No announcement yet.

D.J. Barely Played Against Browns; Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.J. Barely Played Against Browns; Why?

LB D.J. Williams only played 7 snaps on defense against Cleveland (or ~11% of the defensive snaps). What was up with that? He wasn't dealing with any injuries to my knowledge nor had I heard about him falling out of favor lately. I thought he'd been performing pretty well with the solid amount of playing time they'd been giving him. So I definitely noticed his constant absence on the field, thought that was rather strange.

Anyone know why he played so sparingly?
    Last edited by TheJackal; 12-25-2012, 03:59 PM.

sigpic

Its probably because he wasn't part of the nickel package.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Maybe they did not like the way he covered Pitta on the 61 yard TD.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        Maybe they did not like the way he covered Pitta on the 61 yard TD.
        If that's the case then two or three other guys deserved to lose playing time too.
        sigpic

Comment

Woody and Trevatha are our best coverage LB's. So, since Cleveland was behind most of the game it would make sense for him not to get a lot of snaps.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            If that's the case then two or three other guys deserved to lose playing time too.
            Well the culprits were DJ (reduced snaps), Carter (inactive) and Leonhard..maybe they all did. I did not see anything wrong with Moore's diving attempt hustling from across the field, it was a good stiff arm by pitta.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Woody and Trevatha are our best coverage LB's. So, since Cleveland was behind most of the game it would make sense for him not to get a lot of snaps.
              Werd.............. Trevathan looks really good in
              Coverage.

Comment

When WW was out week 14 against the Raiders, Trevathan still had more snaps than DJ. Lets not forget Danny was running with the first unit this year until we signed Brooking. He may not have been ready to be a starter yet, but very well could be next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  I agree with this post.Also,with Brooking and Woodyard playing good i don't see a need for DJ to get more time.He will work his way back in due time.

Comment

Backer Corps is deep.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

My boys from the UK Wildcats are for real. DJ is soild and he will play more, just give it time.
                      I will always be a Bronco fan--->

But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

Comment

DJ doesn't currently have a spot on the Broncos starting linebacking core in the base 43 or nickel packages. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyFan View Post
                          My boys from the UK Wildcats are for real. DJ is soild and he will play more, just give it time.
                          Isn't it awesome having so many Cats on the team!!! I look forward to following the basketball title with a Super Bowl!!!!!
                          KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Like said before we have too many guys who have earned more time.

DJ needs to hang around and wait and just be a pro. It is football he will get a chance to earn his way back eventually.

It is scarey how we have gone from so needing depth in just about everywhere to having good depth in allot of places in such a short time.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Defensive depth is good and has been sustained right to the threshold of the playoffs. Getting fresh players the caliber of DJ and Knowshon back on the field late in the season is very rare.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X