Is Knowshons return to form...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Knowshons return to form...

...setting him up for a future in Denver? Or more likely a trade?

Think about it.

He wasn't drafted by Elway and Fox.
    They threw him away early - clearly not too enamoured by his skills.
    They drafted Hillman for a reason.
    They really like McGahee who may return to take the no 1 role anyway.

And...

He is made of glass and may never have as high trade value as of now.

I'd say that we jettison him next offseason for a 4th or maybe 3rd if we are really lucky...
    sigpic

He's shown great durability with a larger amount of carries . He's a lot bigger then he was before his injury . I doubt they would trade him if he keeps producing . He's becoming very reliable . Especially for a 4th rounder

Comment

So what happens the next time McGahee goes down?

Moreno is going nowhere.
      sigpic
      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Lol no. He stays and becomes a perennial pro bowl back.

Well, he will become that wherever he is, I just hope it's with Denver.

Comment

So what if he wasn't drafted by Fox et al. Neither was Clady, Beadles, DT and Decker.
          All in for Siemian!

Comment

Didn't Elway say that everybody was available for trade except for like his daughter? If the right offer comes along I'm sure we would jump on it, but I doubt there are any plans on trading him. If there were, he probably would have played more before Mcgahee went down.

Comment

Moreno is perfect for this Manning offense, a great pass protector (better than McGahee) and is a great reciever out of the backfield, plus he hasnt hit his prime yet. I'm not totally drinking the kool-aid, but dumping him for a 4th rounder would be beyond ignorant. Hillman will never be anymore than what he is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
                ...setting him up for a future in Denver? Or more likely a trade?

Think about it.

He wasn't drafted by Elway and Fox.
                They threw him away early - clearly not too enamoured by his skills.
                They drafted Hillman for a reason.
                They really like McGahee who may return to take the no 1 role anyway.

And...

He is made of glass and may never have as high trade value as of now.

I'd say that we jettison him next offseason for a 4th or maybe 3rd if we are really lucky...
                and replace him with who?
                sigpic

Comment

This is despicable. Moreno shows out, and his team's fans post about his trade value? How about talk about McGahee's worth to the team, considering the arrow is pointing up for Moreno and down for McGahee; and Moreno is just as good.
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

No. If we traded Moreno away we'd just have to spend another high draft pick on a RB because McGahee is old and Hillman doesn't have the body to be an NFL every down back. I say keep Moreno and Hillman as the long term duo, and if McGahee is still here for another year or two then he get's his share of the carries too, especially as the short yardage/goal line back.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                      This is despicable. Moreno shows out, and his team's fans post about his trade value? How about talk about McGahee's worth to the team, considering the arrow is pointing up for Moreno and down for McGahee; and Moreno is just as good.
                      Hey now! I dont want to trade the guy. I am speculating on what is on the minds of John and John. Good players get traded all the time - it is part of he game.

McGahee isn't worth much because of his age - and there is a very real chance that one of them has to be benched. Why not trade the guy with value and draft a physical back to complement Hillman?

All I am saying is that there is some logic here...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey now! I dont want to trade the guy. I am speculating on what is on the minds of John and John. Good players get traded all the time - it is part of he game.

McGahee isn't worth much because of his age - and there is a very real chance that one of them has to be benched. Why not trade the guy with value and draft a physical back to complement Hillman?

Good players get traded all the time? Do we watch the same NFL?
                        Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

By "McGahee's worth," I didn't mean trade value. I meant his roster spot. There's a reason Moreno would have trade value, it's because he's young and talented, which is exactly why we should retain him, rather than trade him.
                          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Moreno is looking pretty physical to me recently.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              Moreno is perfect for this Manning offense, a great pass protector (better than McGahee) and is a great reciever out of the backfield, plus he hasnt hit his prime yet. I'm not totally drinking the kool-aid, but dumping him for a 4th rounder would be beyond ignorant. Hillman will never be anymore than what he is right now.
                              Dumping him for a 4th rounder is ignorant but saying that Hillman will never be anymore than what he is right now is not ignorant?

Why is everyone so down on Hillman? The guy is the YOUNGEST player in the NFL. He'll get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X