X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duanimal
    replied
    Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
    There is an owner in the RoF already - Gerald Phipps.

And Randy Gradishar is in the RoF. Has been for years.
    Thank you, I knew he is in the Ring of fame, I want him in the Hall of Fame

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Only players should be in the Ring, imo, so that leaves coaches and owners and Tim McKernan (the Barrel Man) out, as much as I love them.

Randy Gradishar should be in the RoF already.

The only other person on your list which should be in the RoF is still playing so it won't happen for a while: Champ.

Just because we loved people or they were favorites doesn't mean they were important to the success of the franchise.
    I agree with Champ, but I also think Jason Elam and Simon Fletcher are deserving. Also if Manning plays out the majority of his contract and retires with another ring or two it would be hard to justify not adding him.

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    If they played for the team, they were a part of the team.

If a guy played for the Broncos, whether it's 1 year or 20, he is/was a Bronco. By definition, he is/was a Bronco.

If anything, a Free Agent is MORE of a Bronco than someone drafted, because the Free Agent chose to go there. A draft pick doesn't have the same choice.

Since years of service to a team don't count, do the years they were with the Broncos contain achievements worthy of a Ring of Fame? That's all that matters.

In Peyton's case, were he to bring a Super Bowl or two to the Broncos, and break a bunch of records, then he would be a major part of the team's legacy and therefore deserve to go up there. He would be the guy who all but brought some of the greatest memories to the franchise you love.

If any of the guys on that list did that in a short time (or a long time), then they should be on there too.
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-15-2012, 03:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Staying with OP, I would like to see Jason Elam.

Why?
    Spent 15 of his 17 years in the NFL with the Broncos.
    2x SB Champ
    Tied for Longest Field Goal in NFL History
    Most Points Scored by one player for one team in NFL History.

He retired in 2010, so he should be eligible to go in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Here is the article linking the Ring of Fame Roster.

Here is the list for those that don't want to read the article:
    Denver Broncos Ring of Fame roster grew to 23 in 2012

Rod Smith (1994-2007)
    Shannon Sharpe (1990-99, 2002-03)
    Terrell Davis (1995-2002)
    Steve Atwater (1989-98)
    Gary Zimmerman (1993-97)
    Karl Mecklenburg (1983-94)
    Dennis Smith (1981-94)
    John Elway (1983-98) Elway is the only inductee for whom the customary five-year waiting period was waived.
    Louis Wright (1975-86)
    Tom Jackson (1973-86)
    Randy Gradishar (1974-83)
    Craig Morton (1977-82)
    Haven Moses (1972-81)
    Jim Turner (1971-79).
    Bill Thompson (1969-81)
    Frank Tripucka (1960-63)
    Charley Johnson (1972-75)
    Paul Smith (1968-78).
    Gerald H. Phipps the first non-player to have his name placed on the Ring.
    Floyd Little (1967-75) Inaugural Member
    Rich Jackson (1967-72)Inaugural Member
    Lionel Taylor (1960-66) Inaugural Member
    Austin “Goose” Gonsoulin (1960-66)Inaugural Member

Leave a comment:

• 80stheman
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Only players should be in the Ring, imo, so that leaves coaches and owners and Tim McKernan (the Barrel Man) out, as much as I love them.

The only other person on your list which should be in the RoF is still playing so it won't happen for a while: Champ.

Just because we loved people or they were favorites doesn't mean they were important to the success of the franchise.
    There is an owner in the RoF already - Gerald Phipps.

And Randy Gradishar is in the RoF. Has been for years.

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    He spent four years here and was in the Pro Bowl every year, so he in fact was and always will be Denver Bronco. Now if your point is four years is not long enough to be in the Ring of fame that is a valid point, how ever saying he is not a former Bronc that is just plain wrong and inaccurate.
    When people think of John Lynch,they are talking about the guy that played most of his career in Tampa....Im grateful he played at a high level when we was here but at the same time,he's not a Bronco...

If they do put him in the Ring of Fame,they better put the "Three Amigos" in before him,because they deserve it more than him....
    Last edited by assassin216; 12-13-2012, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Simon Fletcher.

He was one of the most underrated pass rushers of his time.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    I want the Three Amigos in the RIng of Fame.....particularly Mark Jackson....he was my favorite one

And why is John Lynch on the list,he will always be a Buccaneer not a Bronco
    He spent four years here and was in the Pro Bowl every year, so he in fact was and always will be Denver Bronco. Now if your point is four years is not long enough to be in the Ring of fame that is a valid point, how ever saying he is not a former Bronc that is just plain wrong and inaccurate.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    You are correct I meant Upchurch

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    The Barrel Man FTW!

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by The Duanimal View Post
    think ROF should be for players only and Lionel Taylor is already in. So from that list maybe Simon Fletcher? Rick Upchurch should be next, though. It is a crime that Randy Gradishar is not in the HOF!
    Why Gradishar wasn't on the list would be Question #1? With that said Eddy Mac took more hits for the team than anyone else on that list in my recent memory. He played with more heart than most teams collectively in some recent (non Broncos) games I've watched in the last few months.

Champ will get his in time and so will many others on this very deserving list. The Barrel man was a notable fan but ROF is a bit of a stretch, Don'tcha think?

Leave a comment:

• The Duanimal
    replied
    think ROF should be for players only and Lionel Taylor is already in. So from that list maybe Simon Fletcher? Rick Upchurch should be next, though. It is a crime that Randy Gradishar is not in the HOF!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Red Miller belongs in the Ring of Fame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X