Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• themadfanatic
    replied
    Craziest thing about the article; "he even has a new contract of 5 yrs 6.8 mill to match his status!" My how things have changed today that wouldve been 5 yrs 68 mil!...why have athletes pay and tickets prices gone up 1000% in 15 yrs but the avg yearly income in america hasnt even doubled in that timespan? Smh

Leave a comment:

• swinginhorseman
    replied
    Wow didn't know that! TD seems like he is a great guy. I'm glad I had a chance to meet him at a party couple years ago. Thanked him for helping us bring a superbowl here.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Living well is the best revenge, TD!

Glad things worked out.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. TD is one of my all-time favorites. Really sad to treat him that way. I was watching A Football Life on Marcus Allen the other day and watching how Al Davis treated him. I don't know why people try to use their power to ruin someone's career. TD showed him.

Leave a comment:

• Arch_Angel
    replied
    I personally am against retiring numbers. Its not the number that made the player but thier accomplishments on the field. If Elway had worn #14, he wouldve been just as successful.

Leave a comment:

• MileHighMaven
    replied
    Wowww....I didn't know any of that stuff either. There's a few choice words I'd like to say to Goff right now. I love Terrell Davis and I can't imagine anyone treating him like that. Thanks for sharing the article - it was an eye-opener.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    The history of TD

It's funny, I've read so many articles about Terrell Davis through the years and I thought I knew his story, but I don't think I ever realized why he was drafted in the sixth round. I mean, I knew that he had injuries and didn't do the best at the combine, but I didn't realize that his college coach intentionally sabotaged his career with scouts and mocked him in front of teammates because he assumed that he was soft for not playing injured.

Here is the article from 1996 which I had never read which tells the story.

I've always been a huge fan of TD, so I have no idea how this story escaped me, but somehow it did.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    I live in MA and I completely understand what it's like to live in Bradyland and be a Broncos fan. I hate the Patriots. They are so smug and arrogant. Come on Denver, AFC Champions against the PATS.....

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Pretty cool! I wish I saw more of that in Mass/NY.
    Surrounded by Pats "fans"
    Same here, tis very lonely.
    There is a sprinkling on non pats fans...we are kind of all in the same boat.....lol
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 12-15-2012, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Pretty cool! I wish I saw more of that in Mass/NY.
    Surrounded by Pats "fans"

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Here is an article outling Frank Tripucka allowing his jersey to go Peyton Manning. This article was before we even signed Peyton and it also explains what went into the retirement of Frank Tripucka's number #18.

Regardless to #18.

Leave a comment:

• allthings18
    replied
    Personally, I believe the only reason Manning is wearing 18 is because Tripuka insisted and if Manning had said thanks but no thanks, I'll wear his brother's #10, or his dad's #8 from his Saints days, or Helton's 17, then it would been insulting to Tripuka.

I'm not big on limits. I think each player should be judged on his own merits. Terrell Davis for example, many can argue deserves to be honored in such away but his shorter career would likely limit his qualifications based on various limits.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by one5beast View Post
    I think manning would've went with 16 but tripucka wanted him to wear 18. And when Manning is done playing It will get retired again.
    This. The fact that Manning got a call specifically from the guy who wore #18 and was told it would be an HONOR for him to wear it shows true respect. Manning accepted out of respect for that offer. To turn it down would have been a bit of an insult.

And let's face it: whether fans of Tom Brady want to admit it or not, Peyton Manning will be considered above exceptional; "other" even, when he retires. 18 will become like 23 in the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I could be wrong, but the way I understand it is, Peyton was going to change numbers, but it was Tripuka that contacted Manning and said it would be an honor that Peyton wore his number.
    I did not know that. How classy of the octogenarian.

When I read Frank Leahy's book on the T Formation, I was pleased to see several photos of Frank in it. He quarterbacked the only non-losing season for the Broncos before 1973.

After Frank retired in 1963, Bronco fans were always looking for a decent QB. It took a long time until Charley Johnson showed up in 1972.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It's fun to see video of the Red Miller days and say "Who is that #7 guy throwing such beautiful passes?"

Peyton asked Frank for permission to wear #18 and he said fine. It's all good.
    So, just like #7 kind of covers two guys, #18 will, too.

As for #44, he's special.
    I could be wrong, but the way I understand it is, Peyton was going to change numbers, but it was Tripuka that contacted Manning and said it would be an honor that Peyton wore his number.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X