Don't Underestimate the BYE Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Underestimate the BYE Week

The BYE week is just as important as home-field advantage for us. If you give Peyton Manning, Del Rio and Foxy two weeks to prepare for the Pats and play at home, you can bet that they will have a really good game plan to beating the Pats. All we have to do is execute.

After we came off our BYE week after the Chargers game, we faced a surging New Orleans team that had the top offense in the NFL with a below average defense in Denver. Guess what happened!? We completely and thoroughly dominated them in every facet of that game and we became one of the very few teams to ever shut down that offense. I'm not saying that we'll do that to the Pats, but it sure sounds similar, doesn't it? Couple that with the Patriots struggles in Denver and I like our chances.

Cant argue with you there.
    sigpic

Comment

Also, look at what the Bye week did for us this year. Since we've had it we've pretty much dominated every game. I think winning the next 2 games and clinching the #2 seed is a huge part of us potentially winning the Super Bowl.

Comment

Yeah, the weeks rest and extra time to prepare is a more important than playing them in Denver, if you ask me. The Broncos just have to finish out the season beating the Browns and Chiefs.
        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't we play the highest seed? and with the Pats being #3... We wouldn't play them until the AFC Championship game if we do?

As it looks now we may still play the Colts if they make the wildcard game as the 4th or 5th seed and wins.. ( which would be awesome)

And we may have home field throughout the Playoffs... I see the Pats beating the Texans in the divisional round, meaning we would host the Pats at home correct for the AFC if we win?

Comment

Originally posted by jM916 View Post
            If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't we play the highest seed? and with the Pats being #3... We wouldn't play them until the AFC Championship game if we do?

As it looks now we may still play the Colts if they make the wildcard game as the 4th or 5th seed and wins.. ( which would be awesome)

And we may have home field throughout the Playoffs... I see the Pats beating the Texans in the divisional round, meaning we would host the Pats at home correct for the AFC if we win?
            If the Pats win in the Wild card round we play them in Denver in the Divisional round.

Read Here
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but they wouldn't have 2 weeks to prepare. They will have one week only, just like everyone. You don't know who you're playing until next Sunday, so preparing for the Patriots would be dumb, what if Indy beats them?

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                If the Pats win in the Wild card round we play them in Denver in the Divisional round.

Read Here

Guess the "Highest Winning Seed " Confused me. I was looking at the seed # , not which was greater in terms of record/performance.

Comment

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                  Yeah, but they wouldn't have 2 weeks to prepare. They will have one week only, just like everyone. You don't know who you're playing until next Sunday, so preparing for the Patriots would be dumb, what if Indy beats them?
                  Well then, what should we do with that extra week to prepare for our next opponent? I honestly think the best strategy is to prepare that week as if we are going to play the Patriots, and if that falls through, immediately begin the game plan for who we actually end up playing against... Preparing for what's likely to happen is better than not preparing at all, right?
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                    Well then, what should we do with that extra week to prepare for our next opponent? I honestly think the best strategy is to prepare that week as if we are going to play the Patriots, and if that falls through, immediately begin the game plan for who we actually end up playing against... Preparing for what's likely to happen is better than not preparing at all, right?
                    Exactly. You spend the week of the wildcard games prepping for NE.

I they somehow lose, you the switch it up and prep for the team you're actually playing, and you still have an entire regular week to prep.

There is no downside.

Comment

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                      That's just the risk we'll have to take. Do you expect us to sit on our butts for a week to see who wins and then prepare for them? Let's be real, there's a much higher chance of a Pats win at home against the Colts than a Colts upset. We need two weeks of preparation to beat the Pats, and if the Pats somehow lose, then IMO we'd have much better chances of beating the Colts at home with one week preparation than we would of beating the Pats with one week of preparation.

It happens all the time. Teams on their BYE weeks in the playoffs prepare for the best team that is going to be their matchup after the Wild Card Round. The Pats were preparing for the Steelers during their BYE week before we beat them last year. So the Pats only had a week to prepare for us and still beat us very handily in their house during the Divisional Round.

Comment

Would also be good for Demaryius Thomas. Dude don't look 100%. And that goes for whomever else has nagging injuries.

Comment

Well first off you dont have 2 weeks to prepare for the Pats. You would have a week cause you cant guarantee that they are going to get by the Ravens, Cincy, Pitt or Indy (whoever makes it). The benefit is in the rest, and the fact that we face whatever opponent at home. NE is a formidable team on the road, and a near unbeatable team at home.
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Prepare to play the strongest team! If they win then you'r prepared, if they lose you'r still prepared, because you will be ready for what ever happens. The game plan comes together in the final week. It all comes down to the old saying; "Expect the worst and hope for the best." There are still two scenarios that would put NE in Huston; 1) NE drops one more while Baltimore wins out, giving Baltimore the third seed via tie breaker. 2) Huston drops remaining two, giving us the first seed. (both scenarios require us winning out) One loss renders the whole thing mute, as we would drop back to the third seed. Broncos must take care of what they can control.
                            sigpic

Comment

A bye week is beyond risky for our team.

The only way to beat Manning is to try keep him off the field and hope he gets cold. Otherwise he is going to beat you.

2 weeks in between games can be a long time to get cold.

Couple that with the fact that we would likely play Tom Brady who we don't match up well against his Patriots and a bye could do more harm than good.
                              Denver Broncos GM
                              Originally posted by Mosk
                              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Working...
                              X