Playoff Endzones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Endzones

Painting the end zones for the playoffs is something the Broncos have done throughout the history of the organization. Not always, but a great many times, they have.

For the record, when the Broncos have painted the end zones either solid orange or blue for a playoff game, we've won every time. When they don't, the record isn't nearly so sterling.

Let's dress up for the playoffs this year!

YES! I WANT ORANGE & BLUE ENDZONES FOR THE PLAYOFFS!
    93.75%
    NO..i'm lame.
    6.25%

I never noticed that. I wouldn't mind that.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I guess the extra layer of paint wont matter because when Decker trips over it he will already be in the end zone

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
        I guess the extra layer of paint wont matter because when Decker trips over it he will already be in the end zone
        That made me laugh....

Also, I didn't know about the painted end zones but, if it's a fact, then we need to do it all the time!

Comment

Im just glad they dont have those stupid ass boring stripes anymore
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
            OMG. I almost spit up my coffee......... That is funny. CP TO YA...:thumb:
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

PAINT THEM ORANGE!!!!!!!! If they were blue all of our uniforms would change from orange to blue after all the touchdowns we score.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I would love this! We should tweet Elway and get him to make it happen!? they would look even more bad ass with modern day HD television! Paint the endzones orange! Tell all the fans to wear orange! And give out orange rally towels again! That would be so intimidating to the opposing team! I wish NFL this more, teams in the NBA Playoff's always do it! It Just makes the game much more intense and entertaining! So really someone should tweet Elway about this! ZThat's how we got the switch to orange in the first place right!?

Comment

Doing it like the bottom picture would be best, never noticed it tho...cool stuff, it'd be cool to do it for sure

Comment

I liked the diamond pattern we had while McDaniels was here. One of the few things he got right (if he had anything to do with it). I am excited to see if our end zones will change come playoff time.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                      I liked the diamond pattern we had while McDaniels was here. One of the few things he got right (if he had anything to do with it). I am excited to see if our end zones will change come playoff time.
                      That was disgustingly awful.

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                        That was disgustingly awful.
                        I agree. Freakin terrible.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                          Doing it like the bottom picture would be best, never noticed it tho...cool stuff, it'd be cool to do it for sure
                          I would say use the bottom picture as a reference but make it orange. Thankfully Blue is no longer our main color. Make the whole stadium as orange as possible
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                            McDaniels had zero to do with this.

If you'll remember, McDaniels' first year was 2010, the 50-year anniversary of the creation of the AFL. So, the original AFL teams wanted to make that season a year-long tribute to the AFL days. You'll definitely remember the ultra-throwbacks that we wore in the Patriots and San Diego games (both wins!), and the other AFL-original teams did similarly, complete with the sweet red-stripped referee uniforms, too!

The Broncos decided to take it a step further, and use the endzones as an extension of this celebration for all home games. As such, each game was painted with a different style from the past, with diamonds, stripes, colored diamonds, etc. It wasn't just some stupid thing that someone thought up in 2010, it was looking back and remembering some stupid thing that someone did in the past!

Also, I thought it was cool. Trying to look for the article in whcih I read this . . .
                            Broncos Quotes:

"I don't care about money. I don't care about, 'Oh, you are a superstar. You are a celebrity.' To me, all that is crap, I just care about winning." --- Rod Smith

"I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon…if I can." --- Floyd Little

"It's all over fat man!" --- Tom Jackson, to John Madden (1977 AFC Championship game)sigpic

Comment

Here we go:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-acc8e62813e9
                              Broncos Quotes:

"I don't care about money. I don't care about, 'Oh, you are a superstar. You are a celebrity.' To me, all that is crap, I just care about winning." --- Rod Smith

"I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon…if I can." --- Floyd Little

"It's all over fat man!" --- Tom Jackson, to John Madden (1977 AFC Championship game)sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X