Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacob Hester

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Denver_oner View Post
    Gronk barley even stepped onto the field this year.
    That's probably because he was using oats.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      That's probably because he was using oats.
      In the new NFL that is a banned substance.
      sigpic
      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jc13 View Post
        If they would have gave knowshon the ball I would have won my fantasy game
        Me too bro... If knowshon and peterson would of got the ball on the goalline i would have been champion of the league.Now im the first loser.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
          In the new NFL that is a banned substance.
          So much for the euphemistic phrase "strong as a horse".

          Wonder if that has anything to do with the non-human stuff in DJ's test results?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by killacal View Post
            Gronk better enjoy the ride because after this season he is out of there, it says alot that a guy comes in after a few weeks and takes your spot, and also the fact that u could barely get in the game
            Gronkowski never had a spot on offense. He's been a special teams player the whole season.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Gronkowski never had a spot on offense. He's been a special teams player the whole season.
              Never say never.

              He's lined up in the I a few times. Not much though.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Never say never.

                He's lined up in the I a few times. Not much though.
                Sometimes I wish we would use the I more when backed up inside our own ten. Singleback ace makes me nervous down there as thats what we were in when we gave up the safety. Also on short yardage seems we always got stuffed out of singleback although thats improved since Morenos return.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Never say never.

                  He's lined up in the I a few times. Not much though.
                  That was when Virgil Green was suspended if I'm not mistaken. Green was our FB in the I formation before we signed Hester. Don't think I've seen it since Hester has been signed outside of the goalline with Unrein and Hester in.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by gaberox View Post
                    Sometimes I wish we would use the I more when backed up inside our own ten. Singleback ace makes me nervous down there as thats what we were in when we gave up the safety. Also on short yardage seems we always got stuffed out of singleback although thats improved since Morenos return.
                    Running laterally coming out from one's own GL is not a good idea. I speak from personal experience.

                    I formations can outnumber the D at the POA. The problem with running inside the -10/-20 is that D is often in GL.

                    Fortunately the Broncos have PM, who will check to a pass if the box is full. PAP is an important piece of the Broncos' offensive toolbox.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      That was when Virgil Green was suspended if I'm not mistaken. Green was our FB in the I formation before we signed Hester. Don't think I've seen it since Hester has been signed outside of the goalline with Unrein and Hester in.
                      Green was tried at FB a little last year after Spencer Larsen was injured. Inabilty to get in the I formation to get the Pats out of their Eagle/Aggied 50 hindered the Broncos in the playoff game.

                      I don't recall having seen Green at FB for more than a play or two. The I formation hasn't been seen much except inside the +10 when Unrein makes an appearance.

                      I'd like to see the Broncos convert Joe Mays to FB. He's a big hitter, but doesn't like to wrap up. If he could catch, presto ... a FB.

                      Green is too tall to be an effecive FB IMO. Coming out of a stance, staying low while running and hitting a moving target is more difficult than blocking a defender who is right across LOS. That's why FBs are shorter than TEs.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Green was tried at FB a little last year after Spencer Larsen was injured. Inabilty to get in the I formation to get the Pats out of their Eagle/Aggied 50 hindered the Broncos in the playoff game.

                        I don't recall having seen Green at FB for more than a play or two. The I formation hasn't been seen much except inside the +10 when Unrein makes an appearance.

                        I'd like to see the Broncos convert Joe Mays to FB. He's a big hitter, but doesn't like to wrap up. If he could catch, presto ... a FB.

                        Green is too tall to be an effecive FB IMO. Coming out of a stance, staying low while running and hitting a moving target is more difficult than blocking a defender who is right across LOS. That's why FBs are shorter than TEs.
                        I think Green could cause some match up problems as a FB running wheel routes, angle routes, shake routes, and attacking the seam. As far as running the ball, I don't think he'd be terrible. Most FBs aren't really tall, but I don't think a FB has to always line up in a 3 point stance. Michael Robinson with the Seahawks has been a tremendous FB and he is often in a 2 point stance so he can see the defensive alignment better and react quicker once the play starts. He's listed at 6'1" so he is 2 inches shorter than Green. Green may not be good at blocking runs going up the middle, but I think he could excel at running stretch plays and really selling a counter run.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X