McGahee trade value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGahee trade value?

Considering that Knowshon has been playing significantly well and if he continues to do so during the playoffs, do we trade Willis? I know his trade value won't be so high coming off an injury but if he does get reactivated in the playoffs and shows strong signs of his downhill hard running, should we make this move in the off-season to a team like the Jets (just like how they got L.T. from the chargers in the latter part of his career)? I am in no means comparing Willis to L.T., but just the similar stages of the latter part of their careers.

Hopefully, we can thrive off a duo emergence of Knowshon/Ronnie and possibly get a 4/5th round draft pick for Willis, why not?

I don't think we'd ever trade him unless somebody knocks our socks of for a player his age, meaning a 4th rd pick or above. I think this current FO would show him enough respect to just release him and let him choose his next team.
    sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope we don't trade him. As well as Knowshon has been playing (since he got his shot to be the starter again), I'm still nervous about him regressing to the "bad Knowshon," and would therefore rather keep Willis on the roster until he retires, or is ineffective.

I have been very impressed with Knowshon's recent play, though, and as one of his biggest critics, I'm happy to eat some crow on the subject of his effectiveness.
      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
      sigpic

Comment

No. simple as that. Why is it every time someone gets hurt or something small happens we always bring up the "TRADE" thing, if fans had it their way DT would of been gone at the start of the season, and KM too. What next? We have should trade Champ because he is getting old?
        Last edited by Chronoless; 12-19-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Too old to trade. A player like that you just release as a F/A and let them go where they want. LT wasn't traded he was released as well. He's not worth a draft pick anymore. And that's not a knock, but 30+ RB's coming off knee injuries and leg fractures have practically zero value in the trade market.
          #swapping

Comment

We need both of them. They've proven that they can step up when injuries hit and they are too valuable to us imo. Hillman is still learning.

Comment

I think if the past few years are any indication of Moreno's potential, we can't count on him to be a full time starter. I'm highly encouraged by his performance the last 3 weeks but I don't think you can declare him the savior at this point. He's been injured and had fumbling problems in the past, and even when healthy and holding onto the ball he was not able to consistantly gain yards up the middle. Now, the last 3 weeks he has performed really well and if he can keep it up I'd like to see him re-signed and share carries with McGahee.

I really wish we would have drafted a Doug Martin / Alfred Morris type instead of Hillman, in which case I would have said you could at least listen to offers for McGahee, but honestly I want to see McGahee retire a Bronco.

Comment

his trade value is nil
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                  No. simple as that. Why is it every time someone gets hurt or something small happens we always bring up the "TRADE" thing, if fans had it their way DT would of been gone at the start of the season, and KM too. What next? We have should trade Champ because he is getting old?
                  Well, every time a player goes on IR, the Broncos ask them to take a pay cut (Vickerson and Ty Warren) D.J. got suspended and the Broncos asked him to restructure his contract, and i'm expecting the same for Joe Mays.
                  sigpic

Comment

We are talking about a 31 year old RB coming off a knee injury. His trade value is zero and I'm sure his production will considerably decrease next year. Just look at him last year and this year.......age is catching up to him.
                    sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Allot of people have said what I feel so let me put it another way

Let's go to the extreme on this

Let's look at a better younger RB who also can not find a way to stay healthy 16 games

What would u give up for McFadden? Maybe the best often hurt RB in the NFL

Now that you have established the high value for a often hurt RB now go to one who is not as talented and older

What do you really think we can get for McGahee and do u think that would be better then having McGahee on the team?

The answer is obviously do not trade him imo
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                        I was about to say this.....
                        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I'd rather just keep him, and go with Moreno/McGahee/Hillman, and FA/draft pick next year at RB.

McGahee can still be effective especially with much lesser carries.

Comment

Originally posted by el capitan View Post
                            We need both of them. They've proven that they can step up when injuries hit and they are too valuable to us imo. Hillman is still learning.
                            This.

To add to the fact that we need a double dose and it will only help us in the playoffs and going forward.

Yes, WM has had a few fumbles but that should be corrected, c'mon he knows this, and he wouldn't be in the NFL for this long if he was a real problem. My real point is, IDK, I just see WM get those really really tough yards. He makes negative plays into pick ups of 3 yards. I just don't see that, or maybe trust is a better word w/ KM, hope he proves me wrong.

I cannot comment on next year. I think a lot of it depends on how KM does in the playoffs. I think our RB looks the same, maybe less Ball (contract?).

What I am really looking forward to is the playoffs, hopefully WM will be back and KM will be hitting the holes and trailblazing. Exciting combo if you ask me. Hopefully Hillman is saving that breakaway TD for the right opportunity to nail the coffin into the Pats

In short, trade WM, no way.

Comment

That ball security has been addressed is evidenced by the Ravens' D repeatedly tearing at the ball in vain.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X