CBS More Competitive Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Denver is almost always televised in the Boise market. I'm not going to buy NFL ticket because of the possibility of a few games that get switched because of competition.

However, I will say it was disappointing when they switched games. I've waited a long time to see the Broncos win a game in Baltimore. Oh well, I got to see the important stuff.
    They better have not switched the games here. I know I was there, but I want to keep it on the DVR forever.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      2. Not to sound mean but they'll just say buy Sunday ticket like everyone else has to do that doesn't live in the Colorado area. I was not surprised at all that they made the switch and as soon as they did I flipped to the Sunday ticket channel and finished the game.
      Trouble with that is that it doesn't always work. I have Sunday Ticket and a lot of the times the games that are being shown via the local stations are blacked out on Sunday Ticket. For me with yesterday's Baltimore game, the local CBS station was carrying the game and when they cut away from it I was able to watch it on Sunday Ticket, but I was kind of surprised as there have been other times when I'd get the blacked out message on the Sunday Ticket games because they were available on the locals.
      ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
        Trouble with that is that it doesn't always work. I have Sunday Ticket and a lot of the times the games that are being shown via the local stations are blacked out on Sunday Ticket. For me with yesterday's Baltimore game, the local CBS station was carrying the game and when they cut away from it I was able to watch it on Sunday Ticket, but I was kind of surprised as there have been other times when I'd get the blacked out message on the Sunday Ticket games because they were available on the locals.
        Yes it's always blacked out when it's airing live. So it's not a problem because you are getting it on the local channel.

I guarantee you these things get approved between Fox, CBS and Directv before they actually make the switch. CBS probably told someone at Directtv hey we are about to switch the nationally broadcast game to something more competative. As soon as Directtv flips the switch then CBS or Fox changes their game.

Pretty sure it's not that hard for them to work that into the contract for Sunday ticket so that they are prepared when this kind of thing happens.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
          Fine if I'm home, but if I need to be away during the first part of the game and want to watch it a bit later Sunday afternoon, I can't record either channel and guarantee that I'll get to see the whole game.
          That's why you record them both. Get a Genie.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Yes it's always blacked out when it's airing live. So it's not a problem because you are getting it on the local channel.

I guarantee you these things get approved between Fox, CBS and Directv before they actually make the switch. CBS probably told someone at Directtv hey we are about to switch the nationally broadcast game to something more competative. As soon as Directtv flips the switch then CBS or Fox changes their game.

Pretty sure it's not that hard for them to work that into the contract for Sunday ticket so that they are prepared when this kind of thing happens.
            Well I wandered yesterday if that was how it works but thought to myself, "Nah, no way Directv authorized that channel that fast." I mean I switched immediately when they did and it was already up. Kudos to the folks at DirecTV for being on ball.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
              Well I wandered yesterday if that was how it works but thought to myself, "Nah, no way Directv authorized that channel that fast." I mean I switched immediately when they did and it was already up. Kudos to the folks at DirecTV for being on ball.
              Yeah I was expecting it to be a couple of minutes too. So that's what made me think they have to communicate ahead of time to prepare for a switch.

During the Houston game we were supposed to get it live on CBS and the morning game ran late. So the local CBS didn't switch. Directtv kept it on and if I remember correctly didn't even turn it off that week after the early game ended.

However a later game this year I think they turned off the directv feed after the main CBS early game ended.

Also for those who recorded. I was recording on CBS because my dad always shows up late and I have a 3 month old that requires necessity breaks during the game. Fortunately we were only 2-3 plays behind at the point of the switch so we didn't miss much.

But now that this has occurred I'll start recording both feeds in the future. The beauty of 2 directv dvr's. If I end up recording a blacked out channel for 4 hours oh well. But at least I'll have the backup option in case of a switch.
              sigpic

Comment

On the topic of recording games, anybody notice that the program slot for MNF is 3 hours? Come on ESPN at least make it 3:15. Forget to record SportsCenter and if it's a close game you will be pretty bummed right around the two minute warning.

