Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver's Dominance

488 yards to 119 yards.

While the score only read 38-3 at the end, those yards are very telling. That Kansas City team could run against a Pro Bowl assembled defense, and the Broncos figured it out well enough to buy Manning a few extra possessions.

Those numbers could have been even more lop-sided had Fox pulled a Belichick and kept Manning playing through the 4th quarter.

The Chiefs may not be a measuring stick right now, but no NFL game should be that one-sided (by the stats).

As far as the playoffs go, I actually think Cincinnati presents the biggest threat. 2nd in the NFL in sacks; stingy defense; a receiver who can't be covered; young, fearless attitude; they've won their last 4 road games and 7 of 8 overall to end the season. Those are all the makings of a tough playoff team.

I would rather see Denver play the winner of Baltimore vs. Indianapolis.

We alway!!! seem to beat Cincinnati though.

Comment

I think we will play Cinci, i just can't see Houston winning any more games this season.

Comment

yes cincy is playing very well but no matter who we play itll be a tough game...but if we dont turn it over (which we did in all but 1 game)i like our chances esp. at home...

Comment

They will be challenging, but if we can beat them at there place we can most certainly beat them at home. I guess Geno Atkis has the sickle cell trait like Ryan Clark so he may not even play.

Comment

Cincinnati plays very well on the road. They will play tougher this time around than they did mid-season. Make no mistake about it. Remember the Patriots beating the Jets 42-3 towards the end of the season two years ago? Then the Jets strolled into New England and beat them in the playoffs in Foxborough.

What happened back then won't happen again. Short of the Broncos and Seahawks, the Bengals are the best team heading into the playoffs.

Comment

I'm sure they will, but that doesn't mean I'm any less scared. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play the Colts or Baltimore, but Cinci doesn't exactly scare me when compared to the team I fear the most, the Patriots. We did fine against them, and ya, they may have a good road record, but we have a good home record...

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
                I'm sure they will, but that doesn't mean I'm any less scared. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play the Colts or Baltimore, but Cinci doesn't exactly scare me when compared to the team I fear the most, the Patriots. We did fine against them, and ya, they may have a good road record, but we have a good home record...
                Cincy is playing better than the Patriots, however, and you have less reason to realistically fear the latter than the former. You aren't even presenting empirical reasoning; just "I fear them," and "we have a good home record." The Bengals are playing better, as a team, than the Patriots right now.

I still don't even understand where the fear comes from. There's nothing the Patriots are currently doing that presents any problems to the Broncos. The last game was very close when the Patriots were playing great and the Broncos weren't. How are both teams now? It's also just football, so why a fan would be worried is beyond me.

Comment

Yes Cincy's defense is, there offense hasn't been playing good at all lately. I'm more than confident our defense can contain them and just like our offense put up points on there defense with Geno Atkins, I think we can do fine against them potentially without him. But you brought up that Cincy plays better on the road. Ok great. Good for them. Should that terrify me? No not really. Here's the difference between the Patriots and the Bengals: Tom Brady. Brady and that offense can score and score quickly. Bengals cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    Cincy is playing better than the Patriots, however, and you have less reason to realistically fear the latter than the former. You aren't even presenting empirical reasoning; just "I fear them," and "we have a good home record." The Bengals are playing better, as a team, than the Patriots right now.

I still don't even understand where the fear comes from. There's nothing the Patriots are currently doing that presents any problems to the Broncos.
                    "Empirical evidence"?? How about the facts that the Broncos lost to the Patriots, and beat the Bengals in their house? And I didn't see our defense getting to Brady or coping with their spread offense too well at all. The Pats have playoff experience and veteran Superbowl champs that gives them an edge. I think we can probably take them now, but if they get any hotter it will be one hell of a fight!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I really don't see any team in the playoffs being able to stop us and us not being able to stop them on both sides of the ball. We have beaten the Ravens and the Bengals already and I see a Patriots team as the only one that can really give us a good battle but us at home I see us coming out on top being able to stop the run game being able to disrupt Brady giving us the edge. I hope I am right but its honestly how I feel.

Comment

The Pats are not as hot as they were at the beginning of the season. They do have a bye week to put it back together, so as long as the Pats and Broncos win this is shaping up to be a dog fight in the AFCCG. I would give the Broncos a 7 point advantage (3 for the home team and another 4 because of the defense).
                        sigpic

Comment

After I think about it, I think the Ravens would scare me the most over Bengals especially if Lewis plays (his leadership and emotion is huge). The Ravens also have the experience in the playoffs, and have played teams like NE to the wire. Bengals are still young and like I said, there offense just isn't doing well of late. Flacco is a big time liability, though, and I still like our chances at home. It really depends on what the Ravens defense does with Lewis potentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
                            They will be challenging, but if we can beat them at there place we can most certainly beat them at home. I guess Geno Atkis has the sickle cell trait like Ryan Clark so he may not even play.
                            whoa. didnt know that about Atkins. Could help us out if we end up playing them

EDIT: Wait....didnt we play the Bengals at home last year? Did Atkins play?
                            Last edited by one5beast; 12-30-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                              whoa. didnt know that about Atkins. Could help us out if we end up playing them
                              Yeah I didn't either. I was just visiting the Bengals forums and they say he has it, but say he would probably play in all likelihood. But we beat them once with Atkins we can do it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X