Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AND texans fans are very confident too.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Kris Kuper will be back. JJ Watt was going up against Manny Ramirez in that game.
    Yep, we need him badly

Comment

Originally posted by ManningForLife View Post
      Arian Foster and Andre Johnson will be handled by our defense. Even if give them few plays, its fine.

But if they constantly get to Manning and disrupt him, we are in trouble. Hence J.J.Watt.
      This is pure assumptions just like assuming J.J. Watt can constantly get to the QB.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume we can shut down Johnson or Foster any better than anyone else this year.

Even if you think our defense is improved from the first time (which I would not argue) it doesn't change the fact that those guys are major threats that could make game changing plays just as Watts can. To assume otherwise is ridiculous.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
        This year reminds me of the 97 team that beat Green Bay in the Superbowl. We lost some real tough games during the season on our way to the playoffs. We get our redemption during the playoffs!
        New England, Houston, and then Atlanta in the super bowl. It's like the revenge tour all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          This is pure assumptions just like assuming J.J. Watt can constantly get to the QB.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume we can shut down Johnson or Foster any better than anyone else this year.

Even if you think our defense is improved from the first time (which I would not argue) it doesn't change the fact that those guys are major threats that could make game changing plays just as Watts can. To assume otherwise is ridiculous.

Buddy, you got to read carefully.

I am saying, even if Foster and Johnson make few big plays, we should be ok.

However, we cant survive if Manning is hammered constantly.

Comment

Why is everyone so concerned with what the other fan bases being confident in their teams? Why is it so much more ridiculous for them to be confident than any of us are? I think the Broncos will beat anyone and everyone they face the rest of the year. Does that make me ridiculous and disrespectful to the other teams?

Both New England and Houston handled us even though we almost came back. Yes I'm aware of the fact that we were a very rusty developing team at that point. But the fact remains they both beat us. So why oh why should either of their fan bases fear us? Why should they not be confident that they can win and get to the super bowl?

Of course Houston fans would rather play us than New England. They beat us and just got flat smoked by the Pats. I would fear the Pats more too after that beat down. In fact I do fear them more than Houston.

These boards have become filled with talk of what other fans think and there is even a thread about the Pats fans not wanting to play Pittsburgh. Who cares? It's just fan talk. The teams will play it out on the field in January.

1. Houston is 12-2 and a SB contender. Their fans have every right to be confident they can be in NO in February.
            2. Denver is 11-3 and a SB contender. Their fans have every right to be confident they can be in NO in February.
            3. Pats are 10-4 and a SB contender. Their fans have every right to be confident they can be in NO in February.

It's not disrespect to any other team. It's just confidence the same way we all are with the Broncos.

**P.S. that Dallas fan is an idiot though. We would smoke the Cowgirls and they probably won't even make the playoffs. 9 defensive players on IR. They are lucky to be treading water. So what they beat two average AFC North teams the past two weeks.
            This guy gets it, unlike most of you. Fans have a right to be confident in their team. Thats what makes us fans.

Comment

Why is everyone so concerned with what the other fan bases being confident in their teams? Why is it so much more ridiculous for them to be confident than any of us are? I think the Broncos will beat anyone and everyone they face the rest of the year. Does that make me ridiculous and disrespectful to the other teams?

Both New England and Houston handled us even though we almost came back. Yes I'm aware of the fact that we were a very rusty developing team at that point. But the fact remains they both beat us. So why oh why should either of their fan bases fear us? Why should they not be confident that they can win and get to the super bowl?

Of course Houston fans would rather play us than New England. They beat us and just got flat smoked by the Pats. I would fear the Pats more too after that beat down. In fact I do fear them more than Houston.

These boards have become filled with talk of what other fans think and there is even a thread about the Pats fans not wanting to play Pittsburgh. Who cares? It's just fan talk. The teams will play it out on the field in January.

1. Houston is 12-2 and a SB contender. Their fans have every right to be confident they can be in NO in February.
              2. Denver is 11-3 and a SB contender. Their fans have every right to be confident they can be in NO in February.
              3. Pats are 10-4 and a SB contender. Their fans have every right to be confident they can be in NO in February.

It's not disrespect to any other team. It's just confidence the same way we all are with the Broncos.

**P.S. that Dallas fan is an idiot though. We would smoke the Cowgirls and they probably won't even make the playoffs. 9 defensive players on IR. They are lucky to be treading water. So what they beat two average AFC North teams the past two weeks.
              I brought the issue up with the Pats believing that they will walk all over us in Denver rather than them wanting to play Pittsburgh because I seriously don't understand why they see them more of a threat than us since I think we are a better team, not because Pats fans don't have the right to be confident in their team. When I listen to the media in Boston, they completely dismiss us and I don't understand why so I was really asking a football question here.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                I brought the issue up with the Pats believing that they will walk all over us in Denver rather than them wanting to play Pittsburgh because I seriously don't understand why they see them more of a threat than us since I think we are a better team, not because Pats fans don't have the right to be confident in their team. When I listen to the media in Boston, they completely dismiss us and I don't understand why so I was really asking a football question here.
                My response is mainly in frustration to the fact that there is currently three or four threads going on right now regarding what other fan bases are thinking. I just don't understand why people let it get to them so much. It doesn't matter if the fans respect us as long as the team does. And I hope the team does overlook us and then we catch them off guard and win.

I don't have any problem with their fans thinking we would be an easy win. Even compared to Pittsburgh. Yes we are better than the Steelers this year but you have to realize most fans base their reactions over recurring history not just this season.

