Tracy Porter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I like Tony Carter but he's been getting TORCHED as of late.

Porter should get SOME playing time before the playoffs, especially when we go in nickel and have Harris or even Champ on a TE at times.
    I agree. I think Harris has established himself as the clear #2 guy beside Champ, but I don't think Carter has been playing at a great level lately. I think JDR needs to work Porter back into the defense and give him a chance to prove he deserves to be playing over Carter. Either way, I don't think either of them are particularly good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      you SERIOUSLY need to get off this Speed kick you have because its insane

hes faster so hed make a better gunner??? Porter cant tackle worth a lick, hes terrified of contact and hes smaller i beleive. You want him running down full speed to tackle someone?

i dont think so
      While Bolden probably is a better tackler...I'm just saying Porter can really run and he's very agile...that was stupid of me to say he'd be a "better" gunner, so you're right there

Do wanna point out tho that while everyone keeps talking about Porter as if he's a horrible tackler ...he played the run pretty damn well the first game and a half this year

Anyhow, to be clear again (because i know despite me saying otherwise countless times, ppl are still gna think I don't like Carter n want him benched for Porter) I have been a huge fan of Carter since his first stint with us and think he's been excellent this year

But I'm not so blind to not realize he's been beat pretty deep about once a game the last few weeks ...I'd still play him and I would like all 4 active in the playoffs in case of an injury during a game we don't have to go with Bolden ...and what I'm saying is get Porter active and get him SOME reps so that if he does have to play in the playoffs it's not his first time doing so in months

Plus, see how he does...it can't hurt...if he starts playing absolutely lights out then it's a huge +...anyhow I don't feel in the slightest bit that that's unreasonable, yet I have a feeling my posts were referred to as 'funny' and 'completely overreacting' (not by you to be clear) when in fact I've been the BIGGEST fan of this defense and secondary all along, saying for the longest time now it's definitely a better unit than our offense ...and I have bragged about what a stud Tony Carter has been but he's struggled with bigger WR's because he's 5'9...anyhow I've stated what I think n this is my last time doing so on this specifically just wanna be ABUNDANTLY clear because ppl like to read what they wanna read at times in my post
      Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
        Exactly

If you would read my initial post you responded to, I said "for your definition of torched," meaning I did not agree with the way he said torched. Pretty much relating Tony Carter's situation to Champ Bailey's in those games.

And in this last game, the play looked identical to Champ's on Torrey Smith, who is smaller than Jones and probably can't get up like Jones, minus the sideline and Smith not staying in. The play Carter made was not a bad one, just not good enough.
        Woah, hold up, are you tryna say Jacoby Jones is better than Torrey Smith at ANYTHING? lol ...."SMITH CAN'T GET UP LIKE JONES"?? U serious? For one, Jones was about 60 yards downfield, Smith was 30 and Smith's was back shoulder and he went wayyyy the hell up to get that ball while Jones caught it running in stride

Wayy off on this one ...Smith is their #1, Jones is a career #3 and the plays were not similar at all, let alone "identical"
        Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 12-18-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I would hate to have the op as a boss. "Hey swinginhorseman I know your been kicking but here at the company. Congrats on your new promotion! Last sunday your work was a little sloppy so your being demoted".

Comment

Found this little snippet on the DP website;

Porter nearing return. It's easy to keep track of how long cornerback Tracy Porter has been sidelined. He has been down since falling ill the day before the Broncos were to play their Monday night game, Oct. 15 at San Diego.
            In that game, Porter's replacements, Chris Harris and Tony Carter, both had defensive touchdown returns to ignite what has now grown into a nine-game winning streak.

Porter, though, started practicing three weeks ago and there's a decent chance he will play, if in a limited role, this week against the Cleveland Browns.

"As far as Tracy goes, they're all competitors," Broncos coach John Fox said. "They want to play. He got injured or had an illness; some guys stepped in and did well. He just needs to focus on getting better every day. I saw good improvement last week. He went a month without playing. So he's working his way back."

