Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This..I just can't even... (NFL.com PR)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I miss The Rocky Mountain News.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      I miss The Rocky Mountain News.
      Yeah I grew up on The Rocky Mountain News. My dad used to always bring one home when he went back to Denver on a business trip. I was very dissapointed when they shut down because in my eyes growing up they were always the bigger newspaper. So I didn't understand how it was the Denver Post that survived.

      I guess that was naive thinking?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Denver is considered a small market. I know specifically that every other sports team in the town is considered small market.

        Don't see why they would be considered any different just because they have a richer tradition and more money.

        It's small market because it isn't very media driven. I mean we don't even have our own ESPNenver yet. I don't think tv ratings are driven very high by Broncos Super Bowl appearences either. Although I suppose that could be different with Manning now.
        Denver is a medium market. In comparison, Indy is a small market. They discussed on The Fan the contrast for Peyton with the amount of media at his press conferences from what he was used to. It is like night and day.

        Geographically, Denver has no other nearby NFL teams. Lots of these geographic regions are part of the Denver market, not just Denver.

        Last edited by Lomax; 12-19-2012, 01:00 PM.
        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #64
          The Rocky Mountain News was easy to read at the breakfast table, on a bus, train or plane. It was Colorado's oldest newspaper.
          Last edited by samparnell; 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Lomax View Post
            Denver is a medium market. In comparison, Indy is a small market. They discussed on The Fan the contrast for Peyton with the amount of media at his press conferences from what he was used to. It is like night and day.

            Geographically, Denver has no other nearby NFL teams. Lots of these geographic regions are part of the Denver market, not just Denver.

            The Broncos get a lot of coverage because the town is in a craze over them and rich tradition. However in every other aspect of professional sports it's small market.

            And once again it's not based on the fan reach. It's how much media coverage is in the town. Now they may have more coverage than Indy but compare it to a Romo post game interview or Eli in NY or Kobe in Chicago. It pales in comparison.

            I may could go with medium market as you heard it described but for the Broncos only. Not as an entire sports town.

            Also I appreciate that geographic chart. I knew there was more teams in the East than West but man does that chart really put things into persepective. I mean you have 4 teams in a line straight down from Minnesota to Houston. Then only 5 teams total west of that? It's unbelievable when you see it on a chart like that. Especially when three of them are all in California.

            No wonder there is an East coast bias in sports. I would like to see this same chart for all sports. It's almost depressing really.

            I'd like to see maybe Portland, Utah City and Vegas get a team and kind of even that out a little bit. Probably never gonna happen but wow.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #66
              Im not going to complain about being listed at #5. For one, who cares? Second, I think San Fran deserves the #1 spot this week. And the guy is right, the other 3 teams above us did beat us this year. It doesn't matter that is was the beginning of the year, and Peyton was still adjusting, and we had a new D-coordinator, and on and on and on.........

              Those threee teams still beat us, until we beat them I don't mind being ranked below them. It is what it is. Come January, we will let the Broncos do the talking.

              Comment


              • #67
                Elliot Harrison is the dumbest man ever to talk football he should palm slap him self he lets his mom down every second he takes a breath

                Comment


                • #68
                  I do like this page. It shows the average ranking from all of the sites that rank the teams. And now the Broncos have the most sites that have them number 1. 7 out of 11 have them ranked at number 1. I Think its funny how so many of the Texans fans think they are the best thing and that they are much better than the broncos because they barely beat us in the beginning of the season. The funny thing is none of the polls have them ranked at number 1. http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/20/3...nkings-week-16

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Just as frustrating is doing anything at the NFL.com website if you have an older computer. You get to wait forever for it to load because of ADS. Oh well, I guess I could ask for my money back......

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      My favorite part is where they say SF is a more well rounded team than the Broncos.

                      I'm sorry, but just about everyone knows that Denver might be the most balanced team in the league, considering all three phases.
                      OK. Lets give the 49ers the fact that they are more well rounded. I'd rather be MORE WELL BALANCED.

                      This guy is well rounded too! Balanced? Not so much....

                      http://preview.tinyurl.com/cr7q3g8
                      Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
                        OK. Lets give the 49ers the fact that they are more well rounded. I'd rather be MORE WELL BALANCED.

                        This guy is well rounded too! Balanced? Not so much....

                        http://preview.tinyurl.com/cr7q3g8
                        Some warning maybe??

                        Omg my eyes .

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Listened to Elliot Harrison who did this power ranking and I can see his points. We lost to the three teams above us, and regarding the niners if they lost Kaepernick tomorrow they'd still be a good team. If we lost Manning, well...I wouldn't like to think about that.

                          We're getting a lot of love in other rankings. Some even have us number one. It's all opinion.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                            Listened to Elliot Harrison who did this power ranking and I can see his points. We lost to the three teams above us, and regarding the niners if they lost Kaepernick tomorrow they'd still be a good team. If we lost Manning, well...I wouldn't like to think about that.

                            We're getting a lot of love in other rankings. Some even have us number one. It's all opinion.
                            Right, but consider who teams above the Broncos lost to:

                            Carolina, New Orleans, Arizona, St. Louis...

                            A slew of world beaters, eh? If anything, Denver has the BEST looking losses of anyone in the NFL, and they came early in the season when this team had huge questions.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I don't get too excited about rankings. I've found that by February all the sport writers an columnist have their rankings for who is #1 correct.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                The Broncos get a lot of coverage because the town is in a craze over them and rich tradition. However in every other aspect of professional sports it's small market.

                                And once again it's not based on the fan reach. It's how much media coverage is in the town. Now they may have more coverage than Indy but compare it to a Romo post game interview or Eli in NY or Kobe in Chicago. It pales in comparison.

                                I may could go with medium market as you heard it described but for the Broncos only. Not as an entire sports town.

                                Also I appreciate that geographic chart. I knew there was more teams in the East than West but man does that chart really put things into persepective. I mean you have 4 teams in a line straight down from Minnesota to Houston. Then only 5 teams total west of that? It's unbelievable when you see it on a chart like that. Especially when three of them are all in California.

                                No wonder there is an East coast bias in sports. I would like to see this same chart for all sports. It's almost depressing really.

                                I'd like to see maybe Portland, Utah City and Vegas get a team and kind of even that out a little bit. Probably never gonna happen but wow.
                                NFL's DMA concludes that Denver is a medium market (no. 18 overall, all major sports franchises combined), Indianapolis, New Orleans and Green Bay (no. 70) are small markets.
                                Last edited by BroncosDivision; 12-21-2012, 08:26 AM.
                                Adopted Poster
                                AZ Snake Fan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X