Elway=GM of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway=GM of the year

Is manning in the top 5 about the qb in the broncos all fame?

Ciao, signore. Do you mean is Manning one of the best five QBs in Denver Bronco History? It's his first season as a Bronco and that isn't over yet, but yes, I would say so.

There are four quarterbacks in the Denver Bronco Ring of Fame: Frank Tripucka, Charley Johnson, Craig Morton and John Elway. It seems likely that Peyton Manning will join them at some point after his playing career is over.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The guy is the GOAT, enough said

Comment

Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
        The guy is the GOAT, enough said
        I think he might well be the GOAT. However, I find it odd that there have been many threads/posts on here over the years arguing forcefully for Elway to be considered the GOAT over Marino, Montana, Manning etc. Now that several here have crowned Manning there have been no arguments to the contrary. I guess it helps that Peyton plays for Denver, huh!

Comment

By the way, when these guys say GOAT, it's an acronym for Greatest Of All Time.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Some could try to differentiate what makes a great [insert team name]; whether it's years of service, achievements, records, etc.

Peyton Manning is the best QB to wear a Broncos uniform, which is a slightly statement.

Comment

Yes IMO easily the best qb to ever wear the orange and blue. Pretty crazy because 7 was a beast also.

Comment

I think he will undeniably be the GOAT if we win the SB this year. To swap teams and then promptly play at an MVP level, for a QB, is an incredible feat. It only took him about 4 games to get cranked up. Ever since, he's been playing better than anyone. He's just a hair off leading the league in passer rating. He leads ESPN's total quarterback ranking system. And all that with those early games where he was shaking off the rust of a full year out of the game and adjusting to new receivers and a new system. Amazing.

He would be the only QB in history to win a SB on two different teams. I think he can do it. Or should I say, I think this TEAM can do it.
                Last edited by Steamboat7; 12-15-2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Well it's a little early. The great ones make their mark in the postseason. I think certainly if he wins a SB this year or next that would have to be the case. Right now he's in the mix with a lot of great ones, but none have taken two teams to the big dance and won it with both.
                  "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Unless he wins two superbowls (prefferably back to back) he'll still be second fiddle to the greatest Broncos qb Elway.

sigpic

Comment

Manning is in the conversation about being the GOAT. It all depends on your criteria for that.
                      If you look at SBs. Well Montana and Bradshaw won 4 each. Marino didn't win any but is among the best. Manning is an All time great, among the best. To each their own as far as rankings go.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Elway=GM of the year

Peyton Manning may win the MVP.
                        Von Miller may win the DPOY.
                        But John Elway? GM of the year, no doubt. Thats all I have to say about that.

Comment

Executive of the year. He's not a GM. I agree, though
                          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Do we actually have an "official" GM? But you are right, thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmohar View Post
                              Do we actually have an "official" GM? But you are right, thanks for the correction.
                              Nope, we fired Xanders after the draft because he was truly irrelevant.

About Elway, though, he is our team's savior. We were 4-12, with the worst D in the league and Tebow/Orton leading us. He started by signing Champ, drafted Von, Rahim, and Orlando, brought us Peyton, and we're now Super Bowl contenders.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                              X