No announcement yet.

remember this classless act....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the Pats more than anyone, but my take on NFL games is these guys are getting paid millions to stop the other team, it is their job. In the NFL, running up the score means nothing to me as these are all professionals. That being said, lets dominate them next time we meet.

Comment

Originally posted by gaberox View Post
      I have mixed feelings on that one. At least it showed our guys were still going hard and did not have their spirit broken.
      You never wanna see those silly things out of your team but in this context I was actually relieved our guys were still fighting. No matter the score. Kinda like in 2010 when Charles basically had his breakout game against us and Ayers finally had enough and picked him up and body slammed him. 15 yard penalty but still sent the message that we werent going to just lay down.
      That's not what that says at all. It says, "I'm a poor loser crybaby who's going to take out my frustrations with a juvenile act that I'd never commit in a close game."

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
        MAYBE, they were paying us back?

Did you know in 1987 that John Elway punted on 4th and 3 against the Patriots?

Punt #1 - Dec 6, 1987 - New England at Denver, Denver won 31-20
        In the fourth quarter, Denver had scored to take a 24-20 lead. The Patriots next possession used 6 plays to travel 36 yards but ended in a punt. The result of the punt was a touchback. Denver took over on their own 20-yard line. They went 44 yards in 7 plays. The last three plays of that drive were a 5-yard run, a 2-yard run and an incomplete pass. On 4th and 3 at the New England 36 yard line, Elway brought the Broncos to the line in a shotgun formation. Elway unexpectedly punted the ball which was downed at the New England 5-yard line with 5:00 minutes left to play. Following an incomplete pass, New England quarterback Tom Ramsey threw an interception which DB Mark Haynes returned for a touchdown. Following the game, the Los Angeles Times attributed this quote regarding the punt to then-head coach Dan Reeves: "It put them in a hole and gave our defense the opportunity to stop them deep . . . John shows me something new every week." (http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-...8_1_john-elway)
        Yeah, no. The two situations aren't even close. In the old Elway game,the score was still close and it was important to pin the other team deep.

Last year was a blow out, and running a trick play when you're killing the other team, no matter what the trick play is, is a slap in the other team's faces.

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
        This is silly. Nothing classless about Brady punting. I like the play call in situations like that because sometimes the team won't keep a returner back in the same way in case of a fake.
        Bzzzzzt. Wrong. Running trick plays when you're beating the other team as badly as the Patsies were beating the Broncos in that game instead of trying to run the clock out IS classless despite whatever rosey spin some of you keep trying to put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
          That's not what that says at all. It says, "I'm a poor loser crybaby who's going to take out my frustrations with a juvenile act that I'd never commit in a close game."
          Well I will agree to disagree with you on this one. At least some of our players cared enough to fight on despite the circumstances. Classy? No, but better than lying down IMO. Its like in the NBA playoffs when a guy is just taking it to the rim so you step into the lane and deliver a hard foul. Or maybe we should commend play like Ian Gold in his last and worst year here continually smiling and joking with the other team while helping them up after they just scorched us. This is football sportsmanship is needed but its not a nice game.
          Last edited by gaberox; 01-02-2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
            What was so classless? They didn't try to score more on us on the play, in fact they gave us the ball back instead of trying to keep it and score more. I hated the patriots beating us like they did but I'm not going to use that beat down as a reason to call that play classless. I personally use it as motivation to do the same to them in the playoffs. I cant wait to get them in Mile High if they can make it that far.

Somebody will have to explain to me though how that act was classless because I don't understand how it was. We use to have a qb behind center who made a few kicks himself.
            Exactly right - in fact I think that Patriots and Tom Brady deserves tremendous respect and show high class time and time again.

People here hated Peyton when he was a Colt, but this clip from last years Colts/Patriots game pretty much shows extremely high class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLkGmrYaBk

Hating opposing teams for being great teams is indeed class less and worthy of Raider fans

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
              Last year was a blow out, and running a trick play when you're killing the other team, no matter what the trick play is, is a slap in the other team's faces.
              This whole thread arguing about classless blows my mind.

2.35 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, NE leading by 35 points, they punted the ball ( doesn't matter who punted it ). They DID NOT try to score and we call it classless??.

What do you expect them to do, go and score?. You will still call them classless. They just cant win, can they?.

Grow up and move on.

Comment

freaking Von Miller you just see him come flying in

Comment

I more pissed about the "3 and out" show and the "no one block ninkovich" party than the punt.

Nothing was classless about it. Nothing was classless about Brady spiking the ball into the southstands after he scored here either, but I still want him to pay for it.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Kinda reminds me of what I'd do to guys in Madden tournaments back when I was a serious player. Try calling a punt on third down on someone while blowing them out and watch the kind of reaction you'd get...

Classy eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                      Exactly right - in fact I think that Patriots and Tom Brady deserves tremendous respect and show high class time and time again.

People here hated Peyton when he was a Colt, but this clip from last years Colts/Patriots game pretty much shows extremely high class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLkGmrYaBk

Hating opposing teams for being great teams is indeed class less and worthy of Raider fans
                      I don't think it's at all true that "people here hated Peyton when he was a Colt"--I think for the vast majority of NFL fans, Peyton has always been regarded as a good and likeable dude who also happens to be one of the best QBs to ever play the game. He's the type of legend who everyone likes as a person, but everybody hates playing against. He's inherently likeable and I don't think he's done anything to rub people the wrong way.

Brady is different--many people think he's overrated and that his "greatness" is in large part due to the talented teams he's been on. Add in his smug, cocky demeanor and classic "pretty boy" looks and attitude, and you have a guy who many people dislike on a personal level.

Brady gives you stuff like this, where he comes across as a total d-bag:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQKBg

While Peyton gives us awesomeness like this and comes across as likeable, self-deprecating, and funny:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSuHQZjzJYY

(Also, look back to his farewell press conference as a Colt; that's more real emotion than Brady has ever shown).

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                        Gotta agree with u here. As I said earlier, the only "classless" act in that entire play was Von's cheap shot.

If we want to hate the Patsies for kicking our butts, that's one thing. But to be all revenge happy over one play, in which a Bronco instigated a fight, is wrong.
                        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by s10350 View Post
                          have the patriots even won a superbowl since they got caught cheating. I feel good with game being at mile high.
                          nope

Comment

Ugh. On one hand, that is "Patriots football" for you, so it didn't surprise me. I remember telling my friend about that play and he was laughing so hard - "Brady punted?! I have to see this... lawlalwlalwlawletc" I wanted to hire Chun-Li to kick him right in the face, just bop!bop!bop!

On the other hand, it felt like a jerk move and not even gonna lie, when Von started in, I felt a twinge of catharsis at that moment because I hate NE so much, and it's hard for me to separate my feelings about them and come out clear. Then later when I calmed down, I felt maybe it wasn't the best idea - enemies for life, and it was a little embarrassing to go out like that after getting completely stomped. It just showcased a level of inexperience and immaturity, but one thing is clear: we've grown up A LOT since then. If we meet again, I look forward to beating those buppies.

Comment

I don't think Brady's punt during the AFC Divisional Playoff game vs the Broncos last year was classless. The Patriots could have easily gone for 50+ points.

Some may remember about 5 years ago when Belichick let Doug Flutie attempt the drop kick PAT during one game when Flutie was in his last year.
                              sigpic

Comment

I do wish at least one of our guys would've stayed on the field and walked the ball into the endzone considering the Pats never downed the ball
                                "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X