Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pats Fan: 2012 Broncos are the lightest challenged 13-3 team ever.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    check out what Advanced NFL Stats has to say about our opponents and success

    http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teampage.php

    2012 Regular Season and Playoffs
    Opponent Adjusted Team Success Rate

    Rank Team Team AdjSR Off AdjSR Def AdjSR Opp Def SR Opp Off SR Opp Tot SR
    1 DEN 54.4 50.9 57.8 54.9 44.3 49.6
    2 NE 52.9 53.8 52.1 56.0 43.5 49.7
    3 SF 52.4 48.8 56.1 54.7 44.3 49.5
    4 HST 52.1 45.9 58.2 54.3 44.2 49.3
    5 GB 51.2 48.2 54.2 54.5 43.6 49.1
    6 SEA 51.1 48.2 53.9 55.2 44.2 49.7
    7 ATL 51.1 47.7 54.4 53.9 44.8 49.3
    8 DAL 50.7 48.3 53.1 53.9 44.8 49.3
    9 NO 50.6 48.5 52.7 54.4 45.5 50.0
    10 DET 50.0 46.9 53.0 54.9 43.6 49.3
    11 WAS 49.9 47.5 52.3 53.5 44.8 49.1
    12 NYJ 49.7 43.2 56.3 54.5 44.5 49.5
    13 MIA 49.5 43.2 55.8 54.6 44.4 49.5
    14 BUF 49.3 45.7 53.0 54.9 43.8 49.4
    15 CAR 49.3 45.5 53.0 54.1 45.2 49.6
    16 NYG 49.2 46.8 51.6 53.9 45.4 49.6
    17 SL 49.1 44.8 53.3 55.1 44.3 49.7
    18 IND 48.9 45.7 52.1 54.5 43.0 48.8
    19 CIN 48.7 43.2 54.3 53.8 43.8 48.8
    20 BLT 48.7 42.8 54.6 54.2 45.0 49.6
    21 PIT 48.6 42.6 54.7 54.0 44.0 49.0
    22 PHI 48.6 43.4 53.9 53.3 45.1 49.2
    23 SD 48.3 43.2 53.4 54.6 43.8 49.2
    24 CHI 48.2 38.7 57.8 53.7 44.7 49.2
    25 OAK 48.0 41.7 54.4 54.1 44.2 49.2
    26 KC 48.0 41.8 54.1 54.4 44.5 49.4
    27 TB 47.8 40.6 55.0 53.1 45.8 49.5
    28 CLV 47.4 41.8 53.1 54.0 44.4 49.2
    29 MIN 47.2 43.5 51.0 54.7 43.6 49.2
    30 ARZ 47.2 36.7 57.7 54.1 45.8 49.9
    31 TEN 46.2 41.2 51.3 54.4 43.8 49.1
    32 JAX 45.2 41.1 49.3 54.7 43.6 49.2

    Comment


    • #32
      What does it mean? I visited the site and don't understand the terminology or the purpose of the chart.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • #33
        I don't like to say this, but I have a deeply embedded hate within for Tom Brady and the Patriots. We lost against ATL, HOU, NE but Manning was playing in his first few games back.... HELLO

        CAN"T WAIT (Bart Scott voice)

        Comment


        • #34
          Hey, Pats played these teams over .500:



          Broncos - win

          Texans - win

          Colts - win

          Seahawks - loss

          49ers - loss

          Ravens - loss

          Record 3-3



          Broncos played these teams over .500:


          Pats - loss

          Texans - loss

          Falcons - loss

          Bengals - win

          Ravens - win

          Record 2-3


          Raiders and Chiefs can be used all you want to discredit the Broncos but neither the AFC East nor the AFC West have a 2nd placed team with more than 7 wins.


          Most compelling stat to me:

          Number of Patriots wins over teams over .500 on the road: 0

          Number of Broncos wins over teams over .500 on the road: 2 (Bengals, Ravens)


          Similar AFC division leading opponents: 1-1 (Texans and Ravens)





          Patriots - No. of teams played below .500 (7 of them - Titans, Jags, Rams, Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, 10 if you count division rivals twice)



          Broncos - No. of teams played below .500 (7 of them - Saints, Panthers, Bucs, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, 10 if you count division rivals twice)


          Pats' opponents 107-99-2 due to a tie, Broncos' opponents 104-104


          Looks even to me when you consider the sum of all parts.


          Colts have played Titans, Jags, Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Lions, Browns, Chiefs - 8 teams below .500 making them the team to play the most sub .500 teams in the NFL. The other one is the Falcons that played 8 teams below .500


          Some Peyton or Bronco haters need to take their blinders off and look at some numbers as well
          Last edited by chad72; 12-31-2012, 08:33 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Chump Division?

            The Bills, Dolphins and Jets are ....?

            And the Pats played 3 winning teams during the season last year.... and lost to them.
            Last edited by LSIGRAD09; 12-31-2012, 08:44 AM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              We will see, only time will tell.

              Comment


              • #37
                Until I see a Johm Fox led Broncos team play well defensively against the Patriots, I will be skeptical of the Broncos' ability to beat the Patriots.

                That being said, the Broncos clearly improved over the course of the season, especially on offense. I don't think it will surprise anyone if the Broncos get to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots on the way to getting there.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                Comment


                • #38
                  I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play the Patriots in our house in the AFCCG. We can finally put an end to all the "Manning can't win playoff games" drivel, spewed by Patriot fans and start a new Dynasty of Broncos dominance in the AFC.
                  sigpic

                  Defense wins championships

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Until I see a Johm Fox led Broncos team play well defensively against the Patriots, I will be skeptical of the Broncos' ability to beat the Patriots.