"DELETE THIS RECORDING?"

:brick:
                Last edited by Lomax; 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

yeah i was watching the game here in CA... They cut it off throughout the third quarter. I was furious because I left my PS3 w/ Sunday Ticket at my house.... I am not even sure if I would have been able to watch the game because it was technically still a "scheduled" local game. Which they make not available for watching on the Ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                    That's what I did, and yes, I got hosed. The real problem is the stupid NFL blackout rules that prevent the game from being shown on one of the Sunday Ticket channels if it's also on the local TV network. So I can't watch the Broncos game on Sunday Ticket if the same game is also on CBS in NYC, but if CBS decides to switch, then I can ONLY watch the Broncos on the Sunday Ticket channel. Fine if I'm home, but if I need to be away during the first part of the game and want to watch it a bit later Sunday afternoon, I can't record either channel and guarantee that I'll get to see the whole game.
                    That was my situation exactly! The only thing that makes it a bit better is being able to record the "short cut" replay of the game so I can see what I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                      On the topic of recording games, anybody notice that the program slot for MNF is 3 hours? Come on ESPN at least make it 3:15. Forget to record SportsCenter and if it's a close game you will be pretty bummed right around the two minute warning.

"DELETE THIS RECORDING?"

:brick:
                      Not sure who you have but both my old knology cable DVR and my new directv DVR say live event: do you want to add time? I always add an hour in case of what you mentioned.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Broncos game got switched to the Indy/Houston game out here in California also on Sunday. Good thing the NFL Sunday Ticket was available.

But, it's good the Broncos were playing well enough that CBS swithched the game early in the 3rd.
                        sigpic

Comment

Same thing happenned to me. I was watchion my Broncos on tv and then BOOM all I wanted was to throw something at the tv...

How dare they !
                          :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
                          -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by AccidenT79 View Post
                            That was my situation exactly! The only thing that makes it a bit better is being able to record the "short cut" replay of the game so I can see what I missed.
                            Yeah, it's good that there are other ways to catch up on what we missed. Still, it can be frustrating to record the game but not be able to watch all of it at the time.

The good news for me is that I won't need to worry about it any more this season, since I'll be in Denver to see the final two games in person. That is one way to guarantee you get to see the whole Broncos' game.

Comment

It's twice it's happened this year.. You go to the store sit down excited about watching the game and then they switch. Man I was pissed. My girlfriend was even yelling at the TV... Hate Fox more but CBS is really doing a poor job this year.

Comment

ITHACA ??????? You mean there is another Broncos fan within 50 miles ??????????????????????????
                                I see Orange and I look for the horse ,,, but is always a Syracuse jacket. ( just over the stateline due south of Binghamton here ) MY Daughter got her masters at IC, and my wife went to Oneonta ... but a bit before Elway played ball there. I may be going out to watch my Broncs play in the SB this year and wear my Orange and Blue proudly. If my autogrpahed by Mike Montler , Lyle Alzado , Rob Lytle and Paul Howard shirt still fitr I would wear that ; ) Got to eat breakfast with them the spring folloing out first SB appearnace. Lyle was not the biggest of them but man he had the scariest eyes - LOL I was 6'4 and about 260 at the time and Montler made me feel SMALL. He was a friggin MOUNTAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh and my wife went to High School with Schultz. Knew him to speak to him. We lived in Boulder and Longmont at the time ... Got married in Cental City in 77. My blood turned Orange then and has remained so for the last 35 years. And I wore my Broncos coat to work AFTER the Giants , Skins and 9ers super bowls .... It was hell but I am a FAN !!!!!! After the 9ers I went into work closed my office door and put a note on it 'YES THEY GOT CREAMATED ... I AM NOT HAPPY ... NO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GAME TODAY .... ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! .

Comment

Working...
                                X