Read more: Denver Broncos' Eric Decker shows he's a touchdown maker - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2FRLaMrit
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Yeah he's still trying to get back in shape. 3 weeks of practice, I doubt he's in good enough shape to play a whole game but sounds like he'll play some this week.

Comment

Love to see him get back in the rotation especially for when we play against a high-powered offense like the Pats. He has quicks and good ball skills. That being said HE DOESNT PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS plain and simple.

Chris Harris has unbelievable playing in the slot, he isnt going anywhere. Carter has been playing mostly outside, so if Porter want to get his job back that is who he needs to outplay in practice.

Kinda off topic but I was thinking about a matchup with NE and wondering who would check who in a man-to-man situation. I would like Harris to stay on Welker, but after that it's tough. Maybe put Champ on Hernandez like we used to do against the Chiefs w/ Gonzo? I guess we could put him on Lloyd and double both Gronk and Hernandez? One things for sure, I would hate to be Jack Del Rio for that game.
                @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

I follow Tracy Porter on twitter...I feel so "sad" for him cause he's ready to play but its obviously up to the coaches. It just sucks to have that feeling when you're on top and all of a sudden you find yourself at the bottom of things.

Comment

I think the real question is who to deactive to activate him to get Porter on the field. Every phase of our team has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      I think the real question is who to deactive to activate him to get Porter on the field. Every phase of our team has been great.
                      I would guess Bolden. I know I'd get some flak for that, but Bolden gets limited snaps on defense. Bolden is developing into a good special teamer, but sacrifices have to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        I would guess Bolden. I know I'd get some flak for that, but Bolden gets limited snaps on defense. Bolden is developing into a good special teamer, but sacrifices have to be made.
                        I'd say Leonhard. Carter can play his snaps and Porter can take Carter's spot when he rotates back.

Comment

If Klis is saying that Porter will get playing time soon, he will get playing time soon.

The OP is right. Carter has been good for us filling in, but has gotten beat several times as well. It's not to say that he can't play or should be benched, but when are the expectations are this high, there's nothing wrong with a little competition to make sure that the best players are out there.

Harris and Champ's spots are secure, but Carter hasn't been so shutdown that Porter shouldn't get opportunities in nickel packages as well. Let's not forget that Porter was the day 1 starter. He has a role on this team too.
                          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                            If Klis is saying that Porter will get playing time soon, he will get playing time soon.

The OP is right. Carter has been good for us filling in, but has gotten beat several times as well. It's not to say that he can't play or should be benched, but when are the expectations are this high, there's nothing wrong with a little competition to make sure that the best players are out there.

Harris and Champ's spots are secure, but Carter hasn't been so shutdown that Porter shouldn't get opportunities in nickel packages as well. Let's not forget that Porter was the day 1 starter. He has a role on this team too.
                            Hey a reasonable post about the situation without someone going crazy about it...good to see

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              I'd say Leonhard. Carter can play his snaps and Porter can take Carter's spot when he rotates back.
                              Leonhard plays a lot of defensive snaps and fills in as a returner when Holliday slips up. Leonhard is more involved in the defense than Bolden. That gives Bolden the edge over Leonhard as to being inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                                Leonhard plays a lot of defensive snaps and fills in as a returner when Holliday slips up. Leonhard is more involved in the defense than Bolden. That gives Bolden the edge over Leonhard as to being inactive.
                                Bolden is a superior special teamer and I think Carter could excel doing what Leonhard does on defense. Carter is more athletic, taller (surprisingly), and reads the QB better than Leonhard does. Put Carter back there and let Porter play CB. Let Carter ballhawk at S in certain plays. Leonhard only comes in to receive kicks when whoever the returner is would have to fair catch it. There are a number of people on the roster that can do that other than Leonhard.

Comment

Working...
                                X