Patriots Fans Don't Want to Play Pittsburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots Fans Don't Want to Play Pittsburg

The fans up here in Boston are more afraid of having to face Pittsburgh in the wildcard than having to face us in Denver in the Divisional Round. They think if they face them it will really hurt their chances of moving on. If they do move on they believe, and the sports announcers concur, that they will just blow right through Denver.

I don't understand this thinking. Why do they think we are so beatable and the Steelers pose a more significant threat to their chances. Can someone explain why? I definitely think the Steelers will be harder to beat than Cincy so I'm praying that they win, but why do they think the Steelers are much harder than us? Any thoughts?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Not sure why they would prefer to play the Steelers over us but I would rather see the Steelers get in as well

I have more confidence in Pitt or even Baltimore going in to New England and winning than Cinci

Comment

To put it simply, Patriots fans aren't the smartest. After watching Tony Romo torch Josh Victorian (no one else knows him either) sunday, they should want the Steelers.

Comment

You know one thing I've noticed about Pats fans is that a lot of them are BLIND. They have their Patriot shades on and don't really want to acknowledge anyone else. I live in Oregon and its crazy that some of my closest friends are Pats fans but have no history of them prior to their 3 SB runs. I just find it amusing really. It's all good though cause I know deep down on the inside they don't wanna go through Peyton. I think most of them just hold a grudge against the Manning last name and all of us know why that is .

I'm over these stupid discussions though because I can't wait to rub it in their faces come January!!

Comment

I wouldn't want the Steelers either. When they get healthier they can be dangerous, they already are with Big Ben and his efficiency in the playoffs. He's been to three SBs after all.

Comment

I really don't care what any Patriot fan thinks

I all so don't care who we play as I believe we can beat anyone on any field...

Don't listen to me as I am just a full blooded Broncos Fan that refuses to think we can be beat by anyone until it happens. lol
            We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

They seem to be stuck in the past...they don't realize how damn good we are...unfortunately the people that matter, the Pats players and coaches, do know how damn good we are

NOBODY in the NFL wants to play the Broncos in the playoffs...NOBODY...because they actually watch our film and go "oh damn"

Comment

Maybe I am wrong here but don't the Pats own Pitt? Even when Pitt's D was great NE would just spread them out and beat them.

Comment

What gets me though is that it also is coming from the sports announcers as well.. that they will just walk all over Denver but fear the Steelers. You should listen to the sports radio up here in Boston. It's putrid.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

These were my thoughts. If anyone in the AFC outside of us has a chance to defeat the Pats it is the Steelers. With an explosive offensive and Big Ben back a few games from injury. On top of them being able to get most of their players back that have been injured I think they could be a real threat to the Pats with their defense and not to mention their big play ability against a secondary known for biting on short routes. I want Pitt to sneak in at the 6th, Pats get the 3rd. At worst, the Steelers play their hearts out and bang up someone of the pats players making our matchup with them a bit easier. If the Steelers win they obviously play the Texans and we play either baltimore or the Colts. I'm hoping it goes:

Pitt vs Houstion
                    Denver vs Colts

I don't know if Houston will handle to the Steelers if they are playing like they are capable of.

Pitt vs Denver a rematch of the first round knock out and early in the season match up.

Comment

Probably because the Pats' scheme has been our Achilles heal in recent years. They haven't seen anything to fear other than what we've done to other teams.

Comment

Whatever the fans think elsewhere, we're going to the Super Bowl. :thumb:
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The easy answer is simply history. The last few times the Patriots have played the Broncos they have torched them, even with Peyton. So in their mind they should be able to walk right through the Broncos. To the contrary, the Steelers have been contenders almost every year as of late.
                          ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

But the Patriots have an absolutely STERLING record against the Steelers over the past decade. Not so much against Peyton.

@KoolBreeze: That game was a McGahee fumble away from being completely different. They could have punched it in with time, and the Patriots hadn't moved the ball in 2 quarters.

Tom Brady has lol'd the Steelers his entire career.
                            Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-21-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                              The easy answer is simply history. The last few times the Patriots have played the Broncos they have torched them, even with Peyton. So in their mind they should be able to walk right through the Broncos. To the contrary, the Steelers have been contenders almost every year as of late.
                              They beat us by 10 and we were on the march to another TD before McGahee coughed it up. I wouldn't call that "torched".
                              OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

Comment

Working...
                              X