Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If by some miracle the Broncos win, and Pats lose and the Texans win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If by some miracle the Broncos win, and Pats lose and the Texans win.

The miracle would be the Jags beating the Pats.

Anyway, for the sake of discussion, the Broncos would have the #2 seed clinched. The Texans would have the #1 seed clinched.

Would we see Osweiler playing the Chiefs in that last week?

If Broncs are up by 28, maybe...
    Bronco fan sine '61...

Comment

Every time time Peyton Manning has been held out of a Week 17 game, the Colts lost in the playoffs or Super Bowl. The one time Manning played a Week 17 game, the Colts won the Super Bowl.

Whether or not this is a coincidence or something else, who knows, but Manning needs to play Week 17 even if it just half the game. I don't want Manning or any of the first team players to have 2 straight weeks off (Week 17 and first round playoff bye).
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Peyton will start every game, Os may play if the Broncos have a big lead, otherwise he's in the entire game.
        Go BRONCOS.....This is our year!

Comment

I don't have a link to the video, but on NFL network last night they were talking about how John Fox said Peyton would play the last game. They joked how Peyton pretty much told coach Fox that he would play haha. Reason being is he and the receivers need to continue to get on the same page. (they showed the clip of DT running the fade against Baltimore when Peyton threw a slant)

Comment

Originally posted by Bombnugs View Post
            I don't have a link to the video, but on NFL network last night they were talking about how John Fox said Peyton would play the last game. They joked how Peyton pretty much told coach Fox that he would play haha. Reason being is he and the receivers need to continue to get on the same page. (they showed the clip of DT running the fade against Baltimore when Peyton threw a slant)
            ya every game played is added experience. No point in taking them out.
            sigpic

Comment

If the Broncos secure the #2 seed and a bye, there would be no reason to sit Manning in the last game. The team has really started to find their rhythm offensively as of late, and I don't think they would want to break that momentum.
              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
              Adopted By:
              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
              Broncbeat

Comment

I hope they all keep playing lets keep this winning momentum all the way

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                  Would we see Osweiler playing the Chiefs in that last week?
                  Nah. The Chiefs will be losing so bad that they will sign Osweiler at half time for their first through 4 th round picks, and he will be playing FOR the Chiefs

Comment

Manning can rest during the bye week. I would like to see 4 full quarters of football in these last 2 game. No teasing and close tight games. I want to see the offense come out and dominate and give the defense a break. It would be nice to see an early 14-21 point lead heading into the 2min warning in the 2nd quarter. The Browns are a feisty team and if u don't put them away early, they have a tendency to fight really hard.

I would just like to see an offensive explosion from the first posession like against NO to get tuned-up for the playoffs. And still keep Manning in. Don't want to see Os until the 5min mark in Q4, no matter how big our lead may be. Keep Manning's engine running.
                    #swapping

Comment

I don't understand the desire to see any less of Peyton than possible... We have a chance to be witnesses to true greatness... Instead of taking the time to see it, some of us would rather watch a rookie qb hand the ball off... I just don't get it... In fact, having a bye is a bit bittersweet to me, cause it means one less possible game for Peyton Manning in a Broncos uniform.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I think it is more likely that the Texans drop the last two. In fact the Vikings @ Texans is my upset pick of the week. As it stands now, the Vikings hold on to the 6th seed tied with Chicago for 2nd place in the division. Chicago goes to Arizona where they will most likely win. Minnesota goes into a Must Win game, or they will likely miss the playoffs. Adrian Peterson is on a quest to break the NFL rushing record and has two games left to gain 240+ yards. Huston's defense has been on the decline lately with the exception of Watt. Peterson will render Watt ineffective as the O-line will double up on him opening up lanes for the run game.

The final week, the Texans travel to Indy. Indy will most likely have the wild card clinched, but will be looking to gain momentum for the post season. Texans have to win one of the final two to clinch the first seed, which could prove to be a tall order.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                          I think it is more likely that the Texans drop the last two. In fact the Vikings @ Texans is my upset pick of the week. As it stands now, the Vikings hold on to the 6th seed tied with Chicago for 2nd place in the division. Chicago goes to Arizona where they will most likely win. Minnesota goes into a Must Win game, or they will likely miss the playoffs. Adrian Peterson is on a quest to break the NFL rushing record and has two games left to gain 240+ yards. Huston's defense has been on the decline lately with the exception of Watt. Peterson will render Watt ineffective as the O-line will double up on him opening up lanes for the run game.

The final week, the Texans travel to Indy. Indy will most likely have the wild card clinched, but will be looking to gain momentum for the post season. Texans have to win one of the final two to clinch the first seed, which could prove to be a tall order.
                          This is what I wish and believe too!
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

The Texans are in a bit of a dicey situation, but I think they will pull it off. If they don't, Broncos get the #1 (assuming they run the table), and Patriots get #2. That's not great for those twits--er, other fans who are afraid of the Patriots, because it basically ensures they are the hurdle standing in the way of the Broncos hope to reach the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                              Every time time Peyton Manning has been held out of a Week 17 game, the Colts lost in the playoffs or Super Bowl. The one time Manning played a Week 17 game, the Colts won the Super Bowl.

Whether or not this is a coincidence or something else, who knows, but Manning needs to play Week 17 even if it just half the game. I don't want Manning or any of the first team players to have 2 straight weeks off (Week 17 and first round playoff bye).
                              So Peyton Manning has only played on week 17 once in his entire career?

Sillyness. Those stats don't really mean much. And I bet we would see Osweiler in the 2nd half if that scenerio was the case. Kinda don't want that to happen though just because I want to keep the momentum going.
                              :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X