I've been called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been called

I've been called a bandwagon fan because I followed Peyton from Indy to Denver. Let me set one thing straight. Peyton is the reason I became an NFL fan. I have followed the colts since Peyton's rookie year, through all the ups and downs, SB win and let downs.
    I want to say AGAIN, I will continue to follow Peyton, along with sticking with my guns.
    How many former colts fans are now Bronco fans because Peyton is here?
    I'm not defending myself, to each his/her own. Just sayin.....

good story

Comment

Originally posted by peytonfan59 View Post
      I've been called a bandwagon fan because I followed Peyton from Indy to Denver. Let me set one thing straight. Peyton is the reason I became an NFL fan. I have followed the colts since Peyton's rookie year, through all the ups and downs, SB win and let downs.
      I want to say AGAIN, I will continue to follow Peyton, along with sticking with my guns.
      No need to explain your fandom.....its your choice. I only became a Bronco fan because as a six year old, I liked everything my Dad liked. Most people become fans for odd resasons and for anybody to try and cheapen it is actually quite absurd. Welcome to the better side

Comment

A lot of people follow favorite players from team to team. It doesn't make you a bandwagon fan, it just makes you a fan of that player.

Calling you a bandwagon fan is normally the reaction of someone who couldn't come up with a better comeback in a debate, so they question your fanhood. Don't take offense of it.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

lol
          My only problem was that you claimed to have been a diehard Colts fan, and now they "dont exist to you".
          Diehard fans stick with their team through thick and thin imho.
          sigpic

Comment

Who cares what he claimed in the past? Are people's minds not allowed to change about something? Ever? How then would we grow or even learn?

"Diehard" fan does not make someone a "better" fan. Just a particular type of fan. There's no rule, spoken or unspoken, when it comes to fandom. Cheer for who you want, however you want. That's why there are lots of different players, teams, and sports to choose from.

Comment

Tell us how you really feel....

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                Tell us how you really feel....
                Who are you talking to?

Comment

peytonfan59, take a look at the comments that have been made by the person (not VenomousDB) who,initially, called you a band-wagon fan. Most of the comments are sarcastic and condescending. Don't let it bother you...just consider the source. An admitted non-fan of the Broncos who feels the need to troll the board and cause problems...not worth your time.
                  Last edited by MileHighMaven; 12-29-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    Who cares what he claimed in the past? Are people's minds not allowed to change about something? Ever? How then would we grow or even learn?

"Diehard" fan does not make someone a "better" fan. Just a particular type of fan. There's no rule, spoken or unspoken, when it comes to fandom. Cheer for who you want, however you want. That's why there are lots of different players, teams, and sports to choose from.
                    Judging by the picture Peytonfan is a she...
                    Anyways,
                    She claimed to have been a diehard Colts fan not even a half hour ago. All I said was to look up the definition of diehard fan. I also said welcome to the Broncos, or something to that effect.
                    Diehard, IMHO (like I stated before, in case you missed that) means you stick with a team through thick and thin.
                    sigpic

Comment

Your not a Bronco/Colt fan,your a Manning fan. Claiming to be a fan of a team (in your case player) and then bailing on them when they fall on hard times would constitute the label bandwagon.
                      sigpic
                      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                        Who are you talking to?
                        I guess the OP.

But I was being sarcastic obviously. Lol

Comment

You are entitled to your own decision/opinion as am I. And I still think that you are a front running bandwagon fan. Players come and go in this league, ie Joe Montana. Die hard fans stick with their team regardless. Peyton was my favorite Colts player and I was happy to see him go to a team where he will have the chance to win another ring. That was not going to happen in Indy. Peyton's contract ate too much of our cap space. I wonder how many Niner fans left for kc when Montana left? A hundred bucks says if any did, those front runners are back in San Fran now. What team will you follow when Manning retires? IMO Denver can have you. BTW I got to attend three games at the Luke this year because all of the bandwagoners left. Thanks
                          Grab a brew, dont cost nothin

Comment

We all get here in different ways. It's what we do after we're here. Does that make sense? No? Let me explain.

We've had people follow a player here and were very obnoxious to the regular members. Started arguments, weren't willing to listen to anyone's opinions but their own. Shoving their player down everyone's throat. When the player was gone, so were they.

We've had people follow a player here and were polite, made great posts, contributed to the community in a positive way. When their player left, they stayed.

If people follow a player here and that's all they're here for, that's fine. It's just how they approach it, you know?
                            Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by peytonfan59 View Post
                              Most people enjoy good posts from any fan on these forums

Do not let the vocal few bring ya down

Do what ya do and I am glad your here!

:thumb:
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X