                    That being said, the Broncos clearly improved over the course of the season, especially on offense. I don't think it will surprise anyone if the Broncos get to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots on the way to getting there.
                    It's up to JDR to dial up the plays on defense. Fox just has to think about the big picture.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                      It's up to JDR to dial up the plays on defense. Fox just has to think about the big picture.
                      Ask the vets on that wildcat 2008 Dolphins D how the wildcat and Chad Pennington helped them by keeping the offense on the field. Once Belichick shut down Tebow, going 3 and outs did not help the D whatsoever.

                      Give this Broncos' D some points support, you will see a different side. That is why Peyton was brought in. Plus, Brady is not going to be able to run that fast paced no huddle out here in Denver easily, biggest difference, IMO.

                      More than Brady vs the Broncos D, the game will be decided by Peyton vs the Pats D, IMO, how they cope in the 3rd and 4th qtr. vs the no huddle and high altitude vs Peyton's O. Belichick knows that fully well.
                      Last edited by chad72; 12-31-2012, 10:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I won't argue, but will actually see what happens on the game day.
                        ^_^

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I honestly think those first three games relied heavy on Del Rio working out the kinks to our defense. We looked a little confused defensively and it seemed like our rotations were out of wack (Hence the K-Vick dropping into coverage). Now it seems that Del Rio knows the tools he has to work with on Defense and can make the proper calls regarding each players skills.

                          You can also blame the slow offense starts. But it seems like McCoy is finally getting it these past few games.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                            Hey, Pats played these teams over .500:



                            Broncos - win

                            Texans - win

                            Colts - win

                            Seahawks - loss

                            49ers - loss

                            Ravens - loss

                            Record 3-3



                            Broncos played these teams over .500:


                            Pats - loss

                            Texans - loss

                            Falcons - loss

                            Bengals - win

                            Ravens - win

                            Record 2-3


                            Raiders and Chiefs can be used all you want to discredit the Broncos but neither the AFC East nor the AFC West have a 2nd placed team with more than 7 wins.


                            Most compelling stat to me:

                            Number of Patriots wins over teams over .500 on the road: 0

                            Number of Broncos wins over teams over .500 on the road: 2 (Bengals, Ravens)


                            Similar AFC division leading opponents: 1-1 (Texans and Ravens)





                            Patriots - No. of teams played below .500 (7 of them - Titans, Jags, Rams, Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, 10 if you count division rivals twice)



                            Broncos - No. of teams played below .500 (7 of them - Saints, Panthers, Bucs, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, 10 if you count division rivals twice)


                            Pats' opponents 107-99-2 due to a tie, Broncos' opponents 104-104


                            Looks even to me when you consider the sum of all parts.


                            Colts have played Titans, Jags, Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Lions, Browns, Chiefs - 8 teams below .500 making them the team to play the most sub .500 teams in the NFL. The other one is the Falcons that played 8 teams below .500


                            Some Peyton or Bronco haters need to take their blinders off and look at some numbers as well
                            Thanks for posting this. I keep trying to talk about strength of schedule and all that to Pats fans and now I have something tangible and concrete to present. I really appreciate it. Why does everyone always say we have the "easy" schedule when it is so clear that the Pats also had one. The other thing that people don"t consider is that strength of schedule of which we were 2nd is defined as having played teams who had 9 wins or more the year before. We played 7 while the Pats played 4. We can't help it if those teams didn't play well this year and that their record didn't reflect how well they played the year before.

                            I just hate the bias geared towards the Pats. I hear it day in and day out in the sports media up here about our cupcake schedule. I've even called into the radio show Felger and Mazz...they are the worst. But I've decided to stop listening because it would get me so mad. Now, I have some really good statistics to back me up. Appreciate it.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Thanks for posting this. I keep trying to talk about strength of schedule and all that to Pats fans and now I have something tangible and concrete to present. I really appreciate it. Why does everyone always say we have the "easy" schedule when it is so clear that the Pats also had one. The other thing that people don"t consider is that strength of schedule of which we were 2nd is defined as having played teams who had 9 wins or more the year before. We played 7 while the Pats played 4. We can't help it if those teams didn't play well this year and that their record didn't reflect how well they played the year before.

                              I just hate the bias geared towards the Pats. I hear it day in and day out in the sports media up here about our cupcake schedule. I've even called into the radio show Felger and Mazz...they are the worst. But I've decided to stop listening because it would get me so mad. Now, I have some really good statistics to back me up. Appreciate it.
                              Stats are funny. If the Steelers are not 8-8 and win one more to be 9-7, then the Broncos record vs winning teams would be 3-3, same as Pats that is 3-3. That is how stats are, one win here and there and it can skew it favorably one way. Besides, if someone chooses to include .500 teams in the stat, the Steelers will show up favorably for the Broncos .

                              I always remember coach Dungy's words "it is not who you play, it is when you play them".

                              If I look at the good offensive teams, before their rhythm is formed with their O-line and offense, you need to play them early. Broncos, Packers and Pats all had 2 losses before 5 games and in the case of Broncos and Packers, it was 3, I think in the first 5.

                              Similarly, good defensive teams like the Bears and Texans and 49ers (even Ravens), you play them late because the D is bound to wear out as the season goes on, and it happened with them like expected.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Personally I'm rooting for baltimore and cincy this weekend I know cincy would be a tough matchup but I want the pats to have to face a healthy baltimore team so even if the pats win they would be beat up. Let lewis, suggs, ngata and company put them thru a very physically challenged game before they come to Denver.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X