Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Dangerous Team in AFC - Jaws and Hodge

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8777413

Nice:thumb: I usually can't stand Merrill Hodge, but this was nice to hear.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Just now they was discussing this on First Take......Skip and Stephen A said the Patriots,while Antonio Pierce said the Broncos..

I hate when people used the argument we havent beaten anybody....Should we had won against the Patriots,Texans and Falcons...yes...but it was at the beginning of the season while we were trying to gel.....

The Patriots almost lost to the Jaguars and yet people still considered them the best team in the AFC....
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

They need to talk about who the teams lost to.

The Patriots lost to the Cardinals, a mediocre Ravens team, the Seahawks (who are good), and then a 49ers team that just got blown out last night.

The Texans got murdered in all three of their losses by the Packers, Patriots, and the Vikings.

The Broncos meanwhile have won 10 in a row. This isn't like an SEC team playing someone from the MWAC: it's the NFL. They aren't only winning, they are making it look easy while steadily improving every game.

I suppose if the question is "danger" then maybe I could agree. The Patriots can put up a herculean amount of points in a hurry. They are also tremendously flawed. The Broncos flaws are very minor, and they are EASILY the best overall team in the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
        Just now they was discussing this on First Take......Skip and Stephen A said the Patriots,while Antonio Pierce said the Broncos..

I hate when people used the argument we havent beaten anybody....Should we had won against the Patriots,Texans and Falcons...yes...but it was at the beginning of the season while we were trying to gel.....

The Patriots almost lost to the Jaguars and yet people still considered them the best team in the AFC....
        Too bad they won't use the argument that PAT got beat by a Crappy team, and a team we made look like a joke and also .... it was at home.
        Last edited by Chronoless; 12-24-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Good. Houston is weak, and the Patriots are stumbling a bit.

Just stay the course, let everybody else beat each other up, and then pounce.
          sigpic

Comment

I love how our schedule went from 2nd hardest in the NFL pre season to "easy" once we started rolling people.. Heaven forbid it be a reflection on how good we are... Nope, they were ALL TERRIBLE teams..........

Comment

A bandwagon can't affect the outcome.

Even if it does "seem" like it, there's no facts back that up. Plus, things aren't always as they seem.

Comment

Yea, I listened to Hodges assesment of Tebow and it quickly went from Tebows playing abilities to attacking him as a person. A total hack job that even hasselbeck said was unnecessary.

Comment

Here is an NFL one, and guess what Deion Sanders still don't trust us.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...dangerous-team

Comment

Denver lost to good teams in Sept and Oct, sure, but realistically that means nothing in Dec and Jan. Hell, it doesn't mean anything a week later. I guarantee I can go find a SB winner in the same scenario somewhere. It's only relevant if the team is a pretender and Denver isn't. The talent is everywhere, the cohesion is there and the team is extremely potent and dangerous. Every team in the conference has lost to some questionable teams. Parity is striking more than it has in recent years. Baltimore is a total jeckyl and hyde team. NE can score but has lost to some crap teams because the book hasn't changed on Brady since they've been found out by us in 2005-pressure Brady and his overrated ass will screw up. Every team since our win over them has done this and if it's worked they've won. Houston looked like world beaters until you dink and dunk around their d-line and pressure Schaub. Indy, while the emotional favorites, won't go far with that horrible offensive line. They're playing over their head and while that can grab you a win or two, it won't last. It'd be cool if it did but I doubt it. And I'm scared of the Bengals like I'm scared of a pillow fight. I think in the end, Houston or NE would be our biggest threat. And they're probably just as worried about us. A protected Peyton Manning will not lose. He won't "blink first" in a battle to see which QB will mess something up the most. I'd even say Houston is a bigger threat than NE. The Pats won't rush Manning, not nearly as well as we'll have bodies all over Brady. But Houston pass protects better than NE, and rushes the QB better, and has a good running game to go with a good passing game.

The biggest part is the offensive line. You don't even go to the SB nevermind win without an offensive line. If you protect the passer, you've got a shot to win it all. That and turnovers decide a game more than any of that other fancy sensationalist stuff. And Denver protects Manning like crazy (not to mention, he protects himself with his inhumanly quick reads and releases). We get after opposing QBs, and we protect ours. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and whoever protects their passer the best chance. The rest is sort of a "tie breaker" for when the offensive lines are reasonably even.
                    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Of course the Broncos are the most dangerous team in the AFC. They are in good shape, well coached, highly motivated, focused, and are formidable on their home field.

Two of the other top teams in the AFC side of the playoffs defeated the Broncos early in the season. They are not thrilled at the prospect of facing Denver again.

The Broncos are dagerous because they can defeat opponents in all three phases of the game.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I LOVE Hodge!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest
                          So we are going to slash a commentator down for slashing a player down? I believe that makes us hypocrites.

Hoge may be a smug meat head, but he has been on that field before. I doubt any of us really have. He does offer a perspective and a knowledge of what transpires that most of us only watch from a seat - whether at home or the stadium, it's not the same.

Furthermore, he's a tv character. Yes, they play characters on tv. Writers and producers tell these guys, "hey, be yourself, but say [this]....ACTION!"

The point is to get contrasting personalities:

Dungy and Harrison.
                          Hoge and Jaws.
                          Bayless and anybody.

That gives an audience someone to buy into, and someone to despise. It's just a gimmick. Don't complain about him ragging on a polarizing player, and then turn around and do the same thing to him. I don't like his opinions any more than the rest of you, but please refrain from looking to blatantly foolish.

Oh, and before someone says, "We can say whatever we want here! If you don't like it, don't join the discussion!!!" (Another hypocritical and self-defeating statement. Just think about that for a second...) I'm already aware. Hoge can also say what he wants about any team or player.
                          I actually like Hoge when he breaks down plays (run plays usually), I find his analysis is very informative for the average viewer but still is in depth enough for more "seasoned" viewers. If you look at those analyses and compare them to when he speaks about Tebow, it's night and day. As a TV personality, you are supposed to not make it personal, but with Hoge and Tebow, it clearly is. That's what annoys me and gets under my skin, I guess I generalized my opinion in my above post too much
                          Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

We have a code of conduct on this site. We all agreed to said code of conduct when we signed up. Here is a link to the code of conduct. If I or any other staff member have to come back in here and clean anything else up it's going to be accompanied by infractions. Play nice.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

Hodge is full of love and he's a great man that I would do anything for. God bless him.

Comment

Working...
                              X