What's Your State of Mind Before and During Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your State of Mind Before and During Games

I would love to find out how you all feel before and during games. I can always tell that it is getting closer to game day because my anxiety level kicks in really high. My stomach starts churning and I start to feel really nervous. Then during the game, I'm usually a wreck. I find myself drinking my wine really fast and even starting to smoke. How's that for crazy.

During the game I either watch TV, watch online (live in Boston so don't always get the games), have 850 KOA on, and watch the threads all at the same time. Watching the threads, especially when we aren't doing well, really kicks my anxiety up even more because the boards get nervous too. Then, when we turn it up in the second half, I find myself relaxing just a little but don't completely relax until it's over. If we lose, I'm bummed for a few days. It's ridiculous.

So, how about you all. Are you calm? Are you a wreck like me? How do you feel? I even think if the Broncos play the Pats in the Divisional or AFC, I'm not going to be able to have any football parties like I usually do. I just couldn't handle it. I will need to be alone cause I'd be a wreck.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

At the beginning of the week I'll watch as many highlights of us as we can and then I'll look at our opponent and think of what we have to do to win. Then a day or two before the game I start to feel real confident (well this season anyway). I'll smoke before the game and be real pumped for the opening kickoff. I get excited every time any one of our units whether it's special teams, offense or defense I know they're going to come through in a big way. I'll toss back a few brews and then at halftime I go smoke again and come back and watch us win the game.

Comment

Sounds perfectly normal to me! I look forward to the games but I can't say I enjoy watching them unless we are up by at least 2 scores. I am too much of a nervous Nelly. I also don't like to watch them with other people because that takes my attention away from the game. If we are up by 3 scores in the Superbowl by half time I will enjoy the second half immensely!

Comment

I watch injury reports. I'll catch a show or two that breaks down some of the matchups. I like to check on how the opponent has been performing against whom.

I set the DVR to record. Many probably wouldn't like watching a game with me. I stop before most plays begin to see the formation, defensive front and as much of the coverage as is visible. I play some plays over and over until I can see exactly who did what on each. I hate catching up with live TV; I usually don't. It isn't nearly as hectic as sitting in a stadium with the scout book on your lap; no pausing those plays.

So, I guess you could say I'm analytical punctuated with an occasional shout, imperative (like to the officials, "Blow the whistle!"), hand clap or fist in the air. If the Broncos aren't playing well, I usually say something like, "Oh, this isn't going well."

I usually go back and watch the game again at least once after exchanging ideas with people on this message board just to check and see if we actually watched the same game
        Last edited by samparnell; 12-15-2012, 02:58 PM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Wow, some of you are so analytical. I wish I could be as calm as you. I also record the games when I get them on TV and watch them over and over again.

Comment

Before the game, I'm usually at least hopeful about the Broncos' chances to win.

During the game, it depends on how the Broncos are playing. If they start out sucking, I get frustrated. If they start out strong, I get nervous that they might screw it up.

I shouldn't get so emotionally involved but they are my favorite team.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'M ready for some football...
              sigpic

Comment

Inebriated

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Inebriated
                  Hilarious. I usually wind up that way because I'm tipping the wine glass back so damn fast. Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Hilarious. I usually wind up that way because I'm tipping the wine glass back so damn fast. Go Broncos
                    We need a wine smiley.

Comment

I almost always watch the team that's playing Denver the previous week to at least get a good idea of what to expect. Since the win streak began, I've developed the mindset that if Denver doesn't turn the ball over they'll win the game.

As long as you have Peyton Manning at QB there's nothing to be nervous about IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        I almost always watch the team that's playing Denver the previous week to at least get a good idea of what to expect. Since the win streak began, I've developed the mindset that if Denver doesn't turn the ball over they'll win the game.
                        As long as you have Peyton Manning at QB there's nothing to be nervous about IMO.
                        Actually, in each game of the current streak the Broncos haved turned the ball over. In several games it was more than one.

Comment

I get my mind ready. I mentally go over what the Broncos need to do. For example, I'd think to myself this weekend, the front 7 of our defense needs to stop Ray Rice, or Peyton needs to attack the Ravens' secondary. I usually more specific in my thoughts, but that's a general example. After all the thinking is over, I just try to get as hyped as possible. I'm very excited and PUMPED right before kickoff. During the game, I will yell and celebrate. After the Broncos score a touchdown, I run around my house like a madman!
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

excitement before the game, then typically pure unadulterated rage throughout followed by either happiness or sadness.
                            /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

Comment

Early games I'm up by 6:30. Coffee, breakfast, pacing !!! And a lot of help from 4.20. Go Donks!!! :0)
                              "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X