Time to stop now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to stop now!

I know we are all excited and I feel like a little 5 year old on Christmas morning with where we are and the Pats losing last night. But we had time to enjoy it, but now it's time to stop talking about that 2nd seed for a few weeks. We can not look a month ahead and the potential of a div home game. We have two "on paper" teams coming to town that we SHOULD win, but we can lose one and then it's all over with for that second seed. let's reel it in now and start really focusing on Cleveland and KC " div rival that can trip us". Media and other fans in town are saying we have a month to prepare for the Patriots. That's a little much and really hope our team isn't thinking that way. We need to take care of Cleveland and win than focus completely on KC. Then we can celebrate the second see for two weeks to prepare for who ever comes to town.

It's the teams job to focus, it's the fans job to get overly excited/overly depressed at everything. The team has the right mentality, that's what matters. I don't think Peyton is on here posting about how we're going to cakewalk through these last two games, the team will be fine, the fan base, no fan base will ever be normal.

Comment

Chill man, We are the fans, not the players. Peyton isn't going to over look the Browns or the chiefs, right now they should be more motivated because they have a chance to beat the PAT if they secure the bye. No matter how much harder we work it isn't going to affect the Broncos, the best we can do is goto the next two game, and make it silent for Peyton and Blow the roof off when the Browns/chiefs Offense is on the field.

Heres what I want to know VADER72:

How many laps/push up/football throws should I do so the broncos can not lose the next 2, if I can't relax that we have the 2nd seed? None, because I can do all I can and it will not affect the game.
      Last edited by Chronoless; 12-17-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I'm probably just paranoid since things are going so well. I hope you are right. I don't think PFM or Champ will let these guys get cocky and over look anything now.

We always hear players say they don't read or listen to the media. But let's be honest in this day and the social media it's impossible to avoid not hearing it and it going to a players head. It's human nature to look at these next two games and say why even show up. Both teams suck. But still, it can happen. That's all. Just bugs me that the radio they are already saying we need to prep for the Patriots in a month. Ugh, that's way to early.
        Last edited by VADER72; 12-17-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

its the young guys that have to stay focused, but this isnt peyton or champs first time at the rodeo, i wouldnt worry about it. i'm pretty sure they understand the totality of the this.

Comment

Team knows they need 2 wins to get the second seed. Nothing to overlook here. It's not like we have a crazy tough opponent in week 17 that would cause the team to look past the Browns. I fully expect the team to be focused for each game. They know they got a gift from the 49ers last night (although the 49ers did try to spoil it...), and I think it lights a fire under their butts!

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
              I'm probably just paranoid since things are going so well. I hope you are right. I don't think PFM or Champ will let these guys get cocky and over look anything now. But Celevand did lay 38 on the Chrgers. I know I know, the Chargers, but still that's a bunch of points.
              The Broncos would really have to lose their heads to lose the next two games. Weeden is a guaranteed INT or two, and if Trent Richardson isn't a factor then that will make their offense incredibly one dimensional.

Their receivers aren't anything the DB's can't handle, either. And DT will have a huge day, the Browns have gotten torched by deep threat receivers all year. If I'm Mannng I'm throwing to DT all game.

Comment

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think we need to worry about this team getting complacent. We've got a great group of guys in our locker room right now and I don't think anybody's going to be overlooking the next two games. We're not the second seed until it's final, and it ain't final yet... But the good news is it's in our hands. Hopefully instead of getting lax, we get motivated to finish strong.
                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Broncos are playing on a whole different level now. We're a top 5 team in the league now, and it's showing. Even a B- effort from the Broncos should beat the Browns easily.

Pretty awesome to be a Bronco fan after the previous years. Crazy what an elite QB can do for a team.
                  X

Comment

I agree with everyone so far, I feel the same way. Just nervous because it seem too good to be true at the moment.

Comment

it is absolutely amazing the impact Peyton has had on this team

last year we were wondering if we could scrape by and somehow get into the playoffs

this year we won the division with weeks to spare, the defense is one of the best in the league, and we are concerned about a week 1 bye
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

I'm just glad there's this much reason to be so excited
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Vader:

Let the players, coaches and executives worry about that. We have PFM on our side. He won't let this team take any mental holidays. If anything, he will come in with a new sense of urgency to make sure everyone understands that there aren't any cupcakes in these last two weeks. Both teams would like nothing more than to stop them from getting a bye in the playoffs. But PFM won't let that happen.

Second seed, here we come!!

Comment

My gosh! We're not the ones suiting up on Sunday, so simmer down now. LOL

Let us do the fan thing. LOL
                            OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't be gloating and writing ourselves as superbowl champs, but we can definitely be excited and predicting we'll ge the #2 seed. We are just fans, and I don't think it's delusional to think we'll beat Cleveland and Kansas City. I've been hopeful for the past 5 weeks, thinking things would have to go mighty favorable for us to even have a chance at the #2 seed. We've taken care of our business and we lucked up on NE losing, we can definitley look ahead to the #2 seed.

There's no way PFM, Champ, or Fox let these guys get comfortable and assume they'll roll over everyone. Peyton pulls the offense together throughout the whole game, even during blowoouts. He knows all about being favored and losing in the playoffs, like when he sat out late season games and lost in the playoffs. His/ the Broncos focus is one week at a time, and will settle for nothing less than a superbowl win.

Comment

Working...
                              X