Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great FO Decision-Making, Winning and Good Chemistry….Not Much Controversy Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great FO Decision-Making, Winning and Good Chemistry….Not Much Controversy Here!

Sure we can still debate, and yes, even argue in the forum these days…..remembering that an argument is not necessarily a bad thing. But we have few real controversies here in Broncoland, and winning cures most everything.

No controversy at the Owner level, because the boss just wants to win, and stay mostly out of the way.

No controversy at The Exec VP level, because the legendary former great QB knows what he is doing and is making things happen.

No controversy at the coaching levels, because they are inspiring the players and coaching them, while instilling a positive atmosphere in the house. And some may expect more from the OC, but he’s perfect for #18, giving him a ton of room……not to mention he found a way to work with #15 last year.

Certainly no QB controversy…….PERIOD.

Not really much controversy from top to bottom of the lineup…..none that I can figure. We are getting a lot out of most of the guys, and we have “undrafted” guys all over this lineup, playing like high round picks!

And as for the winning……well now, 8 in a row ain’t bad! Hard to get all nasty to one another with that kind of a run going on, and to be honest, most of the games we have won have not been too close (although the first half in San Diego was a little worrisome!). And if we win on Sunday, it looks like smooth sailing into the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be a streak to remember!!

So my friends, we may still disagree about one thing or another, and sometimes we won't come to an agreement, but overall it’s been pretty cool here in the ole forum. Thanks for doing your part. And thanks to the Broncos organization for making life so much more fun these days!

Almost forgot, but thanks also to the Mods for refereeing like good refs should.....giving us room to play wherever possible.:thumb:

See......posted this a while ago, and not one fight......

Told you it was all working this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Really has been a fun, stress free(for the most part) season. Heres to 7 (maybe 6) more wins and hopefully a parade!
      Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

I agree with you wholeheartedly Can, and it's ok to say Tim Tebow. Looking forward to this sunday and your 11-3 thread.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!
        HE>i

Comment

Looks like you are going to have a pretty boring radio show if this keeps up.

One thing that I like about all these factors coming together is that it is much easier to exhibit "class" in this environment. (If I could rub anything in the noses of fans of some other teams it would be that!)

I love a lively "debate". However, as confrontational as I can be, I vastly prefer to "add and contribute" rather than confront and expound simply for some ego gratification or to defend some point (to the death) when I know the other side has some valid points as well.

I do not know what happens "behind the scenes". Yet the MODs here not only seem content to let us "patrol our own playground" so to speak, they also feel free to add their own insights with wisdom and humor without having to exhibit some control freak nature.

How about we continue to raise our "class" as we "raise our glasses"?

Happy Holidays!
          Last edited by kevlar441; 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM.
          "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Yes indeed folks....lets hope the winning continues, and I like our chances in that regard.

Kev - I agree about showing class and such. It's so interesting to me how different a conversation here can go, based on the apparent attitude of the respondent. If someone disagrees with me for instance, but says it in a positive way, I'm totally fine. BUT, when someone responds as follows, "that's stupid", well now, I probably won't come away with a very good feeling about that individual. And we can be using the same content, but the discusion goes in two different directions.

But again, we really don't have a lot of obvious "controversies" with our team this year, and we are playing stellar football.....which no doubt helps keep things in good order here.

My suggestion.....whenever we lose again (hopefully not this season), lets try to put in perspective, and appreciate what we've accomplished of late. And regardless, lets go for the classier approach here.

Comment

Does anybody remember John Fox saying we'd be "Winning Championships soon" shortly after hired?

Yea, media, you're the dumb ones
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I called it 13-3 after the Chargers game while everyone was freaking out. I'm loving it. Peyton Manning is hot right now and will be hard to stop and so is this team so I have no worries going into the playoffs. Its been a fabulous season!

Comment

What's better than 8 in a row? 9 in a row!
                  We are going with Plan A

Comment

Actually, I think a huge issue was the 2012 draft. Manning is making up for that, but if we didn't land Peyton, our draft class wasn't going to help us much.

The draft is how you build a team, and we can't afford to miss again. Oz pick was a disaster. Wolfe...good. Travathan...ok...but you gotta land some solid starters, if not stars in the first round or two, and we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FooserX View Post
                      Actually, I think a huge issue was the 2012 draft. Manning is making up for that, but if we didn't land Peyton, our draft class wasn't going to help us much.

The draft is how you build a team, and we can't afford to miss again. Oz pick was a disaster. Wolfe...good. Travathan...ok...but you gotta land some solid starters, if not stars in the first round or two, and we didn't.
                      Wolfe has been outstanding for where he is drafted. We don't know that Oz is a disaster. He has not seen the field yet. I am not a fan of the pick granted, but no way anyone can write him off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Preetv View Post
                        I called it 13-3 after the Chargers game while everyone was freaking out. I'm loving it. Peyton Manning is hot right now and will be hard to stop and so is this team so I have no worries going into the playoffs. Its been a fabulous season!
                        Hey P....you make it sound like we're at 13 and 3 already. Did I miss the last 3 games of the season???

Just messin with ya. I hope you are right about the prediction. I'm thinking 12 and 4 at worst......but 13 and 3 will look especially prophetic if we win this Sunday.

:thumb:

Comment

Hey P....you make it sound like we're at 13 and 3 already. Did I miss the last 3 games of the season???

Keep in mind that she is in a different TIME ZONE than you are in up there.

Just messin with ya. I hope you are right about the prediction. I'm thinking 12 and 4 at worst......but 13 and 3 will look especially prophetic if we win this Sunday.

:thumb:
                          I was looking at the AFC and even though 2 division races are decided the "seeding" is still very much "up for grabs". While most of us hope New England loses to San Fran and the Broncos beat Baltimore - the Texans have not won anything more than a playoff spot at this point.

THIS WEEKEND IS HUGE! However, regardless of the outcome, it is unlikely any of these teams will "rest on their laurels" the rest of the way out. 13-3 seems very likely.

Check out each part of this site to see what I base that opinion on:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afc...icnumbers.html

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcsosrg.html

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

I'd trade Fox for Belichick. *runs for cover*

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                              I'd trade Fox for Belichick. *runs for cover*
                              Not really sure where this came from.

Did I miss something?

(are ya trying to start a controversy, which would be kind of counter to the topic here? If so, I would expect that this side subject be dealt with somewhere else....cool?)
                              Last edited by CanDB; 12-15-2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X