M V Peyton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    But you'll find out and care before you know who's going to win the Super Bowl. Just saying...
    Oh I was just lying out loud to try to convince myself anyway.

It didn't work.

I am greedy, I want a few of the awards to go to the Broncos AND a SB win but I would be happy enough with the win =D
    Last edited by PFM!; 01-05-2013, 08:18 PM.
    Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Comment

M
      v
      p
      !

M
      v
      p
      !

M
      v
      p
      !

Comment

Originally posted by PFM! View Post
        Oh I was just lying out loud to try to convince myself anyway.

It didn't work.

I am greedy, I want a few of the awards to go to the Broncos AND a SB win but I would be happy enough with the win =D
        It's not greedy. This isn't some bogus "fair share" system (which ends up helping nobody in the end). The best players should get the best awards. The best team wins the Super Bowl. If any of those are mixed, so be it!

So feel free to want all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PFM! View Post
          So much for Peterson dragging the "terrible" quarterback Ponder to the playoffs.
          Now we can see why QB's should - and usually do - win the award. Minnesota loses their mediocre starting QB and suddenly A.P. is neutralized. He in no way was able to carry his team to a victory against Green Bay without his (so so) starting QB in the lineup. Conversely, Manning lost his starting RB several weeks ago. All he did was keep on winning.

Comment

I would give the MVP to Manning.

Here's my reasoning: We constantly are told by the pundits that the QB wins and loses games. This is repeated ad-nauseum. Now, for example, how many times do people disparage Barry Sanders for not ever winning a Ring? Never.
            Is Franco Harris considered the greatest Rb ever, because he has 4 Rings? No, and nor should he be.
            But we hear these arguments all th etime about Quarterbacks.
            Therefore, the pundits have told us that the QB is the most important player on the field. If that's true, then it follows that a QB should always be the MVP.

Comment

I believe Peyton should win it, but I won't be shocked if AP gets the nod, because they made the playoffs, and well, he carried them. I am not going to lose sleep over this, because we all know how valuable Manning is, and has been, and all I care about is the Championship......that's worth a lot more, and as mentioned, Peyton has nothing more to prove. I am quite sure he wants Ring #2 more than anything! That will be his reward for his unbelievable comeback year!!!

Comment

When are the awards announced? I know voting ended prior to the playoffs, but AP didn't look so good this weekend. I want Manning to be Superbowl MVP!!
                sigpic
                What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

its hard to name a guy MVP that isnt a QB.

AP deserves to be in the talk but when you dont have a QB its a lot easier to neutralize the run.

the year TD won it he had like 23 rushing TDs, LT had 28, alexander had 27. AD only had 12. CJ2k won it with 14 but im not sure who was competition that year, but it looks like manning and brady had pretty avg years in comparison to other years

its hard to argue how much better this team is with manning, we won 5 more games? i think. but hes improved every aspect, our defense isnt on the field as much, STs have chances to return because they cant just give manning free yards.

our WRs have improved DRAMATICALLY. he has made the OL better by not holding the ball for a coons age

he made this whole team better i think he should at least tie peterson for the award and he should get Comeback as well since AD only missed half a game and manning missed the whole year
                  Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 01-07-2013, 07:36 AM.
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

Working...
                  X