Tracy Porter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Bolden also is not very good at ST's so Porter could take his spot there and be fine
    You lost me until here, Bolden is one of our best ST players and one of our gunners i believe.

I agree 100% Porter should get some time on defense, but not sure who we could deactivate to make room for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      You lost me until here, Bolden is one of our best ST players and one of our gunners i believe.

I agree 100% Porter should get some time on defense, but not sure who we could deactivate to make room for him.
      He's had his share of penalties and imo has been no stud on ST'S...maybe 'not good' wasn't a fair statement, but Porter is faster so arguably he'd be a better gunner n I just don't see much of a drop off

Edit: correcting myself I said not "very good" which I don't believe he is...he may be good but it's not like he's David Bruton out there
      Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Tracy Porter is part of the impressive depth the Denver Broncos possess at this moment.

Omar Bolden is a very good ST player, especially on the Punt Team. The defensive coaches have been getting him some playing time, too.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

This is a strange thread considering he is our best CB when it comes to opposing QBs' completion % against. Harris is allowing barely more, and Champ is allowing a lot more. If Carter is getting torched, so is Harris and Champ is getting deep fried?

All three are doing fantastic, and there is no reason to change the best group of 3 corners in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            This is a strange thread considering he is our best CB when it comes to opposing QBs' completion % against. Harris is allowing barely more, and Champ is allowing a lot more. If Carter is getting torched, so is Harris and Champ is getting deep fried?
            Because completion % tells the entire story lol, teams routinely throw deep and are much more careless when throwing at Carter as to where they for the most part only throw hooks/slants vs Champ

But lovely way to show a very minor statistic and stretch it as a means of showing who the best CB is...by that logic, you yoursself just said Carter is our best CB and Champ is our worst...now find a single football mind who agrees with that

Comment

Well, I agree with you on getting Porter activated and some playing time if he is healthy. I don't think he should replace Carter at this point, but if he is healthy he should definately be available on game day. We will need him for certain when we get into the playoffs and face teams like the Patriots. I'm just not sure who they deactivate to do it.
              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

All three are doing fantastic, and there is no reason to change the best group of 3 corners in the NFL.
                Should have posted this before, but this is absolutely true ^^^^^, and I agree with all of it.

On to another story that seems to be the tone of the rest of this thread.

Ah, the sorry, no-good corner. Poor Tim Jennings was the scourge of the Colts Fan boards a couple of years ago. A real ne'er-do-well, worth nothing more than a toss to the curb. (Well, at least according to many of the knowledgeable posters there.)

Fast-forward to this year, playing for the Bears. He's been hurt lately, but as far as I know he's made 8 interceptions this season. Not too bad for such a fellow.

Moral of the story.....Let them all have time to develop in this defense. Del Rio has been doing great things with the whole crew this year, but it does take time and game experience to sharpen those skills. It may not show up just now, but you never know who could be the next up-and-coming star on this team. Evidently Tim Jennings has become one in Chicago, thanks to a second chance.
                Last edited by southern cross; 12-17-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I say if you want to get Porter some playing time then let Gronk sit one or two out. I would not sit Carter nor Bolden.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Awful thread with some funny comments in it. But I guess I have to use this thread to inform people of what is going on again. I don't understand how people can overreact so easily and not actually understand what happens with the game they are watching. But overreacting and cluless Denver Broncos fans arn't really suprise.

Tony Carter is playing great and has had a great year. The notion that a cornerback can't give up any receptions is a complete joke. All of our guys have been beat and all cornerbacks get beat. However how often determines if a player gets replaced.

Tracy Porter did not have a good year while he was playing. He is not better then Tony Carter. Tony Carter will continue to play a lot and continue to play well as he has been doing week in and week out. He will not be replaced unless he plays worse then he has been.

I stopped updating the Tony Carter thread with his stats a while ago because it had become clear to everywhere that the guy could play and I wasn't overreacting at his first "good" game. But I guess I will do it again here in this thread.
                    Tony Carter 2012 Statistics:

TACKLES: 27
                    TARGETS: 45
                    COMPLETIONS: 20
                    COMPLETION %: 44%
                    YARDS: 301
                    TD's ALLOWED: 2
                    P'DEF's: 11
                    INT: 2
                    INT YARDS: 55
                    FUMBLE RECOVERIES: 1
                    FUMBLES RECOVERY YARDS: 65
                    DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS: 2
                    PENALTIES: 2
                    PENALTY YARDS: 25
                    QB RATING WHEN TARGETED: 63.29

Coming after the Baltimore Ravens game is laughable. The guy was targeted 3 times and allowed one reception for 48 yards. Yes he got beat deep. That is one play. His statistics and on the field play overall do not feature these sorts of plays and if anything he consistantly produces the opposite. He allows some short stuff but most of the time forces incompletions. Terrible thread.

Comment

Porters last tweet sounded as if he was frustrated bc he's not been activated. Unless he has an attitude problem with the coaches I simply don't understand why a CB with his talent isn't playing some
                      KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by IhateURface View Post
                        Porters last tweet sounded as if he was frustrated bc he's not been activated. Unless he has an attitude problem with the coaches I simply don't understand why a CB with his talent isn't playing some
                        Because the #4 CB has to play ST's.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

That Could be
                          KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            He's had his share of penalties and imo has been no stud on ST'S...maybe 'not good' wasn't a fair statement, but Porter is faster so arguably he'd be a better gunner n I just don't see much of a drop off

Edit: correcting myself I said not "very good" which I don't believe he is...he may be good but it's not like he's David Bruton out there
                            you SERIOUSLY need to get off this Speed kick you have because its insane

hes faster so hed make a better gunner??? Porter cant tackle worth a lick, hes terrified of contact and hes smaller i beleive. You want him running down full speed to tackle someone?

i dont think so
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              I'm pretty sure the point was that Carter shouldn't be benched for one catch being made on him.
                              Exactly
                              Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              It was about the performance as a whole, but to say the argument against Carter should hold similar weight to Champ on elite receivers is ridiculous.
                              If you would read my initial post you responded to, I said "for your definition of torched," meaning I did not agree with the way he said torched. Pretty much relating Tony Carter's situation to Champ Bailey's in those games.

And in this last game, the play looked identical to Champ's on Torrey Smith, who is smaller than Jones and probably can't get up like Jones, minus the sideline and Smith not staying in. The play Carter made was not a bad one, just not good enough.
                              Last edited by BroncoooJohnson; 12-18-2012, 09:23 AM.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Carter has been playing great! Between Harris and Carter, we finally have good players opposite of Champ. And our defensive rank beats this out.

Id be all for extending Harris and Carter this offseason. If we could only do one Id extend Harris though.

Comment

Working...
                                X