No announcement yet.

Don't Overlook the Cleveland Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will overlook the Browns all week long. They have been a competitive team all year long but they are still not a very good football team.

They just got shellacked at home by a team with a rookie qb making his first NFL start. And I don't want to hear about oh Kirk Cousins is good. Sure he may be but it was still his first career start in December on the road.

If this team cannot stay focused after the gift the Niners gave us and control both of these last two games against far inferior opponents then we not only don't deserve a bye but probably should not be considered a serioius playoff threat.

Sure Any given Sunday applies and they will scrap hard. But we are a better team than the Browns even if they were completely healthy. And it's a home game. So it really shouldn't even be close.

31-10 Broncos.
    sigpic

Comment

theyve been in every game this year their D is pretty good offense will have its hands full...the D as always needs stop the run first n then hopefully put the heat on weeden...

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Regardless of what the scoreboard says when the game is over on Sunday, expect a tough game on the field. The Cleveland Browns are a tough team from a tough division and they have been building through the draft. They are built for cold weather and can run the ball and play solid D. They have nine good players on IR. TJ Ward may be out and Frostee Rucker is questionable. They won't feel intimidated at Mile High. This is the kind of game you want to come through in good shape, health-wise.
        the name of the game stays the same. (i should quit my day job, huh? lol)

GET TO THE QB.

i look for VM and DOOM to have big games. the crowd should be going nuts at the start, at least. look for a tough game from the browns ground game, but if we can get up early on these guys we can step on their neck.

Comment

I'll say it for the umpteenth time.. any given Sunday....
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I agree Sam.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. One game at a time. Next: Cleveland.

Comment

Agreed with Sam

Priority #1A: Win
              Priority #1B: No injuries

Injuries could very easily be top priority seeing as we have a spot locked up in the tourney. Can't see Fox and Co putting one of our guys back on the field if they come up lame after a play.
              Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Weeden's going to give Peyton a couple extra drives. If Ward is out, that's huge. I really don't think these guys are going to be able to run the ball on the Broncos. They don't run block very well. You just have to gang tackle Richardson, and stop him from getting loose. He's a nightmare for db's. I don't want to see Rahim have to tackle this dude ten yards past the LOS with a head of steam.

The one thing the Browns do well is throw to the tight ends down the seam. They do the typical west coast stuff well too. Post routes off of play action, stuff like that. Weeden is pretty accurate throwing crossing routes or passes where the route develops right in front of him. He sucks at throwing outside the hash marks. And I think our corners can handle all of that. His deep balls are 50/50 as far as accuracy goes. It's like spin the wheel and see where it lands. So I'm not worried there either. Can't wait to see Hayden and Thomas go at it. If that ends up being the match up.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Regardless of what the scoreboard says when the game is over on Sunday, expect a tough game on the field. The Cleveland Browns are a tough team from a tough division and they have been building through the draft. They are built for cold weather and can run the ball and play solid D. They have nine good players on IR. TJ Ward may be out and Frostee Rucker is questionable. They won't feel intimidated at Mile High. This is the kind of game you want to come through in good shape, health-wise.
                  Whateva Whateva I do what I want!

In all seriousness though I don't think Fox and company will be overlooking anyone as they have made sure to look only at the next week throughout the season.
                  sigpic

Comment

In past years I would have agreed with you ... but with the present coaching staff, the leadership of Peyton Manning, I don't think it's even an issue this year. No sir, these guys are focused and aren't treating any team lightly. I said earlier in the season, they were a work in progress ... they continue to be that and will continue to be right through the playoffs. They've come a long way baby and their going to go a long way!

:thumb:

Comment

I understand the any given sunday mantra...but this isnt our Bronco teams of old..the Browns are scrappy but ultimately have beaten the horrible bottom dwellers of the afc west and the steelers and bengals each once..those are division games tho and are always close especially in the AFC North. Personally I think we wipe the floor.

Comment

No injuries and Oline, please protect Manning.

Score enough to win.
                        Team Broncos!
                        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by BIGB83 View Post
                          I understand the any given sunday mantra...but this isnt our Bronco teams of old..the Browns are scrappy but ultimately have beaten the horrible bottom dwellers of the afc west and the steelers and bengals each once..those are division games tho and are always close especially in the AFC North. Personally I think we wipe the floor.
                          That would be ideal.

Comment

its Joe HADEN for those wondering and have mispelled his name 3 times already, not Hayden. As a fellow Browns fan too, it about as frustrating when people say Dumerville.

Anyways, I have watched every Browns and Broncos game this year and this one is going to be similar to last weeks loss against the Redskins. I will say the Browns hardly ever get blown out. Look at the scores of their games before last week. It seemed like we were in every game until the last qtr and didnt seem to make a play to end it so we would always lose by 3 or 7. They are one of those teams you could look at and say wow, if they just made one more play a game they could be 8-6 or 9-5 right now.

Dont worry about the Browns offense, its garbage and T-rich only has a little over 100 yards rushing over the last 3 games. However, he is a monster in the redzone and has 12 TDs this year. Weeden is hit or miss and even if he hits, its still nowhere close to being elite. His great game is Peytons average game, so even if he does play well, they still wont score more then 24 pts. With denver at home, I think we can score more on that.

If Ward is out, Knowshon better be thanking the heavens because he is a nightmare in the box and coming up to stop the run.Hes like a knock off Brian Dawkings in his prime.

Joe Haden is the single most underrated DB in the league, he deserves to be in the pro bowl 2/3 years hes been in the league. It will be fun to watch him and DT, Hes one of the faster DBs in the leage and has great recovery speed along with being extremely physical for a corner.

Harris will shut down Little because only does well against small DBs.

Basically, I see the Broncos Defense at home disrupting Weeden A LOT, but if the Browns D is healthy, I dont think the offense will blow them out, they are great at causing turnovers and keeping the offense in the game. The lopsidedness comes when the Browns O vs Broncos D, I dont see the Browns putting up more then 17.

Treid to make that non biased, just my take.
                            Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I expect us to win but I expect to win every game. Didn't last week's loss cost the Browns any chance at the playoffs? If so I could see them coming out flat.

I gotta say for as well as we've played the fan base has an unusual amount of people who are worried week to week. We're a good team be confident. Yeah any given Sunday but we're not beating teams with smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
                                I expect us to win but I expect to win every game. Didn't last week's loss cost the Browns any chance at the playoffs? If so I could see them coming out flat.

I gotta say for as well as we've played the fan base has an unusual amount of people who are worried week to week. We're a good team be confident. Yeah any given Sunday but we're not beating teams with smoke and mirrors.
                                Couldn't agree more with this.

We're a GOOD football team. We're beating teams in all phases of the game and we've still YET to put four quarters together. We get better every week and we're still winning by an average of 13 points. What is the deal with all of this hand wringing?
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X