What's Your State of Mind Before and During Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
    excitement before the game, then typically pure unadulterated rage throughout followed by either happiness or sadness.
    Laughed my head off at this one. Completely understand!!!! Too funny
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
      excitement before the game, then typically pure unadulterated rage throughout followed by either happiness or sadness.
      Laughed my head off at this one. Completely understand!!!! Too funny

Comment

Since getting sober and into recovery 6 1/2 years ago my anxiety during the games has gone WAYYYYY UP lol
        sigpic
        2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Anxiousness before the game...frustration/impatience/disgust/reserved/cautious/terrified until we get a comfortable lead...and finally, relaxed or depressed afterward.

My husband and I typically watch the game in separate rooms because he can't stand my loud, usually negative inability to control my emotions during the game.
          Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

Drunk!!!!!!!

Comment

Before the game I watch all of the pre-game stuff I can, flipping back and forth between all of the networks. I get irate when they barely talk about us, as well as when they talk too much about us. It usually sounds something like "OMG, I can't even *believe* they aren't going to talk about our game! Hello! PFM and Von, people!"" or "OMG! Would they *shut up* about PFM and Von! They're totally going to jinx us!"

During the game I yell at the announcers whenever they say something along the lines of "It's been 10 quarters since the Broncos have had a turnover" or "The Denver defense is excellent against the run" because now they've just jinxed us. I also watch the games with my husband whenever possible and we either enjoy what appears to be a win, or, if the battle goes ill, we ***** about the play calling and the officiating. LOL

After the game, if we win, I watch all of the recaps that I possibly can, so I can hear how great we are. If we lose, I don't watch or listen to anything about football until the next Sunday. LOL
              OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Depends on when the game is. Morning games, my state of mind is: "Oh crap, is it 9:55? I gotta check my fantasy lineup!" Otherwise I'm good.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Nervous tension before the game, after the game it depends if we win or lose. I prefer early games because it gives me times to process it. If we win I am jazzed and take hours to kick down, I am watching highlights and discussion and seeing how he rest of the league did in the standings. IF we lose I am flat out aggravated , frustrated and miserable and again can't rest for hours on end. I get me best rest once he season is over
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shygirl View Post
                    Anxiousness before the game...frustration/impatience/disgust/reserved/cautious/terrified until we get a comfortable lead...and finally, relaxed or depressed afterward.

My husband and I typically watch the game in separate rooms because he can't stand my loud, usually negative inability to control my emotions during the game.
                    My friends don't want to watch games with me anymore because I punch walls, yell because they are letting someone run down the field or are doing something dumb, until of course, they do something brilliant and win.

Comment

I get real excited before kickoff then during the game I curse like a Sailor.....At home I would b Hella Buzzed....!!

Comment

I'm usually very excited before the game and try to read and or view as much about the game as I can prior to kickoff. During the game, I am on an emotional roller coaster. When we are playing well, I'm elated. When we are playing poorly, I am upset. It's a good thing Game Officials can't hear what's coming out of my mouth during most games. I do not mind watching the game with other people. I warn them ahead of time that I go crazy for at least 3 hours every Sunday during football season.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm often nervous until 00:00.

Between the 15:00 and that time, I experience, exuberance, rage, finger biting, etc.
                          Roller Coaster time!
                          sigpic

Comment

Excited. Placed all my bets for tonight, FFs ready, bought a scratchie and didn't win jack squat (as usual). All is well and we're ready to go!
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Before the game I'm just excited, not really nervous and I'm confident that we can always come back and win. The San Diego game at half time I was thinking "what are they doing" but I remember saying were still in this. I eat a lot during the game also.
                              Last edited by JimmyJm; 12-16-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X