Danny Trevathan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    i don't really see neither trevathan or ww as a MLB I hope we draft a true MLB I think its best we keep ww at olb and trvathan in on nickel situations when miller is rushing the passer
    I think Trevathan has the ability to be our Mike of the future, but he could very well just be used in nickle situations.

I believe it's too early and there are too many variables in our coaching staff from both what I've seen in their time here and previously to accurately determine his fate.

It's all depends on what Del Rio and Fox want in their Mike. Dan Morgan, Mike Peterson, Jon Beason, or Paul Posluszny.

If they want a guy with a similar skill set to Morgan and Beason then Trev would have a chance.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

This kid was a beast in our preseason games, I think he'd do the same in real games given more playing time.

Comment

I believe he will be our Mike next year, the more I thought about it the more it seems they are grooming him for the position. Daryl Washington is only 230 lbs and it does not seem to effect his ability to play inside. If we continue to go with two run stuffers in our base, having a quicker, coverage MLB makes sense.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Denver's DL doesn't stunt against run plays. They jam and slide which builds a wall and keeps blockers off the Backers, especially Mike. Trevathan seems quick and instinctive enough to have a B to B gap triangle. In the event he is tried at Mike, we'll see how he does at shedding FB/HB/Puller blocks and making the tackle.

Trevathan is fully capable of taking the seam receiver in Tampa 2. That means the other deep half looks, Cover 2 and Cover 2 Robber, can be used as well. If all three can't be used it decreases the effectiveness of any of them.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
            i don't really see neither trevathan or ww as a MLB I hope we draft a true MLB I think its best we keep ww at olb and trvathan in on nickel situations when miller is rushing the passer
            I think it could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised to see them stand pat on the LB corp this offseason. I also wouldn't be surprised, or unhappy, to see Minter drafted in the first round.

The way the league is passing now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a good coverage guy, like Trevathan, in there at MLB on every down. Someone who can stay on the field every down would give the defense much more versatility with the same personnel groupings. Fox and JDR have both had smaller LB in at MLB so it isn't out of the question.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X