About Holliday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Holliday

I want to get some of your views on what we should do with Holliday now that playoffs are right around the corner. With how he puts the ball on the ground so much is it time to sit him and put Leonard in even though you know he won't gain many yards? At this point I'll take his sure hands (ya he muffed one today, but you won't see that many more times) and let the offense do its thing over the potential special teams TD. Holliday can help us or hurt us and with how he has been fumbling, I think he may just hurt us.

Holliday - KR
    Leonhard - PR

Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
      Holliday - KR
      Leonhard - PR

Fixed
      I would be ok with that, but still, that boy drops the ball a lot and has on kick returns as well. But kicks offs especially in Denver don't see the light of day anyway, so probably no issue. Something else I failed to address is that Holliday has the ability to get us in good position/yards to give the offense shorter situations.

Comment

Yeah, I think Holiday is going to be in the doghouse after today. I'll be surprised if he gets a shot at returning in the playoffs. They should have him on the field fielding balls all day during practice. It is really sad, because he is sooo dangerous. But I wouldn't risk him costing us a game in the playoffs. But then again, Fox left the starters in almost till the end today when the game was in hand, so he isn't very bright.
        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

I missed part of the game today, did Holliday fumble today?

Id like to keep him back there. He can change a game and help us but yeah I guess he could also change it in favor of the opposing team. Kinda don't wanna take away one of the advantages we have over other teams because we're scared he might fumble.

Comment

Yeah, he muffed a punt but luckily recovered it.

What is going to happen is he is going to do it in a playoff game and cost us the game.

Comment

Deactivate him or sit him on the bench. He's not worth the risk.

If there's one thing that could screw us during the playoffs it's Holliday. Look what happened to the 49ers last year - special teams fumbles cost them the Super Bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                Yeah, I think Holiday is going to be in the doghouse after today. I'll be surprised if he gets a shot at returning in the playoffs. They should have him on the field fielding balls all day during practice. It is really sad, because he is sooo dangerous. But I wouldn't risk him costing us a game in the playoffs. But then again, Fox left the starters in almost till the end today when the game was in hand, so he isn't very bright.
                Yup. Belichick also isn't very bright. He always keeps his starters in. I mean he sent Gronkowski out when they were going for their 59th point. The more plays the guys get in actual games the better, especially on O. Yeah they could get injured and it would suck.

Comment

Yeah, he muffed a punt but luckily recovered it.

What is going to happen is he is going to do it in a playoff game and cost us the game.
                  Yeah it's a tough decision. Id hate to lose because of it. Maybe see how the game is going and if we need a spark we put him in? If the O is efficient and we are controlling the game keep Leonard back there?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
                    I missed part of the game today, did Holliday fumble today?

Id like to keep him back there. He can change a game and help us but yeah I guess he could also change it in favor of the opposing team. Kinda don't wanna take away one of the advantages we have over other teams because we're scared he might fumble.
                    If it wasn't as often as at least once every game I would be ok with him still back there. But dude has fumbled a lot, thankfully we have recovered some of them. He is only an advantage if he first catches the ball and then does anything with it, otherwise, he can be as much a liability as he can an asset. I wish the kid could figure it out, but now is the time of the season to experiment with him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sheriff18 View Post
                      Yup. Belichick also isn't very bright. He always keeps his starters in. I mean he sent Gronkowski out when they were going for their 59th point. The more plays the guys get in actual games the better, especially on O. Yeah they could get injured and it would suck.
                      Not worth the risk. What would you think if Manning went down with a season ending injury? He should have took all the starters out for the last couple series. Moreno was oh so close to injurying himself on that last long run he had, and for what?

Comment

Not worth the risk. What would you think if Manning went down with a season ending injury? He should have took all the starters out for the last couple series. Moreno was oh so close to injurying himself on that last long run he had, and for what?
                        Id be pretty mad but not at Fox, just that it happened. I like pedal to the metal. I thought Fox removed Manning today at the right time.

Comment

Keep the petal to the metal with the 2nd team.

Comment

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Champions have to gamble, and we know he can change momentum single-handedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X