No announcement yet.

Denver's Dominance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Bengals are the 6th seed for a reason and there is no way they are better than the Patriots. They are the weakest team in the playoffs, but they'll probably upset the Texans because the Texans aren't playing very well lately. Them coming into Denver and beating us would be right up there with the Jaguars upsetting us in '96. We are the far better team.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

The Texans looked flat today. In order to advance, the Bengals must defeat them in Houston. If the Texans win, they go to New England, and Denver would get the winner of Ravens/Colts. If the Bengals win, they would come to Denver, and NE would play Ravens/Colts.

The Broncos have played all these in the regular season except for the Colts. They will be delighted to host any of them ... at Mile High.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
        Yeah I didn't either. I was just visiting the Bengals forums and they say he has it, but say he would probably play in all likelihood. But we beat them once with Atkins we can do it again.
        just found an article Geno talking about it.
        "I knew from my research that it would not be good for me to play in high altitude, so I prayed I wouldn't get drafted by Denver, which is at a high altitude. I ended up in Cincinnati and have played at a very high level without any adverse affects of the sickle cell trait. During the 2011 season we did travel to Denver to play the Broncos and that was the first time I can truly say I felt the effects of the trait. I could not breathe after a 10-play series and had to be given oxygen on the sideline.
        http://www.cdc.gov/features/SickleGenoAtkins/

With Peytons long no huddle drives it could be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
          I think the Bengals are the 6th seed for a reason and there is no way they are better than the Patriots. They are the weakest team in the playoffs, but they'll probably upset the Texans because the Texans aren't playing very well lately. Them coming into Denver and beating us would be right up there with the Jaguars upsetting us in '96. We are the far better team.
          So you've paid no attention to the Bengals then? You obviously have only judged them based on the fact they are the 6th seed and historically they've been the "Bungles" right?

The Bengals are the 6th seed because of how they started the season. They were 3-5. Doesn't matter because they won 7 of their last 8 games. They have the best defense besides Denver in the AFC, the toughest WR to cover, a good offensive line, are 2nd in sacks and 6th overall in defense, and have a young, fearless attitude.

It's all about runs leading up to the playoffs. Since New England, Denver has won 11 in a row. Hot.

Cincinnati has won 7 of 8 since Denver. Also hot. Their average margin of victory during that span? 12.5 points. They are no joke.

All that New England has had is the ability to score points, and even that has cooled down to oddball bursts when defenses let up tremendously.

I fully expect them to get an EASY victory in Houston. I hope I'm wrong, because they are a much tougher opponent than either Indianapolis or Baltimore.
          Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-30-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

We've won 11 in a row. Nuff' said.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              All that New England has had is the ability to score points, and even that has cooled down to oddball bursts when defenses let up tremendously.
              Yep, they were cold as ice today while beating the Dolphins 28 to 0, on their way to winning 7 of their last 8 by an average margin of 22.4 points per game. Yep, cold as ice.

Comment

Yep, they were cold as ice today while beating the Dolphins 28 to 0, on their way to winning 7 of their last 8 by an average margin of 22.4 points per game. Yep, cold as ice.
                Again, it was a burst. 21 of those points came in the first half against a listless, injured, more worried about the 2 dozen contract issues soon to be a problem Dolphins. Against the 49ers, they only managed to make that score close because Smith went down, and Harbaugh dropped into the shell WAY too early. How about against Jacksonville? We also now know that the Texans can't score against anybody and haven't been able to win a real football game for over a month. Impressive win against the mighty Jets who are...oh wait...awful.

The Patriots put up some big numbers early to mid season. WATCH THE GAMES. They have come so far down since weeks 8-12 where they played their best football. Their defense is porous, but have yet to play an offense like Denver's (currently) playing who can really make them pay. Nor have they gone up against a defense, other than San Francisco, who can do to them what the Broncos or Bengals can. In fact, the only good defenses they've played against this year (AZ and Balt were playing decent defense at the time) have beaten them. Denver's was 22nd in the league at the time and still in miscommunication mode.

These Patriots are like a weaker version of the Greatest Show on Turf.
                Last edited by Doogansquest; 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Again, it was a burst. 21 of those points came in the first half against a listless, injured, more worried about the 2 dozen contract issues soon to be a problem Dolphins. Against the 49ers, they only managed to make that score close because Smith went down, and Harbaugh dropped into the shell WAY too early. How about against Jacksonville? We also now know that the Texans can't score against anybody and haven't been able to win a real football game for over a month. Impressive win against the mighty Jets who are...oh wait...awful.

The Patriots put up some big numbers early to mid season. WATCH THE GAMES. They have come so far down since weeks 8-12 where they played their best football. Their defense is porous, but have yet to play an offense like Denver's (currently) playing who can really make them pay. Nor have they gone up against a defense, other than San Francisco, who can do to them what the Broncos or Bengals can. In fact, the only good defenses they've played against this year (AZ and Balt were playing decent defense at the time) have beaten them. Denver's was 22nd in the league at the time and still in miscommunication mode.

Dont forget what Sherman and the Hawks did to them. That was a joy to watch.

Comment

pulled a Belichick
                    I believe that is currently known as "pulling a Pete Carroll".

Belichick has been pretty mellow this year but Carroll has been running up the score like crazy lately in the last few weeks. lol

Comment

The Patriots have scored 127 points in the last 4 weeks. Of the teams making the AFC playoffs, that is 2nd only to the Broncos (132). I fail to see how "they have come so far down since weeks 8-12". They stumbled once against another playoff team and almost came back and beat them.

Meanwhile the Bengals have scored 89 points in the last 4 weeks. The only team of the 6 making the AFC playoffs to score less is the Texans.

Oh and I have watched the games. Sunday Ticket affords that opportunity. And if you think the Bengals are better than the Patriots (or hotter) then I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Comment

So you've paid no attention to the Bengals then? You obviously have only judged them based on the fact they are the 6th seed and historically they've been the "Bungles" right?

The Bengals are the 6th seed because of how they started the season. They were 3-5. Doesn't matter because they won 7 of their last 8 games. They have the best defense besides Denver in the AFC, the toughest WR to cover, a good offensive line, are 2nd in sacks and 6th overall in defense, and have a young, fearless attitude.

It's all about runs leading up to the playoffs. Since New England, Denver has won 11 in a row. Hot.

Cincinnati has won 7 of 8 since Denver. Also hot. Their average margin of victory during that span? 12.5 points. They are no joke.

I fully expect them to get an EASY victory in Houston. I hope I'm wrong, because they are a much tougher opponent than either Indianapolis or Baltimore.
                        Who dat gonna beat dem Bengals? They simmered down a bit wouldn't you say?

Comment

Who dat gonna beat dem Bengals? They simmered down a bit wouldn't you say?
                          All these years in Cincy and Marv Lewis is yet to win a play off game? Wow.

Comment

The Broncos are playing like they deserve to win the Superbowl. I think that they will they have the Superbowl this year. They are playing really good football. Peyton is very hot right now.

Comment

Sweet. So my prediction was wrong and Houston squeaked it out, which helps Denver. That would have been a far uglier game than either Indianapolis or Baltimore will present.

Manning will wreck the winner of that game regardless of who it is. Denver's D will have a field day against both of those sub-50% QB's.
                              Last edited by Doogansquest; 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X