Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the second seed Broncos Fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love when the Patriot fans bring up we have a cupcake schedule so it is a reason as to why we aren't good. Remind me who have the Patriots played that is better?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
      I love when the Patriot fans bring up we have a cupcake schedule so it is a reason as to why we aren't good. Remind me who have the Patriots played that is better?
      Patriots vs teams currently .500 or better:
      @ Baltimore (9-5): L
      Denver (11-3): W
      @ Seattle (9-5): L
      Indianapolis (9-5): W
      Houston (11-2): W
      San Francisco (10-3-1): L
      Record vs teams .500 or better: 3-3. They also own two wins against the Jets, who could reach .500 tomorrow and could also finish with a winning record. Of the other teams they have beaten, St. Louis and Miami could still finish .500.

Broncos vs teams .500 or better:
      Pittsburgh (7-7): W
      @ Atlanta (11-2): L
      Houston (11-2): L
      @ New England: L
      @ Cincinnati (8-6): W
      @Baltimore (9-5): W
      Record vs teams .500 or better: 3-3. Of the other teams we have beaten, Tampa and New Orleans could still finish .500.

The fact remains that we have lost to the three best teams we have played this season. The Patriots have a better strength of schedule and a better strength of victory. It's pretty clear that they have better wins: they have beaten us and Houston (which also beat us).

Not that it matters, because I am predicting a Broncos Super Bowl win. But it isn't exactly controversial to say we have played an easier schedule. The worst team in their division (the Bills) has the same record as the second best team in our division (Chargers) at 5-9.
      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
        Justin Smith generates a lot of push in the middle that helps with sacks for others. He was gone the entire second half, and that was a primary reason the Pats got back in the game.
        Yep. IMO the way to rush Brady is up the middle with your interior line. That's not really the strength of this defense. Also, this is the Gronk-less Patriots. When Gronk gets back they will have a major component to their game that the 49ers didn't have to deal with. I think it's still a tough game but if we win out, I would give us about a 50/50 chance to beat the Pats in Denver where I would give us about a 20% chance in NE.

The bye and HFA was a massive gift from NE today. Home field for Manning has been enormous throughout his career (especially since he doesn't have Pittsburgh or SD to deal with). And if Houston were to slip, we could play right through the AFC Championship game at home.
        Last edited by Lomax; 12-17-2012, 12:17 AM.
        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
          Did you catch THIS post?

"What about trying to get the 4th seed and avoid playing at Mile High?

(I thought I was going to die when I read that one.)

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Patriots vs teams currently .500 or better:
            @ Baltimore (9-5): L
            Denver (11-3): W
            @ Seattle (9-5): L
            Indianapolis (9-5): W
            Houston (11-2): W
            San Francisco (10-3-1): L
            Record vs teams .500 or better: 3-3. They also own two wins against the Jets, who could reach .500 tomorrow and could also finish with a winning record. Of the other teams they have beaten, St. Louis and Miami could still finish .500.

Broncos vs teams .500 or better:
            Pittsburgh (7-7): W
            @ Atlanta (11-2): L
            Houston (11-2): L
            @ New England: L
            @ Cincinnati (8-6): W
            @Baltimore (9-5): W
            Record vs teams .500 or better: 3-3. Of the other teams we have beaten, Tampa and New Orleans could still finish .500.

The fact remains that we have lost to the three best teams we have played this season. The Patriots have a better strength of schedule and a better strength of victory. It's pretty clear that they have better wins: they have beaten us and Houston (which also beat us).

Not that it matters, because I am predicting a Broncos Super Bowl win. But it isn't exactly controversial to say we have played an easier schedule. The worst team in their division (the Bills) has the same record as the second best team in our division (Chargers) at 5-9.
            I didn't say anything about wins, I said who have they played? They have had just as cupcake of a schedule and yes while their division is better, it still isn't anything to write about. Denver would destroy those teams as well. Also, that Indy win isn't too impressive to me, Indy isn't all that great and have benefitted from that last place schedule as well as getting to beat the Jags and Titans twice. They seemed to have lost against some of the better teams as well, not to mention an Arizona team that pretty much sucks. The common theme: All those teams have good defenses. Our defense is also much more improved and can prove to be a challenge to the Patriots the second time around, plus we have a better offense than those teams. There schedule isn't anything to write about, nor there wins.

Comment

I just hope we don't let go of the 2nd seed, and I hope Indy beats the Patriots, then we host the Colts at home. How awesome would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by broncosking209 View Post
                Still gotta finish off our job. We should win but keep in mind no one thought SF would beat NE
                As fans, let just enjoy it. We know PFM will not over look anyone (or let the team over look), we might as well.

Comment

I would have bet my next paycheck that the Pats were going to come back and win that game. Glad I didn't!

#2 seed _should_ be a lock now...
                  Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
                    I would have bet my next paycheck that the Pats were going to come back and win that game. Glad I didn't!

#2 seed _should_ be a lock now...
                    I'm glad you didn't,because i bet my paycheck and won

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                      Did you catch THIS post?

"What about trying to get the 4th seed and avoid playing at Mile High?

(I thought I was going to die when I read that one.)

I did. Quite a few over there are just as afraid of us as some here are of them.

Somewhere, I can understand why. I think both teams are the class of the entire league (despite the NE loss yesterday) and the team with home-field will win a potential playoff match up.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Today is a good day!
                        I will always be a Bronco fan--->

But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

Comment

Let's just hope they can hold on to the 2nd seed.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            Let's just hope they can hold on to the 2nd seed.
                            If we cant hold on against the Browns and Chiefs, I have serious doubts about us going inot the playoffs. But, that wont be a problem. Looking at the playoffs and how they will shake out, I know its early but this is what the seeds may look like:

1 HOU
                            2 DEN

3 NE
                            4 BAL
                            5 IND
                            6 PIT/CIN

WC
                            PIT/CIN loses to NE
                            BAL beats IND

DIV
                            BAL vs HOU
                            NE vs DEN

If we get lucky and someone knocks off Houston, we might get 2 home playoff games this year!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                              If we cant hold on against the Browns and Chiefs, I have serious doubts about us going inot the playoffs. But, that wont be a problem. Looking at the playoffs and how they will shake out, I know its early but this is what the seeds may look like:

1 HOU
                              2 DEN

3 NE
                              4 BAL
                              5 IND
                              6 PIT/CIN

WC
                              PIT/CIN loses to NE
                              BAL beats IND

DIV
                              BAL vs HOU
                              NE vs DEN

If we get lucky and someone knocks off Houston, we might get 2 home playoff games this year!
                              I have doubts about the Broncos beating the Chiefs, even though the game is in Denver. It just seems unlikely that the Broncos will sweep the division and the Chiefs can play the Broncos tough.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It's difficult to not sound a bit cocky of late, but it's more about confidence and trust in our team that leads me to think that, it wouldn't surprise me if we won both of our last two games......handily.

Don't get me wrong, both teams may make things difficult, but the reason I say it is that I believe a Manning led team will be going for it, both games, not assuming anything oir taking anything for granted. And I can just see Manning and Champ and the leaders of this team making it clear that we haven't won anything yet, other than a playoff seat....and that we need to keep the medal to the floor til this season ends.

It's about pride and inner-belief, and a champion's approach. It's about proving that there is nothing accidental going on here.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 12-17-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X