16.5 Point Favs Against Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.5 Point Favs Against Chiefs

I haven't studied game "odds" much, but having a 16.5 point advantage must not be a likely scenario in the NFL. Sure, San Fran has the same odds against the lowly Cards. But that's close to 20 points, and how often do you see odds at 20 or more in one team's favour?

Regardless, this is a story of two teams gone in different directions. The Broncos are the #1 Ranked team in some places for sure, whereas KC has pretty much assured itself of the #1 pick in the draft. I've written about them elsewhere, but if they had a Peyton Manning of their own, they'd be decent. For that matter, if they pick up a quality QB next year, they may be a threat....albeit, it might take a couple of years.

But here we are, a team coming together very nicely, and playing inspired. A win tmorrow and we may even be the #1 Seed in the AFC.......not a bad situation, even if Houston maintains their spot with a win in Indy. But I wouldn't count out Indy, who are now testing the waters of the playoffs again, and motivated that their HC is back!!

16.5 point favs.....the odds-makers are pretty good at this sort of stuff. It tells a story. I like this story, but watch out for KC in the not too distant future....

I can't remember the last time we were favored by over 2 touchdowns....it's insane. A good insane but insane nonetheless.

Comment

I just want us to make it 11 victories in a row by defeating the other team by 7+ points
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
        I just want us to make it 11 victories in a row by defeating the other team by 7+ points
        YES!! I just saw that stat...would love it if we could leapfrog SF and join Chicago with 11

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighMaven View Post
          YES!! I just saw that stat...would love it if we could leapfrog SF and join Chicago with 11
          14 in a row of 7+. Wowzer. Ok I wont get ahead of myself.
          sigpic

Comment

14 in a row of 7+. Wowzer. Ok I wont get ahead of myself.
            What are you talking about...14?!? lol

The list:
            2005 Indianapolis Colts (13 consecutive games)
            1942 Chicago Bears (11)
            1997 San Francisco 49ers (10)
            2012 Denver Broncos (10)

Comment

What are you talking about...14?!? lol

The list:
              2005 Indianapolis Colts (13 consecutive games)
              1942 Chicago Bears (11)
              1997 San Francisco 49ers (10)
              2012 Denver Broncos (10)
              Oh you know what Im talkin bout
              sigpic

Comment

If we win tomorrow, we will need 14 wins in a row to win it all. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                sigpic

Comment

If we win tomorrow, we will need 14 wins in a row to win it all. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                  Hahahahahaha!!! Duh indeed!!

Comment

It's almost like we haven't had a chance to lose for a long time (not like we wanted to lose), because we were always hunting down something, whether it be The Division, or A Bye, or A Bye and some Homefield, or Homefield til the SB.......and after that, the playoffs, well now.........you can't lose period!!!!!

Comment

I believe the Bronco record for consecutive victories is 13 in a row (1998). 14 in a row would be sooooo sweet!

Comment

It's gonna be hard next season when we suffer our first loss. It'll be such a shock to our systems, we won't know what to do

Comment

It's gonna be hard next season when we suffer our first loss. It'll be such a shock to our systems, we won't know what to do
                          Next year? I was thinking more like 2014-and thatll be just a preseason game
                          sigpic

Comment

Next year? I was thinking more like 2014-and thatll be just a preseason game
                            I like your scenario better...lol

Comment

That's a huge points spread by NFL standards. Las Vegas puts their money where their mouth is.

Denver is scoring about 10 1/2 points per game more than they surrender, and they scored 8 more than the Chiefs in Arrowhead.

Some may take KC and the points ... if they like to gamble on sporting events.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X