, there's some big fancy word that I know I was trying for (that actually makes sense), but I think I'm going brain dead from finals

Edit - PARITY! There we go! Bad spelling for the win

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I was thinking it had a lot of satire.
                  Tell me more than just the two of us get that. PLEASE!

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                    Haha, there's some big fancy word that I know I was trying for (that actually makes sense), but I think I'm going brain dead from finals

Edit - PARITY! There we go! Bad spelling for the win
                    You're a good Bro. I'l get back to you. :thumb:
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'm not sure if you're serious. We're 10-3, have the fourth overall offense, fourth overall defense, and we're second in sacks. With Peyton Freakin' Manning.
                      Last edited by BroncoooJohnson; 12-11-2012, 10:27 PM.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I agree somewhat with the OP.

We're not exactly in the Dominant category IMO, We've lost to the Top teams in the NFL in the Pats, Falcons, and the Texans. I understand where we stand now but I don't like to say we're better than a team that's already beaten us until we've proven otherwise. Plus, the AFCW isn't necessarily 'stacked' either. I wouldn't put us in the 'Dominant' category just yet.

We are a really good football team though. I hope we can prove ourselves in the Playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunda View Post
                          I agree somewhat with the OP.

We're not exactly in the Dominant category IMO, We've lost to the Top teams in the NFL in the Pats, Falcons, and the Texans. I understand where we stand now but I don't like to say we're better than a team that's already beaten us until we've proven otherwise. Plus, the AFCW isn't necessarily 'stacked' either. I wouldn't put us in the 'Dominant' category just yet.

We are a really good football team though. I hope we can prove ourselves in the Playoffs.
                          Uh. No. We are the best team in the NFL, dominant in all three phases of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Springs View Post
                            AFC is miles ahead of the NFC.
                            I have to agree. I expected the NFC to be way dominant this year but after starting pretty strong they've given way to the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                              we are only decent? o_O we are fan freakin' tastic.
                              As soon as i read it, Mann-tastic popped into my mind. But yours sounds way better.
                              HE>i

Comment

Working...
                              X