Fact is regardless of how good Pittsburgh is this year they have a solid history the past 7 years and have been 1 of the few defenses proving they are capable of shutting down that high tempo offense. It's the name they fear not this particular team. Noone in their right mind ever wants to play Pittsburgh in the playoffs. They have a huge history of luck and officiating on their side. Plus they just darn show up at the right time.

On the other hand even though we are a great team right now on a huge streak and much improved since week 5, we still have 3 consecutive games where we were helpless against the Patriots offense. We may be vastly improved but until we do it on the football field there is no reason for their fans not to look at the past 3 games against the Broncos and not be licking their chops.
                sigpic

Comment

Not trying to be rude or anything but are you a texans fan or a Broncos fan bro? From your responses its not really clear.
                  http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward View Post
                    Not trying to be rude or anything but are you a texans fan or a Broncos fan bro? From your responses its not really clear.
                    Do you understand the english language bro? From your response it's not really clear.

I used several words such as we and our in reference to the Broncos and their ability to shut down these three players.

And what? because I'm a Broncos fan I have to be naive and stupid about the talent of other teams such as the Texans?

Show me once in any of my responses where I said I thought we would lose? That's right I didn't.

I merely stated that it's ridiculous to think that J.J. Watt is the only threat the Texans have that could impact a rematch between us and them. I stand by that statement and that doesn't not make me any less of a Broncos fan than anyone else on these boards.
                    sigpic

Comment

My response is mainly in frustration to the fact that there is currently three or four threads going on right now regarding what other fan bases are thinking. I just don't understand why people let it get to them so much. It doesn't matter if the fans respect us as long as the team does. And I hope the team does overlook us and then we catch them off guard and win.

I don't have any problem with their fans thinking we would be an easy win. Even compared to Pittsburgh. Yes we are better than the Steelers this year but you have to realize most fans base their reactions over recurring history not just this season.

Fact is regardless of how good Pittsburgh is this year they have a solid history the past 7 years and have been 1 of the few defenses proving they are capable of shutting down that high tempo offense. It's the name they fear not this particular team. Noone in their right mind ever wants to play Pittsburgh in the playoffs. They have a huge history of luck and officiating on their side. Plus they just darn show up at the right time.

On the other hand even though we are a great team right now on a huge streak and much improved since week 5, we still have 3 consecutive games where we were helpless against the Patriots offense. We may be vastly improved but until we do it on the football field there is no reason for their fans not to look at the past 3 games against the Broncos and not be licking their chops.

Thanks Denverblood, that helps.

Comment

Thanks Denverblood, that helps.

Comment

Do you understand the english language bro? From your response it's not really clear.

I used several words such as we and our in reference to the Broncos and their ability to shut down these three players.

And what? because I'm a Broncos fan I have to be naive and stupid about the talent of other teams such as the Texans?

Show me once in any of my responses where I said I thought we would lose? That's right I didn't.

I merely stated that it's ridiculous to think that J.J. Watt is the only threat the Texans have that could impact a rematch between us and them. I stand by that statement and that doesn't not make me any less of a Broncos fan than anyone else on these boards.
                          Whoa, whoa, whoa, DenverBlood hold your horses brotha, dont be so defensive. As the original person who created this post I can see we've gotten off topic. First of all the post was not meant to bash other fans for being confident, we all are confident. I was pointing out how these brand new fair weather texans fans have been overlooking the obvious in regard to how good their team really is (see the comments about the jags/texans, texans/bears, texans/lions games). I also mentioned that they dont fear the Denver Broncos and now that Im thinking about it they really dont respect us either. I live here in Houston, you can ask anyone and they will tell you that I rep the Orange and Blue all day, every day, til I DIE, so I know first hand how these fans feel about our team. I hear it on the radio daily, I hear it at work, I hear it at the bar, I hear it EVERYWHERE. When I say they dont respect our team I mean that they dont respect our history. The texans have won 1 playoff game in their existence (10 seasons) but their fans feel as if they are on our level as far as history is concerned. They're still the new kids on the block, we arent! We've been here and done this playoff thing more times then they can even fathom. So when you think of it at the end of the day its not about a fans confidence. Its about respect. Thats where I was coming from in the original post.
                          http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            As a Pats fan, I can assure you that no one actually believes that Denver is a "cakewalk". In fact, I'm admitting that you'll probably be our toughest opponent, assuming that we meet either in the divisional or conference match(es). And, of course I believe that no NFL team actually underestimates their opponent. Any given Sunday right?

Also, we're seeing the Steelers and Ravens as a threat because we know what those two teams are capable of. They always play us tough, whether on the road or at home. Not to mention that those two teams play physical football that can leave us bruised and battered. As much as I dislike the Steelers and Ravens, and as much as I enjoy their fall, I have to say that they still play us as hard as ever. You never know. Records in the regular season means moot once the playoff starts. As far as I know, we're all 0-0 when the playoffs begin.

Comment

I'm not so sure the Texans will beat Indy or Baltimore in the divisional round. Either way, all we need to worry about is taking care of business the next 2 weeks, then preparing for New England like our lives depended on it. We'll deal with Houston when the time comes!

Comment

Good luck with that. Their defense is overrated. I think Denver could beat them again. NE WILL beat them if they meet. If, by some miracle, Houston actually makes the Super Bowl, I think the NFC team will trounce them. Especially Atlanta or Green Bay, probably San Francisco.
                                If New England can shut down their Offense, so can we.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X