Clear All

• GoManning
    replied

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-6be48fc25f07

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Great post and point pertaining to the selecting Von Miller over Marcell Dareus that most saw as the ideal choice for our Broncos. It was clear at the end of 2009 that we needed someone to supplement Doom, as he faded totally in the 2nd half. We also desperately needed to stop the run - but EFX going with Von was a great decision.

What we have is a calm stable situation, and as long as we have a good defense and Peyton Manning as our QB it is a good combo
    Stable is the perfect word for it.
    No more insane goofy evil prodigy McDaniel type freakoids running the team anymore

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    I believe what everyone and the OP are praising coach fox for is getting the best out of his teams. With that also comes the decisions that come along with that and the direction that a HC takes his team.

With fox you had a guy come into the org after a dismal season and make one of the best moves (along with elway and x) in selecting von. Then after a horrific start to a season was able to pull off a playoff year and win with Tim.

Now with his help he lands PM and now we are looking at an awesome team with one heck of a D. Now would JDR have come on board without fox, would the Broncos have landed PM with fox, in the first draft after mcd would any other coach have selected Von?

We don't know, but we are thankful that he's here and oversaw alot of those decisions
    Great post and point pertaining to the selecting Von Miller over Marcell Dareus that most saw as the ideal choice for our Broncos. It was clear at the end of 2009 that we needed someone to supplement Doom, as he faded totally in the 2nd half. We also desperately needed to stop the run - but EFX going with Von was a great decision.

What we have is a calm stable situation, and as long as we have a good defense and Peyton Manning as our QB it is a good combo

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    go broncos...

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Fox and Elway do their jobs in the same manner. They find good people to have under them and they let them do their jobs with some guidance. Unlike McDummy who came in, ruled with an iron fist and basically told McCoy how to do everything as well as the defense coordinators. McDummy even started calling the plays from the sidelines.

Fox lets his coordinators do their jobs and allows them the flexibility to find the best fit for the players they have on the team.

To answer one of the above questions, sure it helps having a Manning over a Tebow or Orton. Manning knows what he wants the receivers to do and where to be and he communicates that very well. Orton or Tebow just did not have the command or knowledge to communicate what they wanted from the receivers to make things work. It does help having Manning on the team but make no mistake, Fox and McCoy still have a say in what the offense does.

Leave a comment:

• elecshoc
    replied
    Yes that concept is difficult!

In 2009-2010 Jim Caldwell was one of the best coaches in football, and in 2011 he was suddenly hopeless
    In 2010 John Fox was one of the worst, "improving in 2011, and in 2012 John Fox is suddenly a stud.

Can anyone guess the common denominator between Jim Caldwell anno 2009-10 and John Fox anno 2012.

Great transformation - but yes the Duke has a huge part to play
    I believe what everyone and the OP are praising coach fox for is getting the best out of his teams. With that also comes the decisions that come along with that and the direction that a HC takes his team.

With fox you had a guy come into the org after a dismal season and make one of the best moves (along with elway and x) in selecting von. Then after a horrific start to a season was able to pull off a playoff year and win with Tim.

Now with his help he lands PM and now we are looking at an awesome team with one heck of a D. Now would JDR have come on board without fox, would the Broncos have landed PM with fox, in the first draft after mcd would any other coach have selected Von?

We don't know, but we are thankful that he's here and oversaw alot of those decisions

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied

In 2009-2010 Jim Caldwell was one of the best coaches in football, and in 2011 he was suddenly hopeless
    In 2010 John Fox was one of the worst, "improving in 2011, and in 2012 John Fox is suddenly a stud.

Can anyone guess the common denominator between Jim Caldwell anno 2009-10 and John Fox anno 2012.

That is not the football team coaching staff structure to which I was referring and which you don't seem to understand.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied

You must have forgotten that John Fox has coached a Delhomme QB'd team in the superbowl, and had them in an additional NFC Championship game. So it's not like all his success is tied to PFM.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Darn good coach!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Thank you John Fox for keeping this team so laser focused on the next team and not letting them get their sights too far ahead. I love this about this team right now. Thank you for getting this team to buy into wanting to get better and better and not being satisfied with where they are at, even though where they are at is terrific.

I love the humility of this team, I love our sportsmanship and that we are truly playing as a TEAM. This kind of thing starts at the top from Elway on down and it must get translated from the coach to his players. I just feel like this team is different this year. They seem to be tight, having fun, and wanting more and doing the work to get there. Love it. I love my Broncos. So proud to sport my team logo on my car in Bradyland.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-27-2012, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Unclear on the concept of basic football team coaching staff structure?

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    He is a true head football coach who oversees the whole team, but delegates responsibility to his coordinators. He is unflappable, caring and has an excellent sense of humor. His positive energy leads this team in the right direction.
    completely agree sam, i hate when head coaches try to do whatever they were brought up as, defensive/offensive coordinators. rarely does that work while trying to run the team, just look at Dallas right now, or us with McD, the list goes on.

he puts just the right amount of responsibility on everyones plate. lets Del Rio handle the D to perfection, lets McCoy/Manning run the offense. he is there doing his thing making challenges and helping them adjust but not too much to be meddlesome.

I love the way this team is put together, i actually enjoy watching them this year and as much as people say last year was "magical" i simply disagree. this team is a TEAM and all the pieces are falling into place.

we can be a great team for a long time if Brock is the guy to take over in >5 years, that is what this team will hinge on once manning is gone, QB play, if Brock doesnt turn out to be the guy based on what Elways sees in camps/pre-season, i have no doubts elway will get someone else

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Funny love feast for John Fox. This has been a great season and without a doubt bringing in Del Rio is a monster benefit (And Fox has a great hand in that), but it pretty much appears that the success this year on the offensive side of the ball is because it is Peyton's team, not John Fox'es team.
    Unclear on the concept of basic football team coaching staff structure?

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I apologize if there have been any threads similar to this one. I couldnt find any.

But Id just like to thank John Fox for what he has done so far. He came into a mess after McDaniels, tailored an entire offense to one player, got us to the playoffs with a win, and now this year he is coaching the heck out of our guys.

He helped get Manning and Del Rio and is coaching an elite team right now.

Just wanted to say thank you and I dont think we could have gotten a better coach to clean up the mess.

GO BRONCOS
    I'll take it a step further, Thank you Mr. Bowlen for hiring Elway. Thank you Mr. Elway for hiring Fox and thank all of you for your combined efforts in bringing in Peyton Manning. They say that 1 man doesn't make a team but 1 man made all the difference for this magical season, I love it

Leave a comment:

• AdamWeberOrBust
    replied
    Who cares about Orton/Tebow? It's not like they were guys like Sanchez who suddenly went from promising franchise guy to scrub. They already were.

Anyway.

Other than taking a bad defence and making it one of the best, the way he has instilled this notion that we'll never be perfect and we must strive to improve every game is benefiting them in the long run. This team is really talented and it's showing on the field but other teams may get cocky and it would bite them on the butt.

Not this team, this team is never satisfied and that to me is due to great coaching.

Sure he's really conservative but in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather we get a lead and not throw it away by being reckless. I mean there is a reason the dude is nearly undefeated when up by over 30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X