Don't Overlook the Cleveland Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Overlook the Cleveland Browns

Regardless of what the scoreboard says when the game is over on Sunday, expect a tough game on the field. The Cleveland Browns are a tough team from a tough division and they have been building through the draft. They are built for cold weather and can run the ball and play solid D. They have nine good players on IR. TJ Ward may be out and Frostee Rucker is questionable. They won't feel intimidated at Mile High. This is the kind of game you want to come through in good shape, health-wise.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Big teams don't do well in the mile high air, if we can get a couple good series out of the offense early i expect the holes start to open up for knowshon
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Why are fans always warning other fans not to overlook a team? What's more: why are they saying we should be scared of a team?

I don't ask those questions in a pandering way; just curious. What we do or think as fans has no effect on the outcome of the game.

All in all I agree to an extent. Cleveland is a scrappy team who's beaten two playoff contenders; they have a good D, great return game, and can run the ball. Always makes for a tough contest. They are sorely lacking in QB play, however.

Comment

Sorry. There are several threads about the playoffs. Just thought I'd mention Sunday's game as a reminder that the regular season isn't over yet.

Comment

Yeah, was gna post, the team won't even if fans do...but I get your point they're not the typical Browns this year...still...no way on Earth they beat us

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            Yeah, was gna post, the team won't even if fans do...but I get your point they're not the typical Browns this year...still...no way on Earth they beat us
            John Fox and Co. have done an excellent job of keeping the team focused on the next opponent. There are experienced veterans strategically placed in each position group who will help sustain this focus and squelch any sign of overconfidence or lax attitude among the young players.

All I'm saying is that an NFL team is showing up at Mile High to play the Broncos on Sunday and they will be hitting as hard as they can regardless of what the scoreboard says.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              Why are fans always warning other fans not to overlook a team? What's more: why are they saying we should be scared of a team?

I don't ask those questions in a pandering way; just curious. What we do or think as fans has no effect on the outcome of the game.

All in all I agree to an extent. Cleveland is a scrappy team who's beaten two playoff contenders; they have a good D, great return game, and can run the ball. Always makes for a tough contest. They are sorely lacking in QB play, however.
              Do you have to come to EVERY thread with some sort of attitude?

Of course Sam knows he is talking to "fans". If you stick around these boards for a few more "days", you may come to learn that Sam is a former coach who knows more about football than the vast majority of us put together! He was obviously speaking to "fans" expectations.

These boards are full of fans thinking playoffs, seeding and Patriots.

"why are they saying we should be scared of a team?"

Odd that I remember a certain poster who started a thread warning that this team "will lose another game"! There was even an idiotic poll asking which game "it had to be" WITHOUT the option for NONE.

DOES THAT SOUND AT ALL FAMILIAR TO YOU? Take a good long look at the thread YOU started!

LINK: The Broncos Will Lose 1 More Game...

(Maybe Sam is simply picking Cleveland out of the only two options left to him now, given YOUR premise.)

Here is what you said: "I could see the Broncos dropping a game against Kansas City, or at Oakland." - DOOGANSQUEST.

Though he didn't actually pick it, I like Sam's option better.

Last edited by kevlar441; 12-18-2012, 04:44 AM.
              "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Because he's telling the truth,the Browns defense are good,despite their record....Joe Hayden is a beast at corner.....
                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I'm not overlooking this game. I'll carry out my same rediculous superstitious rituals throughout the game, and ensure victory.

Comment

The Browns suck. We'll win. Wish we had Richardson though.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                      Do you have to come to EVERY thread with some sort of attitude?

Of course Sam knows he is talking to "fans". If you stick around these boards for a few more "days", you may come to learn that Sam is a former coach who knows more about football than the vast majority of us put together! He was obviously speaking to "fans" expectations.

These boards are full of fans thinking playoffs, seeding and Patriots.

"why are they saying we should be scared of a team?"

Odd that I remember a certain poster who started a thread warning that this team "will lose another game"! There was even an idiotic poll asking which game "it had to be" WITHOUT the option for NONE.

DOES THAT SOUND AT ALL FAMILIAR TO YOU? Take a good long look at the thread YOU started!

LINK: The Broncos Will Lose 1 More Game...

(Maybe Sam is simply picking Cleveland out of the only two options left to him now, given YOUR premise.)

Here is what you said: "I could see the Broncos dropping a game against Kansas City, or at Oakland." - DOOGANSQUEST.

Though he didn't actually pick it, I like Sam's option better.

needed to be said...

Cleveland is a young team on the rise that's hungry for wins. It's not uncharacteristic for the Broncos to play down to lesser competition. We should beat them by 50, but the NFL often doesn't work like that.

Comment

Because some fan think that fan are the players, and they think playing Madden is going to help our chances next week. They assume if the fans don't underestimate the other teams, that mean the players wont. They don't understand even if we didn't the player still might.
                        Last edited by Chronoless; 12-18-2012, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          This is the kind of game you want to come through in good shape, health-wise.
                          My thoughts, exactly.

Comment

Cleveland is 7th in the league in sacks.

O-line has work to do this Sunday.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Every game is a tough game, the Browns have as good of a chance at beating the Broncos as any other team, but it's probably not going to happen. The Broncos have stopped the run extremely well all year long, they will do so again against the Browns, making Weeden a deer stuck in the headlights once he tries to open up the passing game. I don't think they will get blown wide open by the Broncos, but they aren't going to take it to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X