No announcement yet.

About Holliday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was last year's sorry excuse for an offense the risk is worth it, but not this year with this offense, field position matters very little to Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii007 View Post
      If it was last year's sorry excuse for an offense the risk is worth it, but not this year with this offense, field position matters very little to Manning.
      I get your point, it's valid

But the statement "the field position doesn't matter" is absolutely never true, never..

Comment

The thing is, he can change the momentum of a game... Either way. That's a scary thought to me. 6 fumbles in his limited touches this season is ridiculous, and if he loses one to give the opponent an easy score it could really kill our momentum. I'm not a fan.

Comment

I admit, being a bit facetious but just making the point that possession is more important with Manning than a big specials teams play.

Comment

IDK bout you but i say we keep him active. He is after all 15-0 on the season. http://i.imgur.com/dO5pb.png
            I've found that prayer works best when you have big players... and Peyton Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by NextGeneration View Post
              IDK bout you but i say we keep him active. He is after all 15-0 on the season. http://i.imgur.com/dO5pb.png
              Yes valid point... also who cares... he wins games...

(LOL this is like a Tebow arguement)
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii007 View Post
                I admit, being a bit facetious but just making the point that possession is more important with Manning than a big specials teams play.
                Double-edged sword, that argument. You could say with our no-huddle, up-tempo offense, a fumble down there hurts you even less than usual, since you'll have more possessions to make it up.

Reality is, Trindon is a big reason why we're so much better. He's like Devin Hester. You don't even think about benching him unless you are determined to put a worse product on the field.

The fumbling is an issue though. You try to mitigate it with subs (e.g. when you are trying to ice the game, or when the punt is unlikely to be returnable) and coaching him up.
                Last edited by Lomax; 12-24-2012, 03:58 AM.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I'm with a few others in he is too electrifying of a player to keep on the bench but at the same time I think the coaches have to take a few more precautions with him. Some have already said it but making sure he is only returning on punts in which most likely he is going to have some space to move and make a play. Putting him in on obvious situations where it is going to be a fair catch just makes no sense. I would say if he has to stand on the 30 or closer then he shouldn't be in but anything beyond that is his domain on punt returns.

The playoffs are a bit about taking some chances and having those hopefully one or two plays that determine the outcome of a game. In this regard he is one of those guys that could be on either side of that for either team. Usually I am a pretty conservative person but there are those times where you have to be willing to take some risk in order to get the reward. His game changing plays this year have definitely made some huge impacts in some games.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
                    Holliday will be just fine. I say leave him be. By fumbling today, he knows to be more aware.
                    He's fumbled in pretty much every game he's attempted a punt return. You think he'd be aware by now and would be doing every thing in his power to stop. Maybe he's just cursed with butterfingers.

Comment

I remember about 2 of his muffs happening because of defenders in his fair catch zone and refs not doing anything about it. Those were iffy. This one was on him. So I'm not too mad at him. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by gmjones2001 View Post
                        He made a poor decision. He should of called for a fair catch instead of pushing it ...

Leonhard put one on the ground today as well.

If he is our 'sure hands' guy, well maybe the whole thing needs re-thinking.
                        I agree i think people forget Leonhard fumbled too .

They should have him do nothing but fielding punts the next 3 weeks

Comment

Get a big pile of footballs, set the JUGS machine on high trajectory, play crowd noise and have a couple of guys standing next to him yelling. Each dropped ball is 200 yards of Western Rolls. Problem solved.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

stick w/ VH. all guys put it on the ground once in while. maybe its out of his system for the season now. anyway, he is a real real threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
                              Theres a different that you obviously fail to see. Leonard and Cribbs don't fumble much. Holliday has fumbled a fair amount in his short time here in Denver.
                              Cribbs has fumbled 6 times this year.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Get a big pile of footballs, set the JUGS machine on high trajectory, play crowd noise and have a couple of guys standing next to him yelling. Each dropped ball is 200 yards of Western Rolls. Problem solved.
                                Agreed...except have Colquitt actually punt
                                but yeah

Also check this out from Rotoworld

Broncos KR Trindon Holliday left Sunday's Week 16 win over the Browns with a sprained ankle. Holliday has been a real find for the Broncos since they grabbed him off waivers in early October. He's averaged 32.5 yards per kick return and taken one 105 yards to the house. He's also averaged a healthy 10.8 yards per punt return with another score. The severity of Holliday's sprain is unknown.
                                #24 Next Champ
                                Playmaker
                                Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X