D.J. Barely Played Against Browns; Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gaberox View Post
    Well I know you watch and analyze every play and I try to myself but no DVR sadly. Do you not see the same problems with Brookings play that I do? Im always happy to admit when Im wrong.
    Every player on every team has problems. Coaches help them fix those things.

The Backer and Safety positions lead the team in tackles. That's what you want to see.

Keith Brooking is good against the run and in short zone. His big limitation IMO would be covering the seam receiver in Tampa 2. Feel fortunate the Broncos had him available.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

DJ Williams is busy going to Vegas right now instead of staying in Denver with the team like the coach wanted.
      Follow me on Twitter
      @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
        DJ Williams is busy going to Vegas right now instead of staying in Denver with the team like the coach wanted.
        Today? It is my understanding they didn't have to be back in the facility until tomorrow morning. On the main site, Fox was quoted as saying he wants the team to stay in town this weekend which is why they have a lifting session scheduled Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

The Backer and Safety positions lead the team in tackles. That's what you want to see.

Keith Brooking is good against the run and in short zone. His big limitation IMO would be covering the seam receiver in Tampa 2. Feel fortunate the Broncos had him available.
          Brooking/the team is way better against the run relative when DJ is in the game. DJ has 14 tackles since being back... Brooking does have 54 tackles, 33 solo and is 7th on the team in tackles. Brooking is a smart player but doesn't have the physical ability that maybe DJ has, but DJ over the years hasn't really played that well against the run. Brooking has been a decent contributor to this defense while DJ has been somewhat of a problem. It has been nice to have a veteran that they could plug in and do a much better than average job. Maybe DJ can play MLB next year and help contain the run ... I'm not counting on it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
            If u are going by his tweets, then add Von to your remark as he was with him.
            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Oh I dont deny Brookings filled in nicely. While I may not be on the same level as some of you are at analyzing player performance Im not a noobie either. Ive watched 99% of DJs snaps as a Bronco no lie and he has been pretty dang good against the run most of the time and just an all out tackling machine at SAM, Will and Mike. I just feel he has more to offer than Brooking, but hey thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by gaberox View Post
                Oh I dont deny Brookings filled in nicely. While I may not be on the same level as some of you are at analyzing player performance Im not a noobie either. Ive watched 99% of DJs snaps as a Bronco no lie and he has been pretty dang good against the run most of the time and just an all out tackling machine at SAM, Will and Mike. I just feel he has more to offer than Brooking, but hey thats just me.
                I think he does, too, but he was gone for nine games. We may see more of him in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                X