CBS More Competitive Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS More Competitive Games

I live in Kansas and we lost our feed for the game half way through the third quarter, this is the second time that has happened. Does colorado lose their feed too or do they keep it on in the local market? It is extremely irritating. I had to write CBS.

--------

I am upset that CBS changed to a "more competitive game" again half way through the 3rd quarter. A lot can happen in a quarter. I think that your logic is extremely flawed. First you could miss an very exciting come back. For example when Denver was down 24-0 at half, I supposed you would have switched to a more competitive game and yet they won 34-24. Second, most people wont watch a game that doesnt include their favorite team. If I know my team us not on when the game starts I wont sit around and hope that CBS switches in the middle of another game. Lastly when you turn off the game that most people are watching, they will be, as I was, so irritated that they will change the channel as I did. I would much rather watch the Packers/Bears on Fox than stick around for your more competitive game.

Thanks, although I doubt anyone will read this or care.

Completely understand. I was so irate too. I live in Boston and don't always get to watch the games and then boom, game switches. I was pissed. I listened to KOA but still. It was really upsetting. I think I'll write a letter as well. They won't care but Denver v. Ravens was billed as a big statement game and then they switched. Jeez
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Where did u send/email it to? I'd like to give my .02 to them too.

Comment

Originally posted by dslam24 View Post
        I live in Kansas and we lost our feed for the game half way through the third quarter, this is the second time that has happened. Does colorado lose their feed too or do they keep it on in the local market? It is extremely irritating. I had to write CBS.

--------

I am upset that CBS changed to a "more competitive game" again half way through the 3rd quarter. A lot can happen in a quarter. I think that your logic is extremely flawed. First you could miss an very exciting come back. For example when Denver was down 24-0 at half, I supposed you would have switched to a more competitive game and yet they won 34-24. Second, most people wont watch a game that doesnt include their favorite team. If I know my team us not on when the game starts I wont sit around and hope that CBS switches in the middle of another game. Lastly when you turn off the game that most people are watching, they will be, as I was, so irritated that they will change the channel as I did. I would much rather watch the Packers/Bears on Fox than stick around for your more competitive game.

Happened to me as well. I live in Ithaca, NY. Very disappointed!!

Comment

--------

1. No Colorado would not lose the feed. They stay with the local market till the end.

2. Not to sound mean but they'll just say buy Sunday ticket like everyone else has to do that doesn't live in the Colorado area. I was not surprised at all that they made the switch and as soon as they did I flipped to the Sunday ticket channel and finished the game.

3. Although comebacks due happen like the Chargers game and last night the Pats almost came back on the Niners, it is still extremely rare for a team to rally back from 28 points down to tie or win. The networks have a much better odds of switching to a different more competative game and keeping up ratings than staying on a blowout.

You're favorite team may be the Broncos and you may not care less to switch to a more competative game for other teams. But my bet would be that if you don't live in Colorado more people were not at all pleased to be watching that blowout and were happy when they switched to the Houston and Indy game.

It does suck but that's just life in television ratings for sports. Just be glad they were switching because we were blowing out Baltimore not the other way around.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Completely understand. I was so irate too. I live in Boston and don't always get to watch the games and then boom, game switches. I was pissed. I listened to KOA but still. It was really upsetting. I think I'll write a letter as well. They won't care but Denver v. Ravens was billed as a big statement game and then they switched. Jeez
            Houston and Indy was equally as big of a game and was even amongst division rivals. Not at all suprised that they switched to that game in Alabama.
            sigpic

Comment

I can understand them switching games as early as middle of the fourth quarter but middle of the 3rd, that was just ridiculous.

I would get Sunday ticket but the economics are just not there. Almost every Broncos game is shown in Kansas unless they are on at the same time as the Chiefs. The only two games that were not shown locally was the first Raiders game and the game against the Buccs. So $199 for two games?!?!? Not really worth it.

oh well. Just venting.

but dang! what a game it was yesterday. :-) You're right that it sucks to have the game turned off but in a way it's nice that we were destroying the Ravens in their own home.

Thats one of the teams I dislike the most. Their best weapon is Ray Lewis and his best weapon is a knife.

Comment

I can understand them switching games as early as middle of the fourth quarter but middle of the 3rd, that was just ridiculous.

I would get Sunday ticket but the economics are just not there. Almost every Broncos game is shown in Kansas unless they are on at the same time as the Chiefs. The only two games that were not shown locally was the first Raiders game and the game against the Buccs. So $199 for two games?!?!? Not really worth it.

oh well. Just venting.

but dang! what a game it was yesterday. :-) You're right that it sucks to have the game turned off but in a way it's nice that we were destroying the Ravens in their own home.

Thats one of the teams I dislike the most. Their best weapon is Ray Lewis and his best weapon is a knife.
                Yeah a lot of games have been live here this year too. So I've maybe spent $199 for about 4 games. Seems a bit ridiculous. Although I don't expect either of the next two to be live here so I think about 6 maybe 7 by seasons end. Not sure exactly. Probably a bit steep for that but that's what Manning brings to a team. Glad I'm getting to watch every game though.

Also not sure why they switched you so early there. We got switched with 1:30 left in the third quarter. So by that point it was basically the 4th. And we didn't blow it.

I'm really surprised you lost it in Kansas though. I would think that is close enough to remain part of the local market unless as you said the Chiefs were on. Which at that time they weren't.
                sigpic

Comment

It was way to early to switch...the score in the pats game last night was almost the same at the same time they switched and look how that one turned out....this is the second time they have done this...it is lame living in Kansas.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just switched over to the Sunday Ticket feed. Only problem is I wasn't quite live so I missed about 1 possession. It's always been that way forever though. Fox changed to another game as well. Not sure if I recall when both stations had to switch.

Comment

They switched it in Nova Scotia but it was also shown on CTV and they did not.

I was peeved until I saw that CTV kept it on.
                      2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

[QUOTE=dslam24;4612528]I live in Kansas and we lost our feed for the game half way through the third quarter, this is the second time that has happened. Does colorado lose their feed too or do they keep it on in the local market? It is extremely irritating. I had to write CBS.

i live in NJ. lost my feed too. thought it was a little to early, but it was really a non contest at that point.

the colts texans game was close and waaaayyyy more competitive. luck is the new darling so it all makes sense.

it goes both ways, if it were reversed, we would be saying 'yeah great switch.' any other fan of a team would say the broncos blew them out-move to the next game.

it is what it is. in a way, its nice to know they switched, it meant we were destroying the other team and a win was on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          It was way to early to switch...the score in the pats game last night was almost the same at the same time they switched and look how that one turned out....this is the second time they have done this...it is lame living in Kansas.
                          Once again as I stated before: Games like last night with the Pats are rare not common place. Odds are the CBS would make a better choice switching than staying. And as the result turned out they were not wrong.

More fans nationwide would rather have switched to something else than remain on a blowout.

Sucks for Broncos fans that missed it but it's the way of life in sports. TV ratings dominate and I bet half the country tuned out at 31-3 or even 34-10.
                          sigpic

Comment

yesterday showed the importance of purchasing nfl ticket for out of market viewers.

Comment

You should have moved to Phoenix, AZ for the weekend. They didn't switch to another game here.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X