Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pats Fan: 2012 Broncos are the lightest challenged 13-3 team ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats Fan: 2012 Broncos are the lightest challenged 13-3 team ever.

from the pats forum
    Don't get me wrong,its hard to win 2 games in a row in the NFL,let alone 11 games in a row but when you sit and look at the schedule Manning has had,its easy to see that the #1 seed was very obtainable once he settled in as their QB.

The 11 game winning streak consisted of opposing teams that had a combined 68-108 in wins vs. losses which includes division opponents twice and in a division is which the other 3 teams had a record of 13-35.

How lucky has Manning been who almost always throughout his career got chump teams in the division he plays in?

The 2012 Denver Broncos team has not had a visitor in Mile High who has had a winning record and their only loss at home was to a team that is in the playoffs and has a good record and all their losses includes teams in the playoffs.

The only 2 wins against playoff teams (Cincy & Balt) were on the road

Folks....The bottom line is Denver has beaten the Sisters Of The Poor all season and lost to most of the teams in the playoff picture.

Denver to me is the weakest #1 seed in the NFL in over a decade and is a pretender at 13-3

The first team to enter Mile High might very well walk out the winner
    of that game.

At 13-3,I still think Denver is weak and like that kicker Vanderjagt once said,that team is "ripe for the picking"...he was wrong then but I think the 2012 Broncos are the lightest challenged 13-3 team ever.
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...seed-ever.html

Whats funny is that this was the same argument used against them last season when they reached the super bowl.

2011 Patriots Opponents Combined Record: 95-113 <------they then reached the SB
    2012 Broncos Opponents Combined Record: 104-104

And I love this quote:
    Denver to me is the weakest #1 seed in the NFL in over a decade and is a pretender at 13-3
    Patriots opponents had a record of 95-113 last season when they got the #1 seed and were........13-3.

And now this year Broncos have #1 seed......13-3... but with an opponents record of 104-104.. yeah we are the weakest #1 seed in over a decade.
    Last edited by Frenchy180; 12-31-2012, 02:08 AM. Reason: changed quote, removed profanity, replaced with the word "weak"

Patriot fans opinions remind me of the sound a dog makes when he pukes.
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Who gives a damn what Patriot fans think. They are the definition of moronic and arrogant. Let them think whatever the hell they'd like. If it helps them sleep at night trying to downplay us, so be it.

We'll see if they like what happens when and IF they can make it to Mile High.

Also, they are 12-4. What good teams have they beat? Us. Houston. Wow, they've had a REALLY tough schedule. They have a ton of room to talk obviously.

I can guarantee you Brady isn't in that kind of mindset. He definitely doesn't want to come here and play if he doesn't have to.
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

That argument is ridiculous.

I can see why a Pats fans underestimate Denver though- here's a picture from the last time we beat them:

There's just something different about the team this year though, I can't quite put my finger on it.
        sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

Yea, Pats beat teams with combined record of 89-103

They also managed to lose to a 5-11 team

lol is all that needs to be said

Comment

Meh, the Broncos played the schedule they were given, and did what a contender is supposed to do, beat the teams they should. Funny how the second toughest schedule at the beggining of the season has became so easy now that the season is over.
            I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by fullcollapse View Post

I can see why a Pats fans underestimate Denver though- here's a picture from the last time we beat them:

There's just something different about the team this year though, I can't quite put my finger on it.
              Caleb Hannie?
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Prior to the start of the season, Giants had the hardest schedule and we had projected to have the 2nd hardest schedule. I challenge anyone to find a more difficult 6 game stretch then we had the first 6 weeks with a brand new quarterback who many questioned whether he should retire or not and defensive coordinator.

Comment

Looks like McDaniels. He's with the Pats now.

Comment

I can smell the fear.

Comment

I wonder what criticisms we'd be getting had we managed to make 5 fewer mistakes all year and gone undefeated... I don't mind being the weakest #1 seed in a decade, because you know what, at the end of the day, we're still the #1 seed and if you want to get to the Super Bowl, you have to play in Denver or hope someone else does it for you.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

i lol at there Cardinals/Ravens and jags game.

Comment

Originally posted by fullcollapse View Post

Just seeing mcd's face ticks me off. It feels like belichick sent him over just to screw us up because we were the only team to have a winning record against them. I wouldn't be surprised if he bugged the locker room on his way out.

While the pats themselves scare me, I wouldn't take anything their fans say seriously. Our schedule may have been weak for the last 11 games but we never had a close loss. The broncos can't pick their schedule and they won every game convincingly. Meanwhile pats fans have to make excuses for narrow victories against the jets, bills, dolphins and jags and the loss against the cards.

Comment

Normally I'd take every opportunity to dump on the New England fanbase, but I'm pretty sure if one of their members decided to browse the BCMB they'd find a few posts by Broncos fans giving just as little credit to the Patriots. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of dumb fans who think the OP has a legit point is higher than it would be elsewhere. It's just a shame their coaching staff and players won't be stupid enough to underestimate our team, too.

It was hard enough beating Jake Plummer in Denver. Beating Peyton Manning and that Pass rush in the altitude and in front of those great fans is going to be a tall order.
                            At least some of them know what's up.
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -
                            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

The first part of his arguement is true though. Our losses came at the hands of 3 playoff/division winning teams. Our streak of wins was on the back of either losing teams or pretenders ( see Baltimore) I can see why that is their view of this team. The one game they watched would be the one they beat us in and we didn't actually look our best at he time.

The real test starts in two weeks, then we'll see if the Pats fan is right or not. Until hen, we think we are tough, they don't, great.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X