No announcement yet.

This..I just can't even... (NFL.com PR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This..I just can't even... (NFL.com PR)

I know PR are nothing to get TOO worked up for..but seriously????

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-from-patriots

Beating New England at their place is extremely difficult. But, I do understand your frustration.... The first half 49er are probably the ones they're talking about, but the second half, not so much.

The media loves the 49ers and the Pats.

But either way, I never would've expected the Broncos to even possibly be 13-3 this year with a 9 game winning streak.
    I like flying under the radar anyways.

Comment

My favorite part is where they say SF is a more well rounded team than the Broncos.

I'm sorry, but just about everyone knows that Denver might be the most balanced team in the league, considering all three phases.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

^ yeah that part made me smh as well...especially the way they said it as if it's fact

Comment

Who's flying under the radar? Broncos? Hardly.

No TEAM is or will underestimate them. No TEAM will look at an article, blog review, or list of power rankings and make a decision based on that.

Only the fans will ignore certain teams. The Broncos aren't flying under anybody's radar, and even if they were, it wouldn't affect the outcome of important games.

Comment

I'm perfectly fine with the Broncos being ranked anywhere from 1 to 5. On one hand, we haven't really beaten anyone except for the decimated Ravens. On the other, a 9 game win streak in the NFL is insanely difficult to do no matter who your opponents are.

Regardless of what these rankings say now, if the Broncos win out, we are big favorites to beat whoever has to come to Denver in January, and that is all that really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalAvsFan View Post
              I know PR are nothing to get TOO worked up for..but seriously????

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-from-patriots
              It's just one expert's power ranking (Elliot Harrison). Combined (a panel of 13 NFL.com experts), we're #3. Hope that helps.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ts-trade-spots (Shaun O'Hara has us 1st)
              Last edited by BroncosDivision; 12-18-2012, 11:38 AM.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

NFL.com is against the Broncos, but thats fine, we don't mind staying under the radar and winning it all in the end.

The argument vs the Broncos is the teams beat us. but why isn't Panther > Falcons? Arizona > PAT? Rams > SF? GB > Texan? why? At least we were the only team beaten by top 5 teams. The Falcon, PAT, SF, Texan were beaten by wrost than top 5 teams on the poll some of which aren't even top 10. Yea I'm looking at the PAT, falcon, SF.
                Last edited by Chronoless; 12-18-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Combined record of teams that have beaten the Patriots: 33-22-1
                  Combined record of teams that have beaten the Texans: 21-6
                  Combined record of teams that have beaten the Broncos: 34-6
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I dont get caught up in the power rankings,but that is kinda disrespectful.However, i dont mind being the underdog.

Comment

Combined record of teams that have beaten the Patriots at home: 15-12-1
                      Combined record of teams that have beaten the Broncos at home: 12-2
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

There's just no logic in their argument for the Broncos' placement.

Comment

who cares what they say? as long as we take care of our business we will be ranked #1 in the world by February.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunda View Post
                            Beating New England at their place is extremely difficult. But, I do understand your frustration.... The first half 49er are probably the ones they're talking about, but the second half, not so much.

The media loves the 49ers and the Pats.

But either way, I never would've expected the Broncos to even possibly be 13-3 this year with a 9 game winning streak.
                            I like flying under the radar anyways.
                            Let me just clear up, I'm not upset at the 49rs placement at 1 (even though it's a bit odd with their recent qb situation)

My issue is that he
                            A) Ranked us 5th!?
                            B) Down ranked us after beating a team that was just a couple weeks ago number 2 in the conference and like the pats, rarely loses home games.

Its one guy, but still, the head NFL website plasters it to its front page, giving it some sort of fan importance.

Comment

The biggest problem I have is not that the Broncos are at #5, it's how they justify that ranking. Denver lost to the three teams above them? Fair enough. By that logic, the 49ers shouldn't be #1 because they tied and lost to a bottom ranked team in the Rams.

See how that works?

Comment

Working...
